• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who: The Journalist
Where: SC
When: 15th August

Regarding Lloris there is some truth in what Jean-Michel has said in that he has rejected a bid for the keeper. But Lloris was given permission to talk to Tottenham and all personal details have been agreed. Initially they were only a couple of million out in valuation but that has been sorted. There is a small hold up there end which has to be sorted but major delay is still waiting for Tottenham to finalise deal. If you recall I said that Daniel Levy was not negotiating the deal but now told that there was contact between Daniel Levy and Jean-Michel at some point.

I was told on Monday that Luka Modric to Madrid (to quote) “was imminent.” It depends on your definition of imminent in order to put a timescale on it.

At this time I’ve got no information on M’Vila and Capoue links but they don’t surprise me.

Tottenham definitely keeping tabs on Nathan Redmond. They have good relations with Birmingham and have been asked to be informed of any bids. I may have more to come on this.

Based on past dealings i wouldn't be surprised if we sold modric and didn't bring in a like for like replacement. Carrick all over again

Milos Krasic has gone to Fenerbache for £5.5m. Would have been good backup to our wingers and was clearly on our radar in January, why the fudge weren't we in for him?

Milos Krasic has gone to Fenerbache for £5.5m. Would have been good backup to our wingers and was clearly on our radar in January, why the fudge weren't we in for him?

Maybe he didn't want to be backup or wanted more money than we offered or we just didn't think he was all that?

He will leave in Jan when they havent paid his wages like most Turkish clubs seem not to

RVP has failed his medical at United. Doctors said that he has a serious back problem after carrying Arsenal for over a year

Greg Stobart @gstobart
For those tweeting me asking for Spurs news, there genuinely isn't any although lots of work being done behind the scenes

The original JJetset @jetsetyid
The Sahin ferry has sailed up the Mersey.....:0( oh well

Croatia coach Igor Stimac has taken a swipe at Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy over his handling of Luka Modric's transfer situation.

Real Madrid are pushing hard to sign the Croatia midfielder, but Levy refuses to budge from his €40 million asking price.

Stimac told AS: "Yes (it's a complicated situation), because on the other side is a guy who does not fulfill the promises he makes. Daniel Levy promised a year ago that if he got an offer from Madrid he'd let him go. And when the offer came, he changed his mind.

"I think this guy tries to become famous in the world of football, but that's not the way to go. When you promise something you always have to comply. He did the same with (Dimitar) Berbatov before he joined Manchester United. That was on August 31."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/stimac-spurs-chairman-levy-wants-become-world-famous-3450811

fudge off ****.

Isn't that twice in as many days that taco has came out publicly ?

I have a sneaky feeling that this is the exact same thing as last summer, but instead of Modric making the noises himself, he is doing his talking through his 'mates'. Pathetic really.

Greg Stobart @gstobart
For those tweeting me asking for Spurs news, there genuinely isn't any although lots of work being done behind the scenes

The original JJetset @jetsetyid
The Sahin ferry has sailed up the Mersey.....:0( oh well

Ballague told us this already. JJ is fast becoming a ****end.

Isn't that twice in as many days that taco has came out publicly ?

I have a sneaky feeling that this is the exact same thing as last summer, but instead of Modric making the noises himself, he is doing his talking through his 'mates'. Pathetic really.

Definitely, although what do you expect? You always see international managers sticking in their two pennies worth....

RVP leaving, missing Sahin. Not all rosy anymore.
Maybe Song leaving also. That would be funny.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that Sahin is likely going to 'pool. I guess it is only on loan and there may be a settling in period but him and Allen are good acquisitions.

Back