• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
To be fair - although it looked like a penalty it did also look like Carrick got the ball with the way the ball went off.

I am liking how Fulham play. Its very compact and fairly efficient so to speak. They just cannot win away

In general. I think he tends to slow the play down. Style but not that much substance. Comparing with Luka is quite ridiculous. He is the heartbeat of our team. He controls our attacking play, at least when HArry plays him centrally. Dembele is more a luxury player, that will turn it on now and then.

And LUka would have had three assists agaisnt Chelsea if we coudl just have finished off easy chances ;)

I like Dembele, and probably rate him slightly higher than you do, but I agree that he's nowhere near Luka in quality. I don't quite see how he would be all that good of an addition to our squad either, we have Hudd coming back next season who can slot into midfield, and in the VdV role Dembele hasn't provided enough goals to warrant starting ahead of someone like Defoe so we would need multiple injuries for him to get a game. And he's 25 in the summer, so not a young prospect anymore.

I do think he would be a very good signing for someone like Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I like Dembele, and probably rate him slightly higher than you do, but I agree that he's nowhere near Luka in quality. I don't quite see how he would be all that good of an addition to our squad either, we have Hudd coming back next season who can slot into midfield, and in the VdV role Dembele hasn't provided enough goals to warrant starting ahead of someone like Defoe so we would need multiple injuries for him to get a game. And he's 25 in the summer, so not a young prospect anymore.

I do think he would be a very good signing for someone like Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Ok let me clarify what i was saying. Dembele is obviously not Luka's quality or ability but i thought KON was judging purely based on Assists (which he wasn't). I happen to think he's a very good player that's destined for big things but yes don't really see where he'd fit in if Luka stays. If Luka goes though....

Apparantly they have a big game on Sunday....its on Sky Sports 1, followed by 2 other teams at 3.30pm I believe

Someone (Rooney I think) said the other day that they got battered 6-1 by City, and after that won six times 1-0 in a row

Not sure if he was right, but that is what titles are made of - play brick and win 1-0

Again tonight, very dreary, scrape the 1-0

It can't be luck as they do it so often, but you just know we would manage to **** up such a slender victory so many times in a row

Someone (Rooney I think) said the other day that they got battered 6-1 by City, and after that won six times 1-0 in a row

Not sure if he was right, but that is what titles are made of - play brick and win 1-0

It can't be luck as they do it so often, but you just know we would manage to **** up such a slender victory so many times in a row

Well, get the big decisions from referees and thats half the job done.

Apparantly they have a big game on Sunday....its on Sky Sports 1, followed by 2 other teams at 3.30pm I believe

The fight for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to get into Europe, and for Liverpool to ... not be overtaken by Sunderland, Everton and Wrexham while dropping into the bottom half of the table thru some flaw in the laws of nature most likely seeing as they have the divine creator himself as their manager.

They get more than their fair share of decisions. Luck, bribes, pressure on the refs. Call it what you want. In close games its only one or two moments that can make the difference.

United should have had a pen for handball first half........swings and roundabouts....

I know they get all the decisions, all the time, but lets be consistent about THIS game!

Back