• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Arsène Wenger has confirmed his intention to add further to his Arsenal squad ahead of the new Premier League campaign in what is likely to prove an attempt to offset the departure of the unsettled striker Robin van Persie.

The London club have already recruited the international forwards Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski this summer and are set to secure the Spain winger Santi Cazorla from Málaga for around £15.6m. Wenger has pointed to the return of Abou Diaby and Jack Wheelchair in central midfield after long-term injury problems as cause for optimism, although further recruitment now appears inevitable given the anticipated sale of Van Persie.

Wenger, speaking in Beijing where Arsenal will play Emirates Marketing Project on Friday as part of the clubs' pre-season tours, was reluctant to identify targets. "You see I have come here to say as little as possible," he told a press conference.

"I am ready to talk a lot, but not a lot about transfers, because it is a very fragile subject and a very secret subject. We bought Giroud and Podolski and I hope that we 'bought' Diaby and Wheelchair too, who didn't play at all last season. We will add Wheelchair to the squad as soon as possible. But we are not at the end of it [transfers]. We will still bring players in."

Van Persie, who is intent upon leaving the Emirates stadium having entered the final 12 months of his contract and cited differences with the hierarchy over the future, remains at London Colney in training with Arsenal having already rejected bids they deemed inadequate from the Premier League champions, Manchester United and Juventus for his services.

The Italian club have since been back in contact to indicate they could yet meet the London club's £20m asking price, as well as offering Van Persie around £190,000 a week after tax. "There is nothing to elaborate," said Wenger. "The options are clear: we want to keep our players. I would be happy for him to stay in the English Premier League – at Arsenal."

The pursuit of Cazorla, an attacker who plays wide and would allow either Podolski or Giroud to feature centrally, suggests the club are already planning for life without the Dutchman. Málaga remain in financial difficulty – they could yet be relegated to Segunda División B and denied entry into the Champions League if they do not pay outstanding debts – and will effectively be forced to sell, with the player apparently eager to move to London having agreed terms in principle with Arsenal.

Wenger is still expected to sell Andriy Arshavin – clubs in the middle east have expressed an interest in the Russia international, who ended last season on loan at Zenit St Petersburg – and may succeed in off-loading the Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner to Galatasaray.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/25/arsene-wenger-arsenal-robin-van-persie

Arsenal have given the strongest hint yet that they are prepared to sell Robin van Persie after omitting to designate a squad number to Lukas Podolski, their new £11 million signing from Cologne.

Van Persie was again listed as No 10 in the list and, despite allocating numbers for the rest of the Arsenal squad, the club said that the shirt number of Podolski, who is also a striker, was “yet to be confirmed”.

The Germany international wears the No 10 shirt for his country and had it allocated to him at Cologne, too.

when has the FA been objective? they just dislike this fella frimpong alot to want to charge him.
Just more fairy horsebrick , that means bugger all , there are much bigger fish to fry ... A guy wishes he breaks his limbs . Pretty fukkin low really .you can't say that to a player , even if he is a gooner brick . Im anti goon , as an organisation but to wish one of your family broken legs if you were presented with that you'd be enraged ... It's all about nutmegging vermalen at the lane and scoring the winner .... The blokes in afghanistan lose limbs for us , don't be a prick and wish that on anyone ...

So the RVP situation of city being very keen is forcing thru Ade , is therevany fresh intel on Emirates Marketing Project relinquishing the 6 m fee just to get him off the books .

Wherever he ends up, you know we're gonna get years and years of tossfest interviews (a la Henry) about how Wenger was "like a Fazzer to me" and "ArseAnal are in my blood..." and "ze fans were special..."

they all fudging do it... I think it's part of their severance contract that they must bang on about how great the ****y little poxy brick club are...

and we get Kranjcar bitching about his time here, (and there will eb more, mark my words) whilst the likes of Berbatov/Modric refuse to play until their wish to leave is granted!

Classy Spurs... real classy!

For all their "loyalty" and "love" now, Henry and Vieira both gave several years of flirting with summer moves. They stayed and Wenger seemed to let them go on his terms. But even when playing on a successful side (e.g. the "invincibles apart from the six losses" side in 2004) they were messing with the loyal fans, the club and manager they now love.

Robin van Persie has allegedly signed a contract with Juventus, and the clubs just have to agree a fee before he officially leaves Arsenal.

In a shock interview, FIFA agent Fabio Parisi claims “Juventus have had a signed contract with Robin Van Persie for some time locked in a desk.”

“I think Juventus have had a signed contract with Van Persie for some time locked away in a notary’s desk,” FIFA agent Parisi told Sportitalia television.

“It is just my opinion, but I think there’s an eight out of 10 chance the Dutchman will join the Bianconeri.

“Juventus want to win and he is considered the ideal addition to achieve that. I don’t think Edin Dzeko is the right player for the Bianconeri.”

http://freshfootball.co.uk/#/blog/4560568303/van-Persie-has-signed-Juve-contract/3113552

Emmanuel Frimpong has been fined £6,000 by the Football Association after he admitted to a charge of improper conduct.

He leaves when he wants, he leaves when he wants, Robin Van Persie he leaves when he wants

Agent claims Van Persie deal is done
August 2, 2012
Email Print
By ESPN staff
An agent has made the claim that Juventus have already sealed a deal to sign Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

Netherlands forward Van Persie told Arsenal last month that he had no desire to sign a new contract, which has prompted a transfer frenzy.

Juventus have been in the chase, along with Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United, but Van Persie remains an Arsenal player as the club mull over their options.

Should Arsenal sell, it is believed that their preferred option would be to let him go abroad. There would appear to be a strong likelihood of that happening, if Fabio Parisi is to be believed.

Parisi has no connection with the deal - he represents Tayo Taiwo - but claims that a contract is already under lock and key.

"I think Juventus have had a signed contract with Van Persie for some time locked away in a notary's desk," Parisi is quoted as saying in the Italian media.

"It is just my opinion but I think there is an eight out of ten chance the Dutchman will join the Bianconeri.

"Juventus want to win and he is considered the ideal addition to achieve that."

Juventus are buying great players. Lucio is still a solid defender, they now have Full ownership of Giovinco who absolutely ripped apart the league last season. Co-Ownership of Asamoah and Isler now too who are both solid young players.

Back