• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Missing out on a minimum of £775,000 is a major funding blow?

For the likes of Reading, Blackburn and Crystal Palace.........yes, I'd say that £775K is a fair wedge.

Great that we've attained Category One status, though. Very important that we did so. And not for the funding. Rather, for all the other benefits of having a Category One Academy.

I know, from earlier discussions in this thread, that a number on here were worried (convinced, even) that we wouldn't get the highest rating because we don't offer on site accommodation. I was always pretty sure that that was never a requirement.

Last edited:
Awfully scary article in the Standard this afternoon about Pritchard considering his options and Liverpool, with Inglethorpe, ready to snap him up?

Would be really annoyed if we let this happen.

Awfully scary article in the Standard this afternoon about Pritchard considering his options and Liverpool, with Inglethorpe, ready to snap him up?

Would be really annoyed if we let this happen.

Yep. Was just about to post it. I wouldn't say it was scary because we've known for a while that there's a chance he could leave. This article merely acknowledges that fact. Still suggests that Pritchard is undecided, which at least offers some hope:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...nap-up-tottenhams-alex-pritchard-8467157.html

Liverpool could snap up Tottenham's Alex Pritchard

Tom Collomosse
25 January 2013

Tottenham face a fight to hang on to talented youngster Alex Pritchard, who is the subject of interest from Liverpool.

Pritchard has caught the eye in Spurs’ development matches this year, notably in their remarkable 4-1 win at Barcelona in the NextGen Series, but has yet to break into Andre Villas-Boas’ first-team squad.

Pritchard turns 20 in May and with his contract running down, the attacking midfielder is weighing up his options. Alex Inglethorpe, who coached Spurs’ junior sides during six years at White Hart Lane, is now reserve team coach at Liverpool and retains an interest in Pritchard.

Pritchard will be offered a new deal but Standard Sport understands he is undecided about his future. Should he choose to leave, Spurs would be entitled to compensation because they have developed the player.

If the clubs could not agree on a fee, an independent tribunal would determine the sum for Pritchard. Meanwhile, Villas-Boas is reluctant to allow youngsters Andros Townsend and Tom Carroll to leave on loan this month and the pair could be involved in Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round tie at Leeds.

On the itk thread, there's a post by rebrab claiming that Pritchard is currently negotiating a 3.5 year deal with Spurs.

Let's hope so.

Evening Standard said:
Pritchard will be offered a new deal but Standard Sport understands he is undecided about his future. Should he choose to leave, Spurs would be entitled to compensation because they have developed the player.

If the clubs could not agree on a fee, an independent tribunal would determine the sum for Pritchard

But if the compensation looks like being too high maybe he'll go abroad for 6 months, somewhere like Liege for instance, before signing for Liverpool!?

Rodgers played Sterling and Wisdom at a young age, maybe we should play Pritchard here and there, just to convince him we are serious about him.

I know we can't afford to lose points on the basis of one kid, but we could make room on the bench and bring him on for 2 mins when we're winning, build it up to 10 mins, convince him we love him etc.

Rodgers played Sterling and Wisdom at a young age, maybe we should play Pritchard here and there, just to convince him we are serious about him.

I know we can't afford to lose points on the basis of one kid, but we could make room on the bench and bring him on for 2 mins when we're winning, build it up to 10 mins, convince him we love him etc.

a whole 10 mins?

Last edited:
Adam Smith continuing to get very favourable reviews from Millwall fans. They're desperate to keep him for the remainder of the season.

Had another good game against Villa tonight, apparently.

Assist aswell I believe?

'But Villa buckled in the closing stages, Marquis heading an Adam Smith cross onto the bar before pouncing on the rebound to nod the ball into an empty net for his first goal since August 2011.'

Sounds like it.

Our U-21 Team vs Southampton: Miles, Fredericks, Gallifuoco, Veljkovic, Barthram; Luongo, Mason, Pritchard, Parrett, Ceballos & Coulthirst

Spurs U21s v Southampton

Miles, Fredericks, Gallifuoco, Veljkovic, Barthram; Luongo, Mason, Pritchard, Parrett, Ceballos & Coulthirst

15 mins GOAL 1-0 SPURS. A fantastic goal, Parrret wins possession in midfield, releases Ceballos who crosses for Coulthirst to head home.

Back