• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Good afternoon from Spurs Lodge! Our Spurs XI team have just beaten Leyton Orient 7-3 in a friendly. Cameron Lancaster looked sharp and scored a hat-trick with further goals from Massimo Luongo, Will Ekong, Simon Dawkins and Cristian Ceballos. We'll have pictures soon...

Wonder if Uvini played

From the Spurs official twitter:

Back to the Os friendly, and Brazil U20 international Bruno Ulivi played an hour at centre-half. Bruno is with us on trial for two months.

Ohhh..

and there was a return from long-term injury for young defender Nathan Byrne, who played the full 90 minutes

Hopefully will turn out for Bournemouth soon.

Bostock is done, hasn't fit in anywhere. Really disappointed that Carroll is constantly being played out of position, we really need to start looking at the terms of loans before we send players out, same with Kane, what's the point in sending them to a manger who plays them out of position?
Good to hear Townsend has finally been given a start again, and he did very well by the sounds of things, so hopefully he will get a run now

Reading those comments above, he certainly hasnt gone down well in Sheffield

jakenicholson
@nicholson_jake
Following

Officially out for the rest of the season. Operation to be confirmed but it looks like monday. Very upset but thats football :(

Shame for the lad

Harry Kane playing for Millwall vs Middlesbrough tonight, no sign of Ryan Mason, not even on the bench - maybe another injury or just dropped - he was an unused sub in the last game.

jakenicholson
@nicholson_jake
Following

Officially out for the rest of the season. Operation to be confirmed but it looks like monday. Very upset but thats football :(

Shame for the lad

He's out of contract this summer, unless he's had a contract extension I don't know about. So this could well be the end of his Spurs career. Could someone tweet him and ask if his contract expires this summer?

He's out of contract this summer, unless he's had a contract extension I don't know about. So this could well be the end of his Spurs career. Could someone tweet him and ask if his contract expires this summer?

From the OS:

Having featured regularly in Development Squad friendlies during 2010-11, he joined Myllykosken in March 2011 for the remainder of the campaign and extended his deal at the Lane until 2012.

As that's from March 2011 I'd say he hasn't had an extension since. The official site has on a couple of ocassions failed to mention contract extensions though, most notably Ekotto and Dawson.

Was he the lad with his tongue down jordans throat recently? would have done better to have been on the trainning ground to be honest. Did he play a europa league game i can't remember?

Yep. Made his debut in the Europa league game against Hearts and was on the bench against PAOK.

RYAN MASON
13th June 1991 (20)​

MILLWALL
Championship

26th January 2012
to End of Season

Not In Squad

vs Middlesbrough (H) Championship (Round 32) 21.02.2012
Was not in the match day squad as Millwall lost 3-1. It is not clear whether he has been dropped, sick or injured. In his last two games he has been subbed off and been an unused sub. Only 10 days ago he played the full game against Derby and the Millwall manager was praising his performance.

HARRY KANE
28th July 1993 (18)​

MILLWALL
Championship

1st January 2012
to End of Season

78' Shot On Target
74' Freekick Taken
72' Corner Taken
72' Shot On Target
43' Foul Suffered
21' Foul Committed
2' Foul Suffered

vs Middlesbrough (H) Championship (Round 32) 21.02.2012
Played the whole game, in a central midfield and left wing position, as Millwall lost 3-1.

Kane is not a midfielder

Apparently its 4-1-2-2-1 when attacking and 4-1-4-1 when defending

Milano 4-5-1 Kane centre mid it's fudgein awful seriously thinking about fudging off soon

In the first half it was obvious Kane didnt want to play in midfield behind Trotter

Kane isn't even a Championship quality striker.

Don't blame Kane. Kane is 18. And i'm begining think that the spurs deal is subject to kane playing otherwise we have to pay for his salary

Kane is a striker so don't clam him. feel sorry for him KJ put him there

Yes, he's 18. So shouldn't be in a struggling side, playing out of position in a strange formation.

Kane on the left now. Keogh and Henderson up top

Kane is not a left winger either

KJ will stick him in goal next.

All this playing experience, Kane will certainly leave us a better player. Not sure what we are gaining from it.

Kane - never turned around to see their end of the pitch

Looks like Bournemouth fans saw this coming a couple of days ago from twitter. Some feedback:

In fairness, he'd not be in the 16, so maybe he should go. Best for everyone.

Never got to see enough of him, which was a shame, and got injured at the wrong time.

From what I saw of Byrne and puuttting it politely, he would be better off elsewhere.

Awful injury for the young lad. The lack of reserve team fixtures restricts his chances of gaining match fitness. Perhaps a return to Spurs might be a good option for him.

Very glad that he did make it back and good luck for the future.

Christ he could not stay on two feet on the wing or at right back, put him in the centre of midfield and we'd be lucky to up! Not good enough for league football IMO.

I did think at times he resembled Bamby on ice.

Excellent attitude and work rate. He can certainly cross a great ball. Showed great promise on the right of midfield before his injury.

I think Byrne's been given a hard time by some of the fans while he isn't in a position to prove himself. After our first choice full backs, Byrne is streets ahead of the competition.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Byrne when he played as has been said already, good crosser of the ball and as far as I could see dedicated to the cause.

I wouldn't worry about Kane, I don't think he'll even be good enough for a Prem relegation team, let alone the mighty white army

Back