• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Unless there is massive investment in the club over the summer, which is rather unlikely, I really can't see Van Persie hanging around much longer. He must realise himself that he is a level above his team mates and that his career will be unfulfilled if he stays put. If he wasn't such a clam I'd like Spurs to buy him. In fact I'd like Spurs to bid for him just to annoy the goons.
I think he'd do well at Chelsea actually. It's a good match - he's a clam, they are clams - he'd fit right in.

Yeah he'd lift them and I can't see Drogba being kept on for another season. It is going to be hilarious watching this pan out. RvP is their last quality player and he's run his contract down. I reckon they'll do well to get 15m for him in the summer.

Van Persie is the main issue Arsenal fans should be concerned about. If he goes they will enter a real crisis in my opinion because it will likely be because they failed to get top 4. They may be lucky, especially if Chelsea continue to falter. But we have it in our hands to inflict some real damage on them, I hope we make the most of it!

SECOND APOLOGY TO FANS OF THE SEASON!

Manager Arsene Wenger apologised to Arsenal's supporters on Friday for the abject 4-0 midweek defeat at AC Milan in their Champions League first knockout round first leg.
"The fans were absolutely fantastic in Milan and we can only say sorry," the Frenchman told reporters on the eve of the FA Cup fifth-round visit to Sunderland (1715 GMT).
"Tomorrow there will be another fight and we want them to be on our side. I am sure they will be," added Wenger.
"Defeat never gets out of your system because you take it with you until the last day of your life. But when you love competition you always strive for the next one and prove that you are ready for a new fight."
Arsenal may be reeling after suffering their worst defeat in European competition on Wednesday but Wenger said he now wanted to see a reaction from everyone in the camp.
"You can find 100 explanations for the fact we had a poor performance and an off day," he said.
"I believe for us, for the rest of the season, it is important not to dwell on that too much, focus on the next performance, respond in a positive way and ensure we have the mental qualities to be at this club.
"We have to ensure straight away we are capable of responding, that is the real test."
Wenger's Arsenal have gone seven years without winning a trophy and the FA Cup takes on even more significance with the north London club fourth in the Premier League, 17 points behind leaders Emirates Marketing Project.
"It was always important," said Wenger, referring to the world's oldest cup competition. "But because we had a big disappointment in the last game it becomes more important.
"We have an opportunity to qualify for the quarter-finals. It is important we are up for that and do not feel sorry for ourselves because of that performance in Milan."
Arsenal will be without injured defenders Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny for their second visit to Sunderland in eight days, having won 2-1 there in the Premier League last weekend.
Forward Gervinho is ready to return after his Ivory Coast team were beaten on penalties by Zambia in Sunday's African Nations Cup final.

I love laughing at Arsenal.

I think Walcott would go alright at Bolton or West Ham. That's about his level. Makes his World Cup call up even more of an embarrassment. It's no wonder nobody respects the English national team when caps are handed out as inducements to sign for the Arse.

Where would Walcott go?

Madrid, Barca?

Great player. Reminds me of Henry in his prime, and was the perfect replacement (Wenger Knows....doesnt he?)

He's fast, pretty quick, and has a good bit of pace. A fast player, who can really run quickly.
I think his pace is good, and that could be a great asset in La Liga. Not to mention his pace. Quick little player, and a fast runner.

40M. Cheeky bid?

Don't get me wrong, I detest and like to laugh at Arsenal as much as the next person. However, I have a real gripe when I go to WHL that it has now become more common to sing about them, than for the team that we love. There are times that at WHL and us singing can make shivers shoot down your spine, and this is generally when the whole ground is rocking and singing for Spurs.

I think that at times we (as fans) can come across as small time to other clubs because of our obsession with Arsenal, we have a great history to be proud of and we are playing great football and probably the best Spurs squad of players that I've seen in my years supporting Spurs. Therefore, my view is that if we focus on singing for the club, the manager, the players, our history then that is the time we will have truly surpassed the goons down the road. (Barring a couple of times a season when we're playing against them, and we can give them a reminder that we are not only the top London club, and give them both barrels!)

I'm not a big fan of the stand up in you hate Arsenal chant (would much prefer stand up if you love Tottenham!), and I know you're probably exaggerating to make a point, but, more common for us to sing about Arsenal than Spurs? Seriously? Come on.

Slight element of exaggeration, but the Arsenal chants have become much more common place in recent years than I previously remembered. Songs for Tottenham seem to reverberate around the whole ground more and give us something extra, whereas the anti-Arsenal songs seem to be focussed more in certain areas of the ground.

Back