• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Im wondering if parrett might be a late bloomer. His game is based more on tactics and short passing he does not see the same as bostock who was just the most skillful kid at school but never took it to the next level.

I think from what i have heard that parrett will make it in the game, not sure of the level.

Townsend if he is not the back up to bale next year i hope he gets a loan with a prem club.

parrett is so talented, i really thought he would be in our 1st team squad by now

Oscar Jansson has joined Shamrock Rovers on loan until June 30.
The Swedish Under-21 international, who has previous loan experience at Exeter City and Northampton, joins up with our Europa League opponents ahead of the Irish Premier League season that begins on March 2.

Watching the football league show is good with townsend and parrett on.

Townsend showed a little promise and a nice goal, parrett will probably be on in about 15 minutes guys.

KYLE NAUGHTON
17th November 1988 (23)​

NORWICH CITY
Premier League

21st July 2011
to End of Season

vs Leicester City (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Did not have permission from Spurs to play in the FA Cup in the previous 2 rounds, however with the transfer window now shut he was allowed to play but had picked up a knock so was rested for the game. Norwich ended up losing 2-1 to the Championship side.

Martin : Looked the weak link again so much came from him not closing down including many many corners we need Naughton there asap

If you look at those who he left out - Ruddy, Holt, Surman, Naughton - their places are probably nailed on

I know there has been a lot said about Holt but I actually think we also sorely missed Ruddy, Naughton and Surman too.

STEVEN PIENAAR
17th March 1982 (29)​

EVERTON
PREMIER LEAGUE

31st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Blackpool (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Cup-tied for this game having already played in both the 3rd and 4th rounds for Spurs. Everton won the game 2-0.

VEDRAN CORLUKA
5th February 1986 (26)​

BAYER LEVERKUSEN
Bundesliga

31st January 2012
to End of Season

27' Foul Committed
18' Foul Suffered

vs FC Augsburg (H) Bundesliga (Round 22) 18.02.2012
Played 80 minutes before being subbed off as Leverkusen won 4-1.

Very confident, calm. Top.

Buy, buy, buy.

Have in the 4 games with no goals Corluka get over his side. (In the same period 4 on the left side). Awesome, awesome defensive performance.

RYAN MASON
13th June 1991 (20)​

MILLWALL
Championship

26th January 2012
to End of Season

vs Bolton Wanderers (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Was an unused sub as Millwall lost 2-0.

HARRY KANE
28th July 1993 (18)​

MILLWALL
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of Season

51' Freekick Taken
15' Handball

vs Bolton Wanderers (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Played 80 minutes in an unfamiliar midfield position as Millwall lost 2-0.

Couldn't work out what Kane And smith was doing in midfield with good passing and attacking midfielders on the bench.

Thought Lowry and Kane were our best players out there today.

Couldn't really work out what sort of role Kane was supposed to be playing,taking the ball from the centre backs and trying to start moves really isn't or shouldn't be his role.

Kane 6 - He is a forward, not a winger. We lacked width on his side all game.

Smith in midfield and Kane in midfield is a fudging joke

THOMAS CARROLL
28th May 1992 (19)​

DERBY COUNTY
Championship

30th January 2012
to End of Season

87' Corner Taken
67' Foul Suffered
62' Corner Taken
42' Shot Saved
42' Corner Taken
40' Freekick Taken
27' Foul Suffered
11' Foul Committed

vs Southampton (A) Championship (Round 30) 18.02.2012
Played the whole game, starting in a left wing position, as Derby were thrashed 4-0.

Against the run of play, Tom Carroll nearly levelled matters but his fierce low effort was magnificently kept out by Saints stopper Kelvin Davis.

All started going pear shaped once Nigel brought Carroll in for Bailey. Not had a win since. Loanees very rarely work (at least not for us!!!).

'Bout sums it up for me. Carroll hasn't shown me any more than Jake Livermore did!

ADAM SMITH
29th April 1991 (20)​

LEEDS UNITED
Championship

31st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Doncaster Rovers (H) Championship (Round 32) 18.02.2012
Was not in the match day squad for this game as Leeds won 3-2. There is no indication as to whether he was sick, injured or just dropped.

ANDROS TOWNSEND
16th July 1991 (20)

zpd7m.jpg

LEEDS UNITED
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of Season

79' Subbed Off
70' Corner Taken
63' Shot Off Target
58' Freekick Taken
55' Goal
42' Shot Blocked
37' Foul Suffered
35' Foul Committed
27' Foul Suffered
4' Foul Committed

vs Doncaster Rovers (H) Championship (Round 32) 18.02.2012
Finally started a game under Neil Redfearn, in place of the injured Fabian Delph, as he played 79 minutes and scored his first goal for Leeds. His goal made it 2-1 to Doncaster Rovers as Leeds pressed on and won the game 3-2.

A minute after Bagayoko's second, Becchio fumbled his way into the box, the ball fell to Townsend and he placed a crisp drive beyond Button.

Townsend was the man of the match for me, good finish and caused the Doncaster defence problems all game.

Match Highlights

DAVID BUTTON
27th February 1989 (22)

j7xnrp.jpg

DONCASTER ROVERS
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of February

99' Concedes Goal
79' Concedes Goal
64' Save (Catch)
55' Concedes Goal
12' Save (Tip Over)

vs Leeds United (A) Championship (Round 30) 18.02.2012
Played the whole game as Doncaster lost 3-2.

YAGO FALQUE
4th January 1990 (22)​

SOUTHAMPTON
Championship

16th January 2012
to End of Season

vs Derby County (H) Championship (Round 32) 18.02.2012
For the 4th game in a row, was not even in the match day squad as Southampton thrashed Derby 4-0.

Last edited:
As there are many forest fans in my family I can't bring myself to watch Derby as my eyes will bleed but it doesn't seem to be going amazingly for Carroll, although he's getting minutes so it can't be going too badly and hopefully he's learning stuff all the time.

There's good and bad about Charlie doing so well, it seems likely they'll buy him at this rate and I still think he could be a very useful player for us...He deserves to play and to get a chance at the Euros though so it's fair enough....

DEAN PARRETT
16th November 1991 (20)​

YEOVIL TOWN
League One

13th January 2012
to End of Season

69' Subbed Off
60' Freekick Taken
55' Goal
48' Foul Suffered
33' Shot Off Target
25' Foul Committed

vs Colchester United (H) League One (Round 31) 18.02.2012
Played 69 minutes and scored his first goal for the club in the 55th minute to equalise to 1-1 as Yeovil won 3-2. His substitution was due to an ankle or foot injury.

A great throughball by on-loan midfielder Lawson D'Ath sent fellow loanee Dean Parrett clear and he slipped the ball past goalkeeper Ben Williams.

Parrett was impressive but Williams A was my MoM.

Parret - very impressive again 4/5

Parrett had damaged something around his foot or ankle sometime around his goal, and he limped around on his right foot, being substituted with an injury that seems likely to rule him out of contention for a fortnight or so.

JONATHAN OBIKA
12th September 1990 (21)​

YEOVIL TOWN
League One

4th August 2011
to End of Season

70' Assist
70' Shot On Target
62' Offside
53' Offside
40' Handball
35' Foul Committed
12' Shot Off Target

vs Colchester United (H) League One (Round 31) 18.02.2012
Played the whole game as Yeovil won 3-2, getting his second assist of the season for 2-1.

It was D'Ath who put Yeovil ahead after 70 minutes, following up after Jon Obika's shot was beaten out.

Outstanding players for me today were Jones, Ayling, A.William and Obika. I only hope Obika's effort is rewarded with some goals soon as i think he deserves it.

Jon Obika - slightly off the pace 3/5

praise of Obika not really justified - links well but shooting very wayward (watched him in the warm-up and he barely hit the target)

Jon Obika..worked hard but needs to hold the line and time his runs better. Offside too much.

JOHN BOSTOCK
15th January 1992 (20)​

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
League One

30th January 2012
to End of Season

87' Yellow Card
87' Foul Committed
81' Corner Taken
80' Corner Taken
73' Foul Committed
64' Foul Committed
52' Foul Committed
49' Corner Taken
45' Foul Commited
42' Corner Taken
25' Foul Commited
25' Subbed On

vs Chesterfield (A) League One (Round 32) 18.02.2012
Came on in the 25th minute for the injured Jermaine Johnson, was booked for unsporting behaviour and also conceded a penalty in the 78th minute as Sheffield Wednesday lost 1-0. After just 4 games the fans are not happy with him, throwing abuse his way on twitter.

will glaldy drive this over rated tw@t back to London free of charge

overpaid, overrated, waste of talent, how the hell has he ended up at spurs!?

I wonder what the hell is going thru this guys head. Where does he think his career is going ? Hull sent him back early and we should do the same. No where near good enough. Get rid and get someone decent in

Complete joke, how and why did tottenham waste money on that scared, useless tool?

I have no idea how this lad is a professional footballer.

Absolute brick. Cost us the game today. Should drop him off at chesser station with a one way ticket back to london

Looks like one of those midfielders who doesn't actually do anything.

etc... etc...

NATHAN BYRNE
5th June 1992 (19)​

AFC BOURNEMOUTH
League One

28th July 2011
to End of Season

vs Rochdale (A) League One (Round 32) 18.02.2012
Still out injured as Bournemouth lost 1-0.

JORDAN ARCHER
12th April 1993 (18)​

BISHOP'S STORTFORD
Conference North

1st October 2011
to End of Season

vs Droylsden (A) Conference North (Round 27) 18.02.2012
Played the whole game which ended 2-2.

his shot from an acute angle shouldn't really have gone in but it looked to clip someone and deflected over Jordan Archer, a cruel blow as the keeper had made some fantastic saves throughout the match.

OSCAR JANSSON
23rd December 1990 (21)​

SHAMROCK ROVERS
League of Ireland

18th February 2012
to 30th June 2012

vs Wexford Youths (H) Friendly (Pre-Season) 18.02.2012
Having signed on loan the same day, played in this pre-season friendly and kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 win.

Last edited:
As there are many forest fans in my family I can't bring myself to watch Derby as my eyes will bleed but it doesn't seem to be going amazingly for Carroll, although he's getting minutes so it can't be going too badly and hopefully he's learning stuff all the time.

There's good and bad about Charlie doing so well, it seems likely they'll buy him at this rate and I still think he could be a very useful player for us...He deserves to play and to get a chance at the Euros though so it's fair enough....

Leverkusen fans seem to think there's an agreed 8m euro fee to buy him at the end of the loan and they would be more than happy for that to happen.

Cheers Zin for your posts.

Bostock really sounds like he is going to struggle to make it as a pro. Parrett on the other hand from those comments and others i have read could do something. Important to try and get him a loan in the championship next year like livermore had last year. Maybe he can still find a pathway through to the first team squad.

Bostock is done, hasn't fit in anywhere. Really disappointed that Carroll is constantly being played out of position, we really need to start looking at the terms of loans before we send players out, same with Kane, what's the point in sending them to a manger who plays them out of position?
Good to hear Townsend has finally been given a start again, and he did very well by the sounds of things, so hopefully he will get a run now

Good to hear Townsend has finally been given a start again, and he did very well by the sounds of things, so hopefully he will get a run now

I think we'll know more after Warnock's first game in charge. Not sure what happened with Adam Smith, he didn't have the best of games midweek against Coventry but not the worst either, quite telling though that Leeds fans didn't comment on his omission.

KUDUS OYENUGA
18th March 1993 (19)​

ST. JOHNSTONE
Scottish Premier League

31st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Aberdeen (A) Scottish Premier League (Round 26) 19.02.2012
Was once more an unused sub as St. Johnstone drew 0-0.

Good afternoon from Spurs Lodge! Our Spurs XI team have just beaten Leyton Orient 7-3 in a friendly. Cameron Lancaster looked sharp and scored a hat-trick with further goals from Massimo Luongo, Will Ekong, Simon Dawkins and Cristian Ceballos. We'll have pictures soon...

Wonder if Uvini played

Good afternoon from Spurs Lodge! Our Spurs XI team have just beaten Leyton Orient 7-3 in a friendly. Cameron Lancaster looked sharp and scored a hat-trick with further goals from Massimo Luongo, Will Ekong, Simon Dawkins and Cristian Ceballos. We'll have pictures soon...

Wonder if Uvini played

I would like to see lancaster get a loan before the end of the season.

I got some feedback from the Shamrock forums on Oscar Jansson's debut a couple of days ago. They seem to also believe that the loan is until the 30th of June 2012 as that's the day his contract expires, I think this may be the case and will be interesting to see whether Spurs have given up on him or not.

Did everything required of him tonight. Some nice distributions with his feet & from the hand.

Jansson really belies his age, he looks very calm and very assured, good on the deck and he's got good lungs on him.

The keeper looks excellent, great feet, very few hoofs, again made 5 or 6 good passes that most LOI keepers hoof. Would be great to keep him for the season. I heard that Spurs rate him very highly and with Freidel 40 and Cuddicini 38 they see him being no2 or 3 in the next year or so and so are happy to have him out on loan playing first team games.

Jansson had very little in terms of saves, but his distrubution in terms of kicking and throw outs was excellent and he was solid under any cross's.

Back