• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

They have a couple easy games, Leicester and Southampton at home next up in the league, but then they have a really long, tough run of fixtures. Clutching at straws but I don't think they can replicate the form (or luck) they had last year

I guess their brilliant time wasting really paid off... And when will referees adhere to the law about goalkeepers re-starting the game:

The current law states that a goalkeeper is penalised with an indirect free kick inside the area if they 'control the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it'.

It beggars belief how easily they get away with endless time wasting. I was amazed that only seven minutes were added on. I’m also tired of commentators and pundits refusing to call it what it is: cheating. Even the bloody physio was at it - running onto the pitch while the ball was still in play and forcing the match to be stopped.

The fourth official doesn’t have much to do so surely can be relied upon to correctly add on whatever time has been wasted out of the game? Personally I loved it last year when 15 mins was added onto games like Sheffield United at home. It’s nonsense when people say ‘it means the players are playing an extra 15 mins per half and increases the risk of injury’ because of they hadn’t wasted 15 mins then the game would have ended. However, the officials seem to have given up with properly adding time on this season. Mores the pity.

It beggars belief how easily they get away with endless time wasting. I was amazed that only seven minutes were added on. I’m also tired of commentators and pundits refusing to call it what it is: cheating. Even the bloody physio was at it - running onto the pitch while the ball was still in play and forcing the match to be stopped.

The fourth official doesn’t have much to do so surely can be relied upon to correctly add on whatever time has been wasted out of the game? Personally I loved it last year when 15 mins was added onto games like Sheffield United at home. It’s nonsense when people say ‘it means the players are playing an extra 15 mins per half and increases the risk of injury’ because of they hadn’t wasted 15 mins then the game would have ended. However, the officials seem to have given up with properly adding time on this season. Mores the pity.
It was actually funny for a minute there.. Arsenal player down injured, ref says nah I'm not having it, let's play on, Raya is told by teammates to kick it out and hoofs it long diagonally but the City players get there in time to keep it in lol.... then the Arsenal bench were like 'oh fudge' and just sent the physios on anyway!

I was hoping the ref would have been braver there and played on and told them to fudge off back to the dugout but I suppose he couldn't once they entered,

The whole Arsenal gamesmanship 2nd half was horrible to watch (although I suppose if unchecked it is effective).

Raya must have had the ball in his possession for at least 5 minutes total of that half lol

It was actually funny for a minute there.. Arsenal player down injured, ref says nah I'm not having it, let's play on, Raya is told by teammates to kick it out and hoofs it long diagonally but the City players get there in time to keep it in lol.... then the Arsenal bench were like 'oh fudge' and just sent the physios on anyway!

I was hoping the ref would have been braver there and played on and told them to fudge off back to the dugout but I suppose he couldn't once they entered,

The whole Arsenal gamesmanship 2nd half was horrible to watch (although I suppose if unchecked it is effective).

Raya must have had the ball in his possession for at least 5 minutes total of that half lol

You have to admire it.

Their fans probably love it, but it’s quite weak going there for two years running and admitting they can’t compete with Emirates Marketing Project on a football level. Noel Gallagher hates Liverpool but under Klopp he always said they played like champions whenever they went to the Etihad. Whereas Arsenal play like Stoke and hope to nick a goal from a set piece.

And the argument about added time somehow adds to the physical demands is horse manure! It's not like players are running around at full pelt while someone is down, feigning injury. It's a break, where you just keep yourself slightly in motion to keep warm.

Their fans probably love it, but it’s quite weak going there for two years running and admitting they can’t compete with Emirates Marketing Project on a football level. Noel Gallagher hates Liverpool but under Klopp he always said they played like champions whenever they went to the Etihad. Whereas Arsenal play like Stoke and hope to nick a goal from a set piece.

Quote from Bernardo Silva:

Asked about the difference between City's rivalry with Arsenal to the one they shared with Liverpool during the Jurgen Klopp era, Silva continued: "I don't know. Maybe that Liverpool have already won a Premier League, Arsenal haven't. That Liverpool have won a Champions League, Arsenal haven't.

"Liverpool always faced us face-to-face to try to win the games, so by this perspective the games against Arsenal haven't been like the ones we had and have against Liverpool."

Quote from Bernardo Silva:

Asked about the difference between City's rivalry with Arsenal to the one they shared with Liverpool during the Jurgen Klopp era, Silva continued: "I don't know. Maybe that Liverpool have already won a Premier League, Arsenal haven't. That Liverpool have won a Champions League, Arsenal haven't.

"Liverpool always faced us face-to-face to try to win the games, so by this perspective the games against Arsenal haven't been like the ones we had and have against Liverpool."

the dippers hadn't won a PL until City shat themselves

and City have come very close to bricking themselves against arsenal twice now

he's said that to stick the boot in, but the facts don't back it up

I take it back what I said earlier
The blocking in t6e keeper is a clear foul too
City did that to us and Arsenal. It's blocking off but not enough to be a foul. I think it is a foul but also get why they don't give it. If we scored that and it got canx I would be annoyed. Having said that. Solanke jumps with keeper and it's foul. So if that is. Today has to be surly?? Again no consistency

City did that to us and Arsenal. It's blocking off but not enough to be a foul. I think it is a foul but also get why they don't give it. If we scored that and it got canx I would be annoyed. Having said that. Solanke jumps with keeper and it's foul. So if that is. Today has to be surly?? Again no consistency
Different if your trying to get the ball
The arsenal players are trying to block and eventually someone’s gonna get hurt
It’s an obstruction at least

the dippers hadn't won a PL until City shat themselves

and City have come very close to bricking themselves against arsenal twice now

he's said that to stick the boot in, but the facts don't back it up

He’s talking about the head to head games. And yes he’s mentioned Liverpool had already won the CL to stick the boot in.

Liverpool went to the Etihad and attempted to win, Silva’s comments back that up. Arsenal basically admit they can’t win by playing football against them.

Emirates Marketing Project have still ended up as champions for the two years Arsenal have challenged regardless of the results in the head to head games. Arteta essentially admits they can’t win if they go there and try to play expansive football. Even at home against them last season they played very cautiously and only won because of a lucky deflected goal.

He’s talking about the head to head games. And yes he’s mentioned Liverpool had already won the CL to stick the boot in.

Liverpool went to the Etihad and attempted to win, Silva’s comments back that up. Arsenal basically admit they can’t win by playing football against them.

Emirates Marketing Project have still ended up as champions for the two years Arsenal have challenged regardless of the results in the head to head games. Arteta essentially admits they can’t win if they go there and try to play expansive football. Even at home against them last season they played very cautiously and only won because of a lucky deflected goal.

arse never had the benefit of facing bottle job fc in a CL final it must be said

in head to heads like that, making sure you don't lose is often a smarter play than trying to win, you run the analysis, you go with the numbers, thats pro football, you play the percentages

Fergie did it that way for years

Back