• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

So hope Smith makes it with us, but it's going to be difficult for him.

I suppose, only in that it is hard to break into a top team in the Premiership. I see him following a similar path to Rose, Walker, and Naughton and capping off a successful Championship loan with a successful Prem loan next year. We obviously need two quality right backs at the club, and by that point, I could easily see Naughton or Walker (probably Naughton, tbh) moving on by then. Seems highly promising.

Yep I like Smith, but I think Naughton now will stay, but I'm no clairvoyant, that's for sure :)

What i would like to happen is that in the summer rose comes back so we start next season with rose and ekotto at left back and walker and naughton at right back while smith gets a loan in the prem with say palace. Then at the end of the 2013/2014 season we can sell one of walker or naughton i would think naughton and use that money in other areas.

This is another plus side to producing your own players not only does it save you money but it can make you money, money that can be used to improve other areeas of the team.

It must feel really weird to play in an empty stadium like that.. :eek:

Anyone know how Bentley's loan is getting on?

Kane starts for Norwich today

BBC says
Despite a willing display from on-loan Tottenham teenager Harry Kane, they lacked punch and presence up front and West Ham cleverly stifled the main creative threat from the ever-lively Wes Hoolahan.
Kane appealed hopefully for a penalty after tumbling when racing through on goal.

Subbed on 70.

BBC says
Despite a willing display from on-loan Tottenham teenager Harry Kane, they lacked punch and presence up front and West Ham cleverly stifled the main creative threat from the ever-lively Wes Hoolahan.
Kane appealed hopefully for a penalty after tumbling when racing through on goal.

Subbed on 70.

Good to see him get some game time and do well. PL loans can swing both ways, if the player doesn't perform then he just ends up being on the bench for a different team and that's no good.

Hopefully he'll get a goal sooner rather than later, could do him a lot of good I think.

Good to see him get some game time and do well. PL loans can swing both ways, if the player doesn't perform then he just ends up being on the bench for a different team and that's no good.

Hopefully he'll get a goal sooner rather than later, could do him a lot of good I think.

yeah a goal will be all the difference for him, he has started his other loan spells slowly but as soon as he got a goal it took off for him

SPURS LOAN WATCH

Adam Smith smashed home a spectacular winner as Millwall beat Bristol City on New Year's Day.

The full-back volleyed home in the 75th minute as the Lions came from 1-0 down to beat the Robins 2-1 in the Championship.

It was an eventful festive period for the England Under-21 international, who was sent off against Barnsley on December 22, only for the card to be rescinded. He then played in a 1-0 loss against leaders Cardiff on December 29th before his New Year's Day special at the New Den.

Harry Kane made his first start in the Premier League as Norwich City suffered a 2-1 loss at West Ham on New Year's Day.

It was a tough afternoon for the young striker as the Canaries went 2-0 down at Upton Park. Harry was denied a penalty after an incident in the box with James Tomkins before being substituted in the 70th minute.

Back from injury, Harry returned to first team action as a half-time substitute in the 4-3 loss against Emirates Marketing Project at Carrow Road on December 29.

Danny Rose enjoyed a productive festive period with Sunderland. The full-back started the wins against Southampton and City, and was ineligible as part of his loan as we beat the Black Cats at the Stadium of Light on December 29.

In League One, Nathan Byrne returned to action after injury as a late substitute in Crawley's 3-0 win against Colchester on New Year's Day.

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Jordan Archer played in all three of Wycombe's matches over the festive period in League Two, a 4-0 loss at Cheltenham on Boxing Day followed by a win at Plymouth and then a 1-0 defeat at home to Exeter on New Year's Day.

From what I've seen:

Sunderland fans love Danny Rose. Their player of the season thus far. They would perform cartwheels and emit girlie squeals of joy if they could sign him on a permanent deal.

Millwall fans love Adam Smith. Think he's pure class. Are very fearful that we will recall him or, more likely, loan him to a Premier League club when his current loan deal expires at the end of this month.

Norwich fans would drive Harry Kane back to London if they could.

I haven't seen any negativity towards Kane at Norwich. He came on for a 15 minute spell and did well about 3 months ago and has been injured since, it would be fairly silly for them to be writing him off. Anyone see how he did against West Ham?

Back