• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Jol asked about a link with Huddlestone on SSN just now. Didn't confirm or deny.

Good move for Tommy?

Huddlestone and Livermore both heading towards the exit door suggests good things about Moutinho.

Not really, our backup players are leaving on loan (probable) so we're not going to have 20m to spunk on a first team player.

Much more likely it'll be Holtby in earlier than initially intended.

Not really, our backup players are leaving on loan (probable) so we're not going to have 20m to spunk on a first team player.

Much more likely it'll be Holtby in earlier than initially intended.

I don't think Gutter Boy was referring to money being available. I think his point was more that we might be left a bit light in that position if no one was coming in.

I don't think Gutter Boy was referring to money being available. I think his point was more that we might be left a bit light in that position if no one was coming in.

Yeah.

We know the money is there because it's still there from Modric, and we were just about to IBAN it to Porto on 31 August when midnight struct Cinderella style.

Yeah.

We know the money is there because it's still there from Modric, and we were just about to IBAN it to Porto on 31 August when midnight struct Cinderella style.

Why?

We bought players. Last i checked we didn't make a 30m profit, so we spent most of the money that came in from the Modric transfer.

Why?

We bought players. Last i checked we didn't make a 30m profit, so we spent most of the money that came in from the Modric transfer.

We don't just make money by selling players!

Fact remains that we came within a whisker of shelling out £22 million odd for Moutinho on 31st August. no reason, therefore, why that money shouldn't still be available.

We don't just make money by selling players!

Fact remains that we came within a whisker of shelling out £22 million odd for Moutinho on 31st August. no reason, therefore, why that money shouldn't still be available.

No we don't just make money selling players. That's a silly thing to say. We don't make enough money to have a 10-15m net spend either though. Which is what will be happening with Moutinho.

Just can't see it happening this jan. If we are in a Champions League position come the end of the season, i think that Moutinho will be AVB's reward in the summer.

No we don't just make money selling players. That's a silly thing to say. We don't make enough money to have a 10-15m net spend either though. Which is what will be happening with Moutinho.

Just can't see it happening this jan. If we are in a Champions League position come the end of the season, i think that Moutinho will be AVB's reward in the summer.

We made a net profit in the 3 windows previous to this summer I think. We have spent money on the training ground and stadium planning of course, so difficult to estimate just how much we have available.

I don't think giving AVB a 10-15m net spend for his first season at the club is unreasonable though.

If a good deal can be made I think it will happen. I'm not sure that is very likely though, but more because of the interests of the clubs we're negotiating with.

We made a net profit in the 3 windows previous to this summer I think. We have spent money on the training ground and stadium planning of course, so difficult to estimate just how much we have available.

I don't think giving AVB a 10-15m net spend for his first season at the club is unreasonable though.

If a good deal can be made I think it will happen. I'm not sure that is very likely though, but more because of the interests of the clubs we're negotiating with.

If we don't have the money, then yes it is unreasonable. Though as you say it's difficult to know with the training ground and stadium.

If we don't have the money, then yes it is unreasonable.

Very difficult to argue with that :D

It's not a clear cut case of either having or not having the money though. Different forms of financing, different ways to structure deals etc. That's why we've never really had a strict transfer budget under Levy from what I can understand.

Just saying that I can see it happening.

Very difficult to argue with that :D

It's not a clear cut case of either having or not having the money though. Different forms of financing, different ways to structure deals etc. That's why we've never really had a strict transfer budget under Levy from what I can understand.

Just saying that I can see it happening.

Oh i know there are different ways to go about freeing up the money, i just consider that a dangerous road to go down.

If say, we'd have given AVB 10-15m net spend to make, and he'd not done well enough do we then give the next manager a 10-15m net spend?

And what then if he doesn't do well enough?

It starts to get messy.

Prudence seems to be the way that Levy runs spurs, and i can't say it's one i disagree with. It will occasionally hold us back a bit, but in the long run it makes sense.

Last edited:
Cutting down on the short term buys will save us money long term, ie. there's little point in signing someone to be a backup player and end up with more Jenases and Bentleys. This is why I don't think there will be a lot of business in this or windows in the close future. We're only lacking a few top signings, but they're really difficult to get. Anything else will be younger talent. Personality and desire is just as important as skills in the squad we're building.

Cutting down on the short term buys will save us money long term, ie. there's little point in signing someone to be a backup player and end up with more Jenases and Bentleys. This is why I don't think there will be a lot of business in this or windows in the close future. We're only lacking a few top signings, but they're really difficult to get. Anything else will be younger talent. Personality and desire is just as important as skills in the squad we're building.

I think that is key. Dembele and Dempsey and The Sigg epitomise the desire. They are hard working guys as well as being talented. They are the sort we want..no more Bentleys, thank you.

Why do you believe that?

We've made operating profits on normal trading of £20-30 million in a number of previous years.

Oh i know there are different ways to go about freeing up the money, i just consider that a dangerous road to go down.

If say, we'd have given AVB 10-15m net spend to make, and he'd not done well enough do we then give the next manager a 10-15m net spend?

And what then if he doesn't do well enough?

It starts to get messy.

Prudence seems to be the way that Levy runs spurs, and i can't say it's one i disagree with. It will occasionally hold us back a bit, but in the long run it makes sense.

I very much doubt that the formula (to the extent that there is one) is predicated on a budget given incoming managers.

It will be based on the players and their value to the club - both currently and in the future and both as a player and as an asset to sell.

Yeah.

Call me a cynic but why didn't we offer that on 30th even 25th of August? Levy had no intention whatsoever of buying moutinho hence why we're not spending anything this window! Same people who believe this moutinho malarkey no doubt believe we made those 37mill bids for aguero and Rossi or whoever it was meant to of been.

Back