• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

So who do we sign to improve our first XI?
I believe we should take the Man Utd way of doing it. That is to sign the best players from the teams around you. Thus weakening them whilst strengthening yourself.

So id like wither of Payet or Mahrez. We really need another goal scorer other than Kane and Alli. Maybe even Bojan or Atnautovic. Then another striker to back up Kane.

I believe we should take the Man Utd way of doing it. That is to sign the best players from the teams around you. Thus weakening them whilst strengthening yourself.

So id like wither of Payet or Mahrez. We really need another goal scorer other than Kane and Alli. Maybe even Bojan or Atnautovic. Then another striker to back up Kane.

Only problem is Man U could prize players with hefty fees and wages ... we unfortunately cannot

Maybe it wouldn't be first team straight away but I think Perez at Saudi Sportswashing Machine could be a good shout, especially if they go down...

So who do we sign to improve our first XI?

We don't. We sign more Allis, Diers, Wimmers and Njies to emerge through.

I read the other day that the top 3 only have 4 players combined in their starting 11 who weren't at the club last season (Kante, Alli, Alder and Cech). Stability and organic growth are triumphing over the disruption of parachuting in expensive big names

Pick off Rashforth, Fosu-Mensah and Matic to hammer home those clubs' decline?

So you think that this current crop of players can compete with the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern and Juve next season if we qualify fot the Champions League?

Actually do you think they can compete with Dortmund, Atletico, PSG, Napoli/Roma?

So you think that this current crop of players can compete with the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern and Juve next season if we qualify fot the Champions League?

Actually do you think they can compete with Dortmund, Atletico, PSG, Napoli/Roma?

I think that we are good enough to progress from the group stage in the Champions League.

Competing on equal terms with Barca, Real, Bayern and Juve seems like a slightly unrealistic expectation at this stage of our development and given the size of our club.

I think that it is also unrealistic to expect us to change our transfer strategy just because we have qualified for the Champions League for the second time in our history.

Well, we beat ManC away, something that PSG couldn't. We beat Fiorentina, a team that is not far off Napoli/Roma in the leauge table.

We're not going to win the CL on the 3rd time we've ever qualified for it!

Barca, Madrid, Athletico, Bayern and Dortmund are in a league of their own. The EPL has fallen back so much in the last 5 or so years that no English club is going to get close to them.

I think we could beat any team until we come across one of the big 5 (probably in the 1/4s final). The rest of the teams are no different in quality from EL sides.

I think that it is also unrealistic to expect us to change our transfer strategy just because we have qualified for the Champions League for the second time in our history.

3rd time.

There was also 1961-2 season, when we got to the semi finals

We want back up to Kane, that seems obvious. Also, the jury is slightly out on whether Bentaleb can fill the third CM spot (as in someone who can come in for Dier or Dembele). To buy we'd probably want to sell, and I'd guess that the most vulnerable are Fazio, Chadli, Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll, Yedlin? Then there will also be a few youngsters brought in for the future, and you never know we could find a Dier or Alli, who is ready for the first team.

Since it became a totally different competition I would have thought is what he meant

Absolutely. It's also very difficult to compare the game in the early sixties to what we have now, especially when talking about squads and the transfer market (which is what this thread is about).

Since it got devalued and crap?!
I think you are right.At that time, when it was called European Cup, only the champions from each leauge where allowed to participate. Nowadays is is more about money rather than being a champion.

I think we should wait to see if he has recovered properly. We were linked with Rodriguez from Southampton and he is not the layer he was before his injury.

Back