• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Levy should move heaven and earth to get Llorente, Hazard and Javi Martinez.

Llorente would be great, Hazard the same, but where exactly would Javi Martinez fit in? We've already got Modders, Parker, Sandro, and Livermore are pure CMs/DMs, and if we shift him into the centre-back role, we've already got Caulker, King, Kaboul, Daws, possibly Gallas and Nelsen.....plus signing a pure CB like Vertonghen would be both cheaper and more effective.

Llorente would be great, Hazard the same, but where exactly would Javi Martinez fit in? We've already got Modders, Parker, Sandro, and Livermore are pure CMs/DMs, and if we shift him into the centre-back role, we've already got Caulker, King, Kaboul, Daws, possibly Gallas and Nelsen.....plus signing a pure CB like Vertonghen would be both cheaper and more effective.

Martinez would play centre back. As good as Kaboul and Gallas have been this season, Martinez would be an upgrade on everyone in our defence bar King in my opinion. I suppose it would mean we would have to get rid of at least one CB.

cheers, any idea how good they are with set plays or protecting crosses in general? its a bread and butter thing in the premiership. not sure about other leagues

You mean Hannover? I wouldn't know tbh mate. But Falcao is phenomal in the air! He doesn't just score the odd flick on either, most of his headed goals are headed with such authority!!

Martinez would play centre back. As good as Kaboul and Gallas have been this season, Martinez would be an upgrade on everyone in our defence bar King in my opinion. I suppose it would mean we would have to get rid of at least one CB.

Did you really suggest us signing Javi Martinez to play.............. centre back?

Martinez is primarily a DM - and a very good one in fact

In more sombre news - Villa's captain Petrov has been diagnosed with acute leukemia. Blimey.

I think Martinez is one of those players that are just so good that if you have the chance to sign him you pretty much do. Similar to what Ferguson said about Jones.

I would have Martinez in the team ahead of both Parker and Sandro to be honest. Martinez/Modric would be an outstanding central duo, and of course we could/should probably move to a 3 man central midfield in that case as we would have a pretty ridiculous strength in depth in that position.

I think he will be one of the major transfer targets for United though, and quite possibly City if he becomes available.

Sandro/Modric/Martinez in a midfield 3 with Bale,VDV/Lennon,Llorente/Rossi roaming would be unreal in my opinion.

LINE-UPSQPR v Arsenal (1500 BST)

QPR: Kenny, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Hill, Taiwo, Barton, Diakite, Derry, Taarabt, Mackie, Zamora. Subs: Cerny, Gabbidon, Campbell, Bothroyd, Buzsaky, Young, Wright-Phillips.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Walcott, Rosicky, van Persie. Subs: Fabianski, Andre Santos, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Djourou, Gervinho, Chamakh, Benayoun.

LINE-UPSAston Villa v Chelsea (1500 BST)

Aston Villa: Given, Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock, Gardner, Herd, Agbonlahor, Ireland, Bannan, Weimann. Subs: Guzan, Albrighton, Heskey, Johnson, Williams, Carruthers, Grealish.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Sturridge, Mata, Kalou, Torres. Subs: Turnbull, Essien, Meireles, Malouda, Bosingwa, Cahill, Bertrand.

Difficult to see anything else than two away wins unfortunately.

That Villa lineup does not exactly give any confidence - they really have a lot of players injured.

Funny though; Heskey still cant make the starting 11 :)

Cisse out for FOUR games. What a absolute fkn plank. Just seen another replay of his tackle in the Sunderland game and honestly it gets worse every time I see it. macaron.

That said, I honestly think QPR can get something today.

3 match UEFA ban for Wenger =D>

Will he ever learn?

The great thing about it is that it is wenger's game that he must shout about how hard done by he and his 'startlets' are to keep up this 'us against the world' mentality. More bans to come I predict

What is Wenger banned for?

Wenger commented: "I believe that they have transformed Uefa competition referees to be untouchable icons, where you cannot even have a word.

"The only thing they understand after the game is the report.

"I believe that when you have 25 years consecutively in Europe you can still ask the referee that you can have some discussion with him. It is very difficult to understand."

Apparantly he kept trying to confront the ref saying he was giving too many free kicks to AC

Back