• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Walcott's been first choice at Arsenal for years now and I can't see any improvement. Bale is in his second season as a regular in midfield and we're seeing massive improvement and additions to his game.

It is very unlikely that he'd come here anyway, and we'll never know how it would have turned out.
But I still think a change of environment will make him take the step up.

There was little doubt that Saha has been a good footballer; his reputation had been down to age and injuries. O
Plus one game against a mediocre Saudi Sportswashing Machine does not guarantee a great player.

Walcott on the other hand, has never shown any signs of being a decent footballer. I am shocked it has taken Arsenal over 5 years to realise this.

Walcott is and always has been brick. He is incredibly fast, but that is it. He has no football brain, and is pretty poor technically. I could consider him as an option off the bench provided he doesn't cost us any money and is on sensible wages, commensurate to his ability. I can't really call him competition for Lennon as he's not in the same league, but at least it would give pace to the team if Lennon was out injured.

To be honest, I always love it when they sub him on against us, because he really doesn't worry me at all.

Walcott is and always has been brick. He is incredibly fast, but that is it. He has no football brain, and is pretty poor technically. I could consider him as an option off the bench provided he doesn't cost us any money and is on sensible wages, commensurate to his ability. I can't really call him competition for Lennon as he's not in the same league, but at least it would give pace to the team if Lennon was out injured.

To be honest, I always love it when they sub him on against us, because he really doesn't worry me at all.

He can run fast but then again so could Forrest Gump...

Got given two tickets for Arsenals end of season party, does anyone know who might want them as I cant get Monday off work.

Does anyone remember in the 90s when Spurs released a new kit and projected an image of it on Highbury?

I wish I had a pic of that.

Tottenham Dave

Does anyone remember in the 90s when Spurs released a new kit and projected an image of it on Highbury?

Did that go ahead? I thought it was planned but never happened.

Tottenham Dave

Did that go ahead? I thought it was planned but never happened.

Yeah there was a photo of it on the back page of the Mirror.

Apparently Arsenal (the club) thought it was pretty funny, but the Goon fans were doing their nuts about it!

Spending about 10 seconds on Google gave me this:

back8.jpg

http://archive.mehstg.com/back8.htm

'Tottenham's new kit sponsors are planning a cheeky publicity stunt that looks set to outrage fans of North London rivals Arsenal. Adidas, who projected an image of Tim Henman on the House of Commons on the day he met world No 1 Pete Sampras in the Wimbledon semi-final, are planning a similar stunt on the eve of the launch of the new Spurs kit - projecting an image onto their rivals' Highbury stadium! If the plan goes ahead police fear there could be a backlash from angry Gunners fans.'

http://www.arseweb.org/www/newsreel/t8i138.html

Adrian Durham has just announced on Talkbrick that some agent or other has revealed that Wenger will let Walcott go for 4 million in the summer.

Think Walcott could be in for a rude awakening when he sees what other offers he gets, but with a bit of luck he'll see Liverpool throwing money his way.

4 million? That's actually a bargain then - I think playing at a lower-pressure club where he can star would be great for him. Maybe a Swansea or Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland. Liverpool might also be tempted because of Kuyt/Maxi's age.

In fairness to him, he's been quite productive for a young winger, as have plenty of not-so-technically gifted wide players *coughKuytcough*. But he seems especially incongruent with Arsenal's playing style. A MON team would probably make better use of him.

Where would Walcott go? Liverpool the only club that comes to mind.

I remember the debates I used to have with colleagues about who is better Lennon or Walcott and was told how Berbatov is the only player we had that would get in their squad.

I think Van Persie is now the only player who would start for us. What goes around comes around...

Back