• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

ADAM SMITH
29th April 1991 (20)​

74' Subbed Off
65' Foul Committed
46' Foul Suffered
46' Foul Suffered
39' Foul Suffered
1' Foul Suffered

LEEDS UNITED
Championship

31st January 2012
to End of Season

3 Appearances
1 Subbed Off

0 Goals
0 Assists

vs Coventry City (A) Championship (Round 31) 14.02.2012
Adam Smith played 74 minutes in the right back position as Leeds lost 2-1. Throughout the game Adam took throw ins and free kicks and got in a few crosses. He had a hard time up against Gary McSheffrey.

Adam Smith conceded possession and left his side exposed on the right wing and vulnerable to another header.

Gary McSheffrey was also passing Adam Smith with ease at every opportunity.

That Nimley caused us problems all night and Mcsheffrey was having the better of Smith.

If the game is so streched why have we brought O'Brien on for Smith? (Tactical - not injured)

ANDROS TOWNSEND
16th July 1991 (20)​

LEEDS UNITED
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of Season

6 Appearances
1 Subbed On
1 Subbed Off
2 Unused Sub

0 Goals
0 Assists

vs Coventry City (A) Championship (Round 31) 14.02.2012
Since Leeds sacked Simon Grayson 2 weeks ago, and Neil Redfearn took over as caretaker manager, Andros Townsend has lost his place in the first team and been on the bench every game. Once more he was an unused substitute and it seems his chances will be limited until Leeds hire a new manager.

why doesnt townsend start

Because...he's not as... defensively minded as Pugh? Honestly GHod knows

Obviously i thought Redfearns tactics and subs were shocking, Townsend should have started / if not come on.

DAVID BUTTON
27th February 1989 (22)​

72' Concedes Goal
72' Save
58' Save
34' Concedes Goal
20' Concedes Goal
13' Save
13' Save
1' Save

DONCASTER ROVERS
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of February

6 Appearances
3 Clean Sheets

vs Blackpool (H) Championship (Round 31) 14.02.2012
David Button played the whole game as Doncaster lost 3-1. The promising young keeper made a couple of good saves during the game and was given a rating of 6 out of 10 by the Doncaster Free Press.

On-loan Rovers goalkeeper David Button, outstanding against the Tigers, saved well from Novan dingdongo three minutes later.

YAGO FALQUE
4th January 1990 (22)​

SOUTHAMPTON
Championship

16th January 2012
to End of Season

1 Appearance
1 Subbed Off
1 Unused Sub

0 Goals
0 Assists

vs West Ham (A) Championship (Round 31) 14.02.2012
Yago was once more not even on the bench as Southampton drew 1-1. He had played earlier in the day for Southampton U-21s vs Brighton U-21s in a 0-0 draw. Saints fans don't see a way back into the team for him.

to be blunt I cant see where Steve De Ridder, Dan Harding and Falque will fit into our plans now, except in a real injury crisis.

Falque should offer the sort of passing options at the top of the field... but I question whether they were the right signings to make at this time.

Sharp will come good and tadanari will get his chance, as will De Ridder again. Just leaves Falque out in the cold, says something about the squad right now!

DEAN PARRETT
16th November 1991 (20)​

90' Foul Commited
84' Yellow Card
84' Foul Commited
78' Foul Commited
77' Foul Commited
21' Foul Suffered
20' Foul Commited
3' Foul Commited

YEOVIL
League One

13th January 2012
to End of Season

5 Appearances
3 Subbed Off

0 Goals
1 Assist

vs Wycombe Wanderers (A) League One (Round 30) 14.02.2012
Dean Parrett played the whole game and was booked in the 84th minute for persistent fouling as Yeovil won 3-2. No much mention of him in match reports or fan forums which suggests to me he didn't have a particularly bad or outstanding game.

JONATHAN OBIKA
12th September 1990 (21)​

90' Subbed Off
90' Foul Commited
87' Yellow Card
70' Shot Off Target
69' Offside
64' Shot Off Target
60' Assist
49' Shot Off Target
40' Foul Suffered
13' Foul Suffered

YEOVIL
League One

4th August 2011
to End of Season

16 Appearances
2 Subbed On
5 Subbed Off

2 Goals
1 Assist

vs Wycombe Wanderers (A) League One (Round 30) 14.02.2012
Obika got his first assist of the season, to help equalise the score to 1-1, as Yeovil won 3-2. He played the whole game, other than a few seconds at the end and was booked in the 87th minute for encroachment.

Jonathan Obika's low cross was touched by Chairboys goalkeeper Nikki Bull only for Williams to tap into the empty net.

Obika's first touch was frustrating, but to be fair he was working on scraps and hoof-balls, unlucky not to score tonight at times, but provided good hold up play.

JOHN BOSTOCK
15th January 1992 (20)​

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
League One

30th January 2012
to End of Season

3 Appearances
1 Subbed On
1 Subbed Off

0 Goals
0 Assists

vs Stevenage (H) League One (Round 31) 14.02.2012
Bostock was not in the match squad as Sheffield Wednesday lost 1-0. Has announced on his twitter that he has a virus and hopes to shake it off for Saturday.

Megson also revealed that John Bostock and Ryan Lowe would have started last night’s game but were ruled out by illness and a calf injury respectively.

Not sure what to make of the bostock situation. Hopefully just not match fit yet. Really feel the boy has a lot to offer. Play him Meggo because the boy has talent. Seems to be sticking with Madine even though he is not firing time to show faith in Bostock because he clearly has the talent.

hope bostock is well enough to play saturday put him in the middle

NATHAN BYRNE
5th June 1992 (19)​

BOURNEMOUTH
League One

28th July 2011
to End of Season

12 Appearances
2 Subbed Off

0 Goals
0 Assists

vs Leyton Orient (H) League One (Round 31) 14.02.2012
Nathan Byrne is still out with an ankle injury as Bournemouth lost 2-1. There is no further news on his injury other than an ETA of February.

KUDUS OYENUGA
18th March 1993 (19)​

108' Subbed On

ST. JOHNSTONE
Scottish Premier League

31st January 2012
to End of Season

1 Appearance
1 Subbed On
2 Unused Sub

0 Goals
0 Assists

vs Hearts (H) Scottish Cup (5th Round) 14.02.2012
Kudus made his debut for St. Johnstone in the 18th minute of extra time as St. Johnstone were knocked out of the cup by a 2-1 scoreline. He was brought on for defender Stephen Anderson as St. Johnstone chased the win, only to concede a goal 9 minutes later.

Last edited:
I said when Grayson got sacked we should recall Townsend and get him out somewhere else. Looks like I was right.

Bentley's agent says he's working on a loan move to the MLS.

Is he back from injury yet? Physioroom.com has him out with knee injury untill the summer.
I know we registered him in our 25 man squad, and I've seen picture of him on a threadmill

Upcoming weekend games. With Simon Dawkins re-joining San Jose Earthquakes we have now got 20 players out on loan!

STEVEN CAULKER
29th December 1991 (20)​

SWANSEA CITY
Premier League

1st July 2011
to End of Season

FA Cup 5th round weekend
Swansea were knocked out in round 4 by Bolton.

KYLE NAUGHTON
17th November 1988 (23)​

NORWICH CITY
Premier League

21st July 2011
to End of Season

vs Leicester City (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Saturday at 15:00 GMT live on Al Jazeera Sport +4 and Sky Calcio 3. Naughton has not had permission from Spurs to play in the FA Cup so far and had picked up a knock in any case so is unlikely to feature.

STEVEN PIENAAR
17th March 1982 (29)​

EVERTON
PREMIER LEAGUE

31st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Blackpool (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Pienaar is cup-tied for this game having already played in both the 3rd and 4th rounds for Spurs.

SEBASTIEN BASSONG
9th July 1986 (25)​

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
Premier League

31st January 2012
to End of Season

FA Cup 5th round weekend
Wolves were knocked out in a round 3 replay by Birmingham. Bassong would have been cup-tied in any case after playing in the 3rd round for Spurs.

VEDRAN CORLUKA
5th February 1986 (26)​

BAYER LEVERKUSEN
Bundesliga

31st January 2012
to End of Season

vs FC Augsburg (H) Bundesliga (Round 22) 18.02.2012
Saturday at 14:30 GMT live on Sky Bundesliga.

RYAN MASON
13th June 1991 (20)​

MILLWALL
Championship

26th January 2012
to End of Season

vs Bolton Wanderers (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Saturday at 15:00 GMT live on Al Jazeera Sport +2.

HARRY KANE
28th July 1993 (18)​

MILLWALL
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Bolton Wanderers (H) FA Cup (5th Round) 18.02.2012
Saturday at 15:00 GMT live on Al Jazeera Sport +2.

THOMAS CARROLL
28th May 1992 (19)​

DERBY COUNTY
Championship

30th January 2012
to End of Season

vs Southampton (A) Championship (Round 30) 18.02.2012
Saturday at 15:00 GMT.

ADAM SMITH
29th April 1991 (20)​

LEEDS UNITED
Championship

31st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Doncaster Rovers (H) Championship (Round 32) 18.02.2012

ANDROS TOWNSEND
16th July 1991 (20)​

LEEDS UNITED
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Doncaster Rovers (H) Championship (Round 32) 18.02.2012

DAVID BUTTON
27th February 1989 (22)​

DONCASTER ROVERS
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of February

vs Leeds United (A) Championship (Round 30) 18.02.2012

YAGO FALQUE
4th January 1990 (22)​

SOUTHAMPTON
Championship

16th January 2012
to End of Season

vs Derby County (H) Championship (Round 32) 18.02.2012

DEAN PARRETT
16th November 1991 (20)​

YEOVIL TOWN
League One

13th January 2012
to End of Season

vs Colchester United (H) League One (Round 31) 18.02.2012

JONATHAN OBIKA
12th September 1990 (21)​

YEOVIL TOWN
League One

4th August 2011
to End of Season

vs Colchester United (H) League One (Round 31) 18.02.2012

JOHN BOSTOCK
15th January 1992 (20)​

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
League One

30th January 2012
to End of Season

vs Chesterfield (A) League One (Round 32) 18.02.2012
Saturday at 13:00 GMT.

NATHAN BYRNE
5th June 1992 (19)​

AFC BOURNEMOUTH
League One

28th July 2011
to End of Season

vs Rochdale (A) League One (Round 32) 18.02.2012

JORDAN ARCHER
12th April 1993 (18)​

BISHOP'S STORTFORD
Conference North

1st October 2011
to End of Season

vs Droylsden (A) Conference North (Round 27) 18.02.2012

KUDUS OYENUGA
18th March 1993 (19)​

ST. JOHNSTONE
Scottish Premier League

31st January 2012
to End of Season

vs Aberdeen (A) Scottish Premier League (Round 26) 19.02.2012
Sunday at 12:45 GMT live on Sky Sports 1 and OSN Sports 1 HD.

MIRKO RANIERI
8th February 1992 (19)​

ESPERIA VIAREGGIO
Lega Pro Prima Divisione
(Italian 3rd Division)

8th August 2011
to End of Season

No match this weekend
Next game on 26.02.12.

SIMON DAWKINS
1st December 1987 (24)​

SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
Major League Soccer

14th February 2012
to End of MLS Season

No match this weekend
Next game is a pre-season friendly on 27.02.12.

Last edited:
Corluka's cross could have gone anywhere - he wasn't even looking when crossing the ball. Hoped someone would latch onto it

Corluka's cross could have gone anywhere - he wasn't even looking when crossing the ball. Hoped someone would latch onto it

What is it with you and Charlie Arcy?

He was aware of his position on the pitch, and aware of the general runs Leverkusen's forwards would be making so he took a gamble, against barca you often don't get that time to look up

I'm not trying to drag down Walker as punishment of what you said about Charlie, eye for an eye stuff isn't what I'm intending, but as a direct comparison, Walker's pace on many times has enabled him to get the space to cross, the time to look up, and yet it's often either gone out for a throw in on the other side or ended up in row z. He simply does not have the same control over the ball as Corluka does at this point in time

Falque's loan looks like it's been a bit of a nightmare, not really working out for either party at present, should perhaps hae gone to a lower team, must be very hard to cement your place in a team that is already challenging for promotion...

Falque's loan looks like it's been a bit of a nightmare, not really working out for either party at present, should perhaps hae gone to a lower team, must be very hard to cement your place in a team that is already challenging for promotion...

It certainly is the most concerning one, considering he's only played 55 minutes in total and has been left out the squad altogether on match days. He's also one of the older loanees at 22 so he needs to be playing or at least getting on the bench and then off it!

Andros Townsend is also worrying but at least just now he's playing under a caretaker manager who isn't doing very well so this could be a temporary issue.

I would also be surprised if Mirko Ranieri plays another game this season, he has only turned 20 so maybe a loan out to a league two or conference side may be best, Jordan Archer and David Button are doing much better on loan and I do hope David's loan can be extended to the end of the season.

Everyone else seems to be getting games though which is encouraging. Hopefully Kudus will start getting on the pitch more for St Johnstone as well.

It certainly is the most concerning one, considering he's only played 55 minutes in total and has been left out the squad altogether on match days. He's also one of the older loanees at 22 so he needs to be playing or at least getting on the bench and then off it!

Andros Townsend is also worrying but at least just now he's playing under a caretaker manager who isn't doing very well so this could be a temporary issue.

I would also be surprised if Mirko Ranieri plays another game this season, he has only turned 20 so maybe a loan out to a league two or conference side may be best, Jordan Archer and David Button are doing much better on loan and I do hope David's loan can be extended to the end of the season.

Everyone else seems to be getting games though which is encouraging. Hopefully Kudus will start getting on the pitch more for St Johnstone as well.

this kudus fella looks a beast zin.. Whats he like on the pitch? Playing style, preferred position, and where do you think he ranks in terms of our other youth strikers? perhaps a player comparison (a poor mans carlton cole for instance?). great work once again=D>

I can only go by how they perform on loan and fan comments. So far he's only played 12 minutes and seems to come in from the left. Hopefully will learn more as the weeks pass, there are other spurs fans on other forums who follow youth football more so if you want to try and find some more info look out for ray lo's reports on spurs odyssey and windycoys blog.

We're playing Charlton away in the youth cup right now. Big support from Spurs fans from the Tottenham Ultras meet-up that the TFC forum organised.

You can follow live commentary from the Charlton website (need to sign up)

http://www.cafc.co.uk/articles/2012...ve_2285314_2498016/0,,10267~2498016~1,00.html

or follow their twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/cafcofficial

Charlton Athletic FC @CAFCofficial

Vocal support from Spurs fans down to my right. (MR) #cafc #THFC

Continued support from Spurs fans echoing around The Valley still. Lively bunch. (MR) #cafc

0-1 loss in the FA youth cup, we're always poor in this tournament.
How can there be such a huge quality gap between the U18 (FA) and the U19 (nextgen) teams?

Im wondering if parrett might be a late bloomer. His game is based more on tactics and short passing he does not see the same as bostock who was just the most skillful kid at school but never took it to the next level.

I think from what i have heard that parrett will make it in the game, not sure of the level.

Townsend if he is not the back up to bale next year i hope he gets a loan with a prem club.

Im wondering if parrett might be a late bloomer. His game is based more on tactics and short passing he does not see the same as bostock who was just the most skillful kid at school but never took it to the next level.

I think from what i have heard that parrett will make it in the game, not sure of the level.

Townsend if he is not the back up to bale next year i hope he gets a loan with a prem club.

I'd like to see him as Bale's back-up, but I get the impression he wants more than that

Back