• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

ArsenalÔÇÖs defeat to AC Milan means that they have fallen to 11th in the Euro Club Index ranking and are now ranked below Tottenham for the first time since the index started in 2007. The index is based on match results over recent seasons but with greater weighting to more recent matches and claims to be the best scientific ranking of all football clubs in the top flight leagues of UEFA countries.

euroclubindex.jpg

euroclubindex.com

How the hell are Liverpool 15th? Their not even in the top 6 in England.

What a pleasure to have breakfast with a side order of Arsenal misery all over the headlines. There's even a dash of Chelskkki woe for good measure. Must say Szczeszcnznyncyzzy has good taste in bong water.

It's interesting to see the shrill, brittle reactions of these fans - and Liverpool's - to extended periods of difficulty. They can't handle it. It's all about winning or they're diving down the well. We're a far more grounded group who cope far better with the game's twists and turns.

What a pleasure to have breakfast with a side order of Arsenal misery all over the headlines. There's even a dash of Chelskkki woe for good measure. Must say Szczeszcnznyncyzzy has good taste in bong water.

It's interesting to see the shrill, brittle reactions of these fans - and Liverpool's - to extended periods of difficulty. They can't handle it. It's all about winning or they're diving down the well. We're a far more grounded group who cope far better with the game's twists and turns.

Arsenal haven't finished lower than 4th in more than 15 years, so this is new to them and they can't handle it. Liverpool fans in the South only chose them because they were winning trophies, they must be thinking hang on, this wasn't part of the deal.

Adrian Durham on talksport: "Arteta isn't a poor mans Fabregas, he's a below the poverty line Fabregas."

Durham is a prick most of the time, but =D>

Who's midfield is better, Liverpool's or Arsenal's? I was convinced Arsenal had a far better midfield until last night.

Depends, when that little prick Whilshire is back, I'd probably say them still. A core of Wheelchair, Arteta and Song is good. Chamberlain looks pretty useful but Rosicky and Walcott are complete pants. Whichever way you look at it though, even at full strength, their midfield isn't a patch on ours... Just hope our boys keep their heads in the derby.

just have a good chuckle in the intervening period
you know it will make you feel better........

What Mick says. They look done to me.

A Scum in crisis thread is in order. The Mackems will end their season at the weekend (no way this Scum team will win two in a week at the Stadium of brick).

Chelsea, or even Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get 4th.

I still wouldnt laugh at Arse - you never know. Obviously the chances are we will finish above them and finish third BUT you just never ever know.

I think its all about the game at the emirates. If we get at least a draw, we'll be fine.

Thats the game and the Utd one. These are games that we could easily lose. Hell - we even have to play Chelscum away. Being a better team doesnt necessarily mean we will win.

Arsene Wenger ready to dump Arsenal flops after San Siro Champions League humiliation

Ars?¿ne Wenger is ready to launch a major summer clear-out of his failing Arsenal squad after Wednesday night’s 4-0 humiliation against AC Milan.

Wenger was genuinely shocked by Wednesday’s match and, having publicly savaged the performance of his team, it is understood that there was also a 'clear the air’ meeting at Arsenal’s training ground on Thursday.

According to one source, Wenger was furious and vented his anger directly at the players for a performance that he regards as the worst in Europe during his entire 15 years as Arsenal manager.

There was a general acceptance among the squad that Wenger’s criticisms were justified.

Several prominent first-team members are now playing for their future, including Theo Walcott, Tomas Rosicky and Andrei Arshavin, whose contracts expire over the next 18 months but have yet to secure new deals.

Arsenal will also consider offers for Marouane Chamakh and S?®bastien Squillaci, who have barely featured this season, while other fringe players, such as Nicklas Bendtner, Carlos Vela, Denilson and Manuel Almunia, are finally expected to be sold.

The club’s half-yearly accounts will be published this month and, following the sales last summer of Cesc F?ábregas, Samir Nasri and Ga?½l Clichy, a likely profit of ?ú55 million is set to prompt disquiet among fans.

Wenger, though, was frustrated in January by the unavailability of his main targets and preferred to keep his budget intact.

He is still tracking Cologne’s Lukas Podolski, Borussia Dortmund’s Mario G?Âtze and the Lille playmaker Eden Hazard, but knows that Arsenal would have little hope of competing for such sought-after players if they do fail to reach next season’s Champions League.

Even if they do remain in the Premier League’s top four, Arsenal also face the threat of being outbid by richer rivals.

Wednesday’s defeat was hardly an enticing advert for potential signings and will also only reduce the chances of persuading Robin van Persie to extend his contract beyond 2013.

Van Persie, the Arsenal captain, was said to be forlorn in the dressing-room after the match.

Yet while Arsenal are keen to open negotiations with Van Persie, the lack of decisive progress on Walcott, Arshavin and Rosicky suggests an uncertainty on all sides.

Preliminary talks have been held with representatives of Walcott but there is a growing sense that final decisions will be made at the end of the season.

Arshavin is the subject of interest from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala. With the transfer window in Russia open until Feb 24, he could even leave in the next week.

Rosicky’s representatives have held talks with Wenger and, although the Czech Republic captain was anonymous on Wednesday, he has been among Arsenal’s better recent performers. The expectation is that he will be offered a new one-year deal.

Wenger’s own position also remains a subject of growing conjecture among the supporters.

The Frenchman has regularly stressed that he will honour a contract which expires in 2014, although he would consider his position if he felt that he was underperforming.

Support from the Arsenal board remains solid and Wenger’s position is not regarded as contingent on finishing in the Premier League’s top four.

There remains sympathy from Stan Kroenke, the club’s majority owner, and the other directors at the difficult job Wenger faced this season following the sale of key players.

The hope is that he can secure fourth in the Premier League and then rebuild this summer with additions of a comparable quality to F?ábregas and Nasri.

It is felt that Arsenal do still have at least the core of a competitive squad in Jack Wheelchair, Wojciech Szczesny, Laurent Koscielny, Thomas Vermaelen, Bacary Sagna, Alex Song, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs, Van Persie, Walcott and Gervinho.

Emmanuel Petit, who helped Arsenal win the double in 1998, yesterday urged Wenger to get ruthless with serial underperformers. “I asked myself what has become of the team that I knew,” he said.

“It’s worse than I thought. It’s a gulf which is confirmed weekend after weekend.

“In midfield, there isn’t anything now, the defence is constantly under construction. It’s fortunate that Van Persie is up front.

“Certain young players haven’t done enough to justify the confidence that Ars?¿ne has in them. Walcott – somehow he’s going to have to reach the next stage. It’s been years that he’s been at the same level.

“Aaron Ramsey, against Milan, I got the impression it was his twin brother on the pitch. In the way they behave, in their body language, we see they’re not there anymore.

“You have to send out a strong signal. You have to say to Arshavin, and to Rosicky: 'Gentlemen, thank you, but goodbye’. And soon.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/article9087929.ece

if arsenal have a run of unfavourable results over the next 5 or 6 games (which i doubt will be the case anyway) i believe wenger will be given a vote of confidence.

i dont think we will but if we beat them in the next premier league game i think the fans of arsenal will go mad

Ars?¿ne Wenger stuns Arsenal squad with furious training-ground tirade

• Players claim dressing-down was unprecedented in its fury
• Wenger was publicly critical of players following Milan defeat

David Hytner
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 16 February 2012 18.00 EST

Ars?¿ne Wenger unleashed a tirade at his Arsenal players on Thursday which startled some of them in its severity, as he sought to refocus minds following the club's Champions League humiliation at Milan.

The manager bolted shut the doors of the dressing room at the training ground before the squad's warm-down session to turn the air blue. Having repeatedly employed the carrot, this represented the use of a large stick and the players could not remember seeing him so incensed.

Wenger had been quiet in the dressing room at San Siro after the 4-0 last-16 first-leg defeat, which has all but pressed the club out of Europe's elite competition for another season. It was their heaviest loss in Europe. Wenger prefers to analyse matches with a cool head and not deliver assessments in the heat of the moment but, after the early-morning return to Luton airport and a little sleep, his anger had not abated.

He had given the players a taste of what was to come in his post-match press conference, when he was unusually critical of their efforts, describing the result and performance as a "disaster". "We were punished and deservedly so," he said. "I felt we were never in the game, we were very poor offensively and defensively. It was shocking to see how we were beaten everywhere."

Wenger has run the gamut of emotions during a turbulent season but the Milan reverse was too much to take. He must hope that his outpouring can galvanise the team ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fifth-round tie at Sunderland, when Arsenal's last hope of winning a first trophy since 2005 will be at stake. The priority, though, is to finish fourth in the Premier League and qualify for next season's Champions League.

Wenger is expected to be without Laurent Koscielny, after the defender injured a knee at San Siro, and Thierry Henry has said his goodbyes at the end of his loan spell from the New York Red Bulls. Wenger will make changes to his starting lineup at the Stadium of Light and he is considering whether to rest the captain, Robin van Persie.

The forward Gervinho is in line to return after the Africa Cup of Nations, where he missed the decisive penalty for Ivory Coast in their shoot-out defeat by Zambia in the final.

The mood in the Arsenal dressing room remained dark. "We're really disappointed," Mikel Arteta said. "You fight for fourth place to play in games like this. We were all waiting for a game like this, against a great team in a great stadium, but you go down 4-0 and it's a difficult one to take.

"We were counterattacked too many times, playing away from home. We can't allow that to happen, and that was the key. They scored three goals on counterattacks. It's very, very disappointing, it's difficult to take and we have to change our minds because we have another tough game on Saturday."

Back