• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

The 'buy all the players' clubs (City, United, Chelsea) have been going backwards massively, whilst the same team as last season +1 clubs (us, Leciester and Arsenal) have been succeeding.

So this is a trend that we are only seeing in English football, this is the only season that it has been evident and there are other, perfectly reasonable explanations as to why the big spending clubs have dropped away this year but we shall ignore all of that, so that your theory stands up?

Last edited:
So this is a trend that we are only seeing in English football, this is the only season that it has been evident and there are other, perfectly reasonable explanations as to why the big spending clubs have dropped away this year but we shall ignore all of that, so that your theory stands up?

Athletico and Dortmund have been prospering using the same model. Also the more successful midtable sides have been the ones focusing on systems (Southampton, Bournemouth, Swansea) rather than the buying players (Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa)

Athletico and Dortmund have been prospering using the same model. Also the more successful midtable sides have been the ones focusing on systems (Southampton, Bournemouth, Swansea) rather than the buying players (Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/atle...13/plus/0?saison_id=2014&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/atle...13/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

http://www.transfermarkt.com/boruss...16/plus/0?saison_id=2014&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

?

I really can not believe that there are fans who fail to see how important Eriksen is to our team. I know Stop! Hammer time but honestlyo_O

Seriously. On the bright side, Poch agrees with you, as is evidenced by the fact that he played more minutes than any outfield player besides Dier, Kane, and Alderweireld. He's fundamental to our team, and if anything, it would be great if we could find someone to help lighten his load next season. Next season, we should get more consistent performances from Son, Pritchard, and/or N'jie, which I think will help in that regard.

If we bring in any attackers, they'll have to be able to deputize at CF if Kane is out (i.e. one of the Dembeles, Berahino, etc). I love our AM group as they are, and I'd rather let them continue to gel together than mess with it too much.

Eriksen should not be sold if he doesn't want to leave. None of them should be.

This team is such unit that I can understand it if people don't see what any given individual brings. its not until they aren't playing you see the difference, as evidenced by when eriksen has missed a few games earlier and Harry has been rotated, dembelle injured etc.

With the exception of dembelle, who is a freak of nature, there isn't any player in our squad that you could say was the best in the world in their position, yet I wouldn't swop any of the first 11 for anyone. The team ethic, dynamic and camaraderie is irreplaceable.
Bonds have been forged that should not be lightly broken.
For all that it is constantly mentioned it is very easy to forget that this team is still very young and 2 3rds have still to reach their peak.

Seriously. On the bright side, Poch agrees with you, as is evidenced by the fact that he played more minutes than any outfield player besides Dier, Kane, and Alderweireld. He's fundamental to our team, and if anything, it would be great if we could find someone to help lighten his load next season. Next season, we should get more consistent performances from Son, Pritchard, and/or N'jie, which I think will help in that regard.

If we bring in any attackers, they'll have to be able to deputize at CF if Kane is out (i.e. one of the Dembeles, Berahino, etc). I love our AM group as they are, and I'd rather let them continue to gel together than mess with it too much.

If he can get his pressing game right, I firmly believe he can be great cover for Eriksen/any of our AM three next season. I'd agree, I wouldn't mess with that bunch otherwise. A couple of years down the line, if (fates willing) his progression continues and he stays, then we also have to think about providing a CAM spot for Marcus Edwards, not to mention Onomah (although I think Onomah might be better utilised in Dembele's role).

Reading Oscar could be leaving Chelsea, don't think they'd ever sell to us and if they did the price would prob be extortionate, but think he would fit in well for us? Seems to work hard enough when his hearts in it?

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 2h2 hours ago
#THFC following Michy Batshuayi closely notably thanks to ex-Marseille coach Bielsa who's been sending Pochettino reports & DVDs (L'Equipe)

That's....oddly specific. He also tweeted that we're after Lass Diarra (who's apparently available on a free) right after that.

Man, if we end up getting Diarra...shades of 'Arry in 2009-2010 just leap to mind. :D

Edit: The L'Equipe article he's referring to:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...d-et-rapports-sur-batshuayi/652333#xtor=RSS-1

Also, a surprisingly touching (and somewhat saddening) article about Diarra:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ance-international-defying-isis-a6736341.html

Last edited:
That's....oddly specific. He also tweeted that we're after Lass Diarra (who's apparently available on a free) right after that.

Man, if we end up getting Diarra...shades of 'Arry in 2009-2010 just leap to mind. :D

Edit: The L'Equipe article he's referring to:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...d-et-rapports-sur-batshuayi/652333#xtor=RSS-1

Also, a surprisingly touching (and somewhat saddening) article about Diarra:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ance-international-defying-isis-a6736341.html
Diarra would be an interesting one.... There were a couple of games this season where getting an experienced defensive midfield player on the pitch could've been advantageous to us - especially late in the game.... Stoke at home, Leicester away, Arsenal home and away. While he doesn't fit Pochettino's usual mould, he could be a valuable addition to the squad to add a bit of experience. What sort of contract did he sign in France? Is he on a free this Summer?

I find it interesting that Bielsa is said to be 'sending reports'....is he sending his reports from last season?
Or is he sending reports from what he is still compiling THIS season, even though he is no longer managing there? Is he stalking his old player lol?
Or perhaps he's been on our payroll as a scout lol?

Got to laugh:D

Perhaps it's filler in the article to beef it up alongside the more concrete details...

Diarra would be an interesting one.... There were a couple of games this season where getting an experienced defensive midfield player on the pitch could've been advantageous to us - especially late in the game.... Stoke at home, Leicester away, Arsenal home and away. While he doesn't fit Pochettino's usual mould, he could be a valuable addition to the squad to add a bit of experience. What sort of contract did he sign in France? Is he on a free this Summer?

He is a good player and would be a good back up for Dier, he has just turned 31 and plenty of experience over the years.

He is a good player and would be a good back up for Dier, he has just turned 31 and plenty of experience over the years.

Only problems are, he apparently refused to train in 2014 over a dispute with the Lokomotiv coach at the time (which led to the coach being sacked a few days later), and apparently was diagnosed with sickle-cell anemia while at Madrid. I'm sure the medical team will give the second one a thorough check-up, but the first is a bit concerning...although, having said that, Poch did sign Dani Osvaldo, so it isn't like he's a puritan when it comes to signing only quiet lads or something.

Only problems are, he apparently refused to train in 2014 over a dispute with the Lokomotiv coach at the time (which led to the coach being sacked a few days later), and apparently was diagnosed with sickle-cell anemia while at Madrid. I'm sure the medical team will give the second one a thorough check-up, but the first is a bit concerning...although, having said that, Poch did sign Dani Osvaldo, so it isn't like he's a puritan when it comes to signing only quiet lads or something.

I do remember reading about the sickle-cell problem but as you say the club will look into that I am sure. Refusing to train at Lokomotiv does not inspire confidence but as the coach was sacked soon after I am sure there was more to it then we know, and under Sherwood here there was reports of some players not being happy ( Jan for one), but we will never know the full story.

The thing is he is a good player and at his age he may be willing to come here as a squad player unlike some of the younger players who may want more then to be a back up to Dier.

The thing is he is a good player and at his age he may be willing to come here as a squad player unlike some of the younger players who may want more then to be a back up to Dier.

This is true. I think, unless we're looking to genuinely rotate a player into Dier's role full-time (with Dier dropping back into CB, which seems like a waste given the lack of spots there as long as Toby + Jan are fit), the player we buy as backup will have to be older and willing to ride the bench for a bit, as you say...or a player who can rotate to fill both the Dier and Dembele roles with ease, which would guarantee them a lot of time. Those players, however, tend to be expensive (Dahoud is an example).

I wouldn't wast an ounce of energy on what is obviously an agent trying to create interest in his client for a last pay day. Will probably end up in China or somewhere similar.

Back