• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

3-0 to Spurs

Townsend crosses from the left, it hits Donacien & is going towards goal but Coulibaly makes sure for 0-3

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS

Villa just can't cope with Townsend - he has been electric. Linked well with Falque too.

Delighted for Andros - he can be a key player for us this season, giving vital wing cover.

Still thing we need to add a top class player asap who can either play out wide or in the VdV role. Townsend has potential but if we want top 4 then there is no room for sentiment

I have liked townsend since he did that cameo against charlton in the cup. Think he has real potential shame he is english though or he would be rated higher.

I have liked townsend since he did that cameo against charlton in the cup. Think he has real potential shame he is english though or he would be rated higher.

Remember that game well. He played well up at Carlisle in September too, but then had that below-par 45mins in the EL and seemed to fall out of favour for a while.
I'm hoping yesterday gets him back in the frame. Maybe a couple of late sub apps over Xmas and maybe a start v Coventry City in the Cup?

We really need to get him a good loan. With his cameos this season and him doing well for the reserve / U21 team a loan to a 4-3-3 team like Swansea would work well. Maybe with the links we have from the Caulker loan it could work out.

Yep i hope he gets a chance against coventry in cup, i would have played him and smith in every europa league and league cup game and i think then they would almost be ready to come in for league games.

I agree sandman a team that plays in avb's prefered style is the best bet because it allows him to get used to it, i feel up to now he has been always a traditional winger. Which is why he may have come inside at the end against swansea when i felt he should have gone more to the wing on that occasion.

Really like the look of townsend and have said before i think he looks exactly the same as young did at watford. Think he can only get better.

With the likes of him and smith who i think can be first team players and then livermore and carroll and maybe kane who are at least squad players i am impressed with how we have improved in producing our own players.

Thought i would add something interesting i read in a local paper. It was an interview with gus poyet where he was moaning about brightons youth players saying how they were not up to standard and the problem was that all the players they had in the youth set up were from the same town.

Rather interesting though not thankfully picked up on by the national papers he actually said that they had to many players who were all the "same colour" and from the same town and they needed to get players in from abroad and also bigger players.

Brighton had just lost to stoke and got out fought(no suprise there then considering it was stoke) and he said that though they wanted technical players they needed players who were fit and also big and strong because that was part of the game these days.

I found the thing about him mentioning colour odd because he got into trouble locally for getting into the whole suraez thing but also i thought youth teams were about skill and talent and not physical ability. Never thought poyet would be like that it took me by suprise.

Also found it odd that the manager of a championship team should talk about getting players from abroad for their academy. I thought the whole point about giving academy status to clubs was so they produced players more. He said that if you get a player in from italy or spain at 15 they will be more skillful. Im reading this and thinking should that not mean that you need to do more with the players at a younger age.

Think it a shame a club goes down the uick fix route especailly when it a championship side. Ought to add my mate who is a brighton season ticket holdeer and who i am going with tomorrow night to watch them against Millwall just told me they have a Brazilan lad in their academy now, so it has begun.

Norwich boss Chris Hughton hopes on-loan Tottenham forward Harry Kane could return to action soon after impressing in rehabilitation with a broken metatarsal.

The England U-19 international had made just three appearances for the

Canaries when he hobbled out of a Capital One Cup tie against Doncaster in September with a foot injury.

Kane is now stepping up his rehabilitation after returning from treatment at White Hart Lane and could be available for the Boxing Day visit of Chelsea and a home clash with Emirates Marketing Project.

Hughton said: "Harry has completed about five days training in total, four of them with Tottenham. He is at the stage now where he has to keep developing his fitness.

"We have to determine over this next week or so when he is available for games. I think he has done a lot of good rehab, which is good news for us.

"I feel for the lad because he came here with a real spring in his step.

"The good thing is he is young and the type of injury he had, he will make a full recovery from, possibly for Christmas, but it is too soon to assess yet. He needs a week's training."

Norwich will be desperate to bounce back from the 4-1 midweek Capital One Cup quarter-final defeat at home to Aston Villa and former boss Paul Lambert when Wigan head to Norfolk on Saturday.

Now targeting a fifth successive league win, Hughton added: "It wasn't difficult to pick them up because we are on a good run at the minute.

"We had managed to get ourselves into the quarter-finals of the cup competition and were probably just beaten on the day by a more clinical side.

"We have done well. I can't fault the endeavours of the lads, but it wasn't to be. We have to get back to basics and continue the league form."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8330287?

Great news! Kane will be an EPL player at least IMO and at best could be another Teddy. He is very clever player for one so young.
OK, I can see the logic of this loan but IMO I would have liked him on our bench.
Then again I would have liked to win the lottery so let's hope he can get fit and get half a dozen goals for the Canaries. You have gotta like Chris-he is a decent bloke but leaving Spurs was best all round but he was an all time terrific player for us.

Yep i hope he gets a chance against coventry in cup, i would have played him and smith in every europa league and league cup game and i think then they would almost be ready to come in for league games.

I agree sandman a team that plays in avb's prefered style is the best bet because it allows him to get used to it, i feel up to now he has been always a traditional winger. Which is why he may have come inside at the end against swansea when i felt he should have gone more to the wing on that occasion.

Really like the look of townsend and have said before i think he looks exactly the same as young did at watford. Think he can only get better.

With the likes of him and smith who i think can be first team players and then livermore and carroll and maybe kane who are at least squad players i am impressed with how we have improved in producing our own players.

I had the right hump with Townsend for laziness a coupla games ago..but I can't remember about that now. I have loved watching him in the Championship. Maybe he can make it for us..again with Carroll I am hopeful..but Smith..100%.

I had the right hump with Townsend for laziness a coupla games ago..but I can't remember about that now. I have loved watching him in the Championship. Maybe he can make it for us..again with Carroll I am hopeful..but Smith..100%.

townsend had a shocker in one of the europa league games, think it was the greeks not sure, nothing would fall for him. I think with young players that is the way it goes sometimes, one thing he may need to work on is his mental strength because perhaps if things dont go his way he retreats into himself.

Still thing we need to add a top class player asap who can either play out wide or in the VdV role. Townsend has potential but if we want top 4 then there is no room for sentiment
Seeing Townsend as a vital part of our squad isn't a sentimental thing, it's a recognition of his talent.

If we can get in someone better, fine, you'll get no argument from me. For me we already have someone in Dempsey who is the VDV replacement. Obviously he's a different player but he takes the spot in the team vacated by VDV.

Adebayor is the key to problem up front, if he was playing like last season, then him JD and Dempsey are enough, but ADe isn't.

If we're going to buy another forward, I'd look to another striker rather than another wide player. However, a lot will depend on availability, and whether Ade can finally get moving again, and indeed if he's going to the ACN or not.

We really need to get him a good loan. With his cameos this season and him doing well for the reserve / U21 team a loan to a 4-3-3 team like Swansea would work well. Maybe with the links we have from the Caulker loan it could work out.

I really hope he doesn't go out on loan, I think he can be a key part of helping us to get top 4 and a trophy. We need the wing cover he provides. Naturally if we buy in another winger, then fair enough. I doubt that we will though.

I didn't mind Kane going out on loan, because I don't think he's good enough for us ATM. I haven't seen enough in him yet to think he could be anywhere near as good as Teddy. Naturally, hope I'm wrong, but boy will he have to work on his heading ability and effect something of a miracle in that dept before comparisons can be made to the brilliance that was Edward Sheringham.

I really hope he doesn't go out on loan, I think he can be a key part of helping us to get top 4 and a trophy. We need the wing cover he provides. Naturally if we buy in another winger, then fair enough. I doubt that we will though.

I think Townsend's loan days are over. He has got to brick or get off the pan.

I have liked townsend since he did that cameo against charlton in the cup. Think he has real potential shame he is a english tottenham player though or he would be rated higher.

if he wore an arsenal shirt, he'd be jizzed all over like oxlade-chamberlain is or walcott was before him.. in my view, he's as good as if not better than chamberlain.

All the matches from the first Group Stage of the U21 Premier League have now been completed.

The second Group Stage clubs for 2013 are:

U-21 PREMIER LEAGUE ELITE GROUP 2012-13
Arsenal
Liverpool
Manchester United
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers

U-21 PREMIER LEAGUE QUALIFICATION TIER 1 2012-13
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Chelsea
Everton
Fulham
Middlesbrough
Sunderland

U-21 PREMIER LEAGUE QUALIFICATION TIER 2 2012-13
Bolton Wanderers
Crystal Palace
Emirates Marketing Project
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Norwich City
Reading
Stoke City

The winners of Qualification tiers 1 & 2 will play-off for the Semi-Finals, where they will be joined by the first three clubs in the Elite Group.

Under-21 Barclays Premier League Season 2012-13

Reactions: zin
Back