• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That article don't make sense, why would Tottenham worry about extra years on a contract.

Sod that.. sign him for two years and let him go on a free.

Seems a simple solution to me.

If we were paying a large transfer fee, then we would want a longer contract to protect our interests, but for what we are paying its still excellent business (fee of £2-3m per year plus our maximum wage). The downside is that if he plays well, he can leave on a free in two years without us profiting. The upside is that he is more likely to play well for us while playing for a big contract.

Even if he did sign the longer contract, I can't see him being happy when his effective wage drops after two years. We're likely to have an unhappy player looking for a move and no one willing to match his ambition as defined by City. So the longer contract is devalued anyway.

Maybe Song leaving also. That would be funny.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that Sahin is likely going to 'pool. I guess it is only on loan and there may be a settling in period but him and Allen are good acquisitions.

Allen is brick and it remains to be seen how Sahin will play in this league.

Maybe Song leaving also. That would be funny.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that Sahin is likely going to 'pool. I guess it is only on loan and there may be a settling in period but him and Allen are good acquisitions.

Song -> Barca, Sahin -> Pool, Modric -> Real. The battle for 3rd/4th would get a lot harder.

Croatia coach Igor Stimac has taken a swipe at Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy over his handling of Luka Modric's transfer situation.

Real Madrid are pushing hard to sign the Croatia midfielder, but Levy refuses to budge from his €40 million asking price.

Stimac told AS: "Yes (it's a complicated situation), because on the other side is a guy who does not fulfill the promises he makes. Daniel Levy promised a year ago that if he got an offer from Madrid he'd let him go. And when the offer came, he changed his mind.

"I think this guy tries to become famous in the world of football, but that's not the way to go. When you promise something you always have to comply. He did the same with (Dimitar) Berbatov before he joined Manchester United. That was on August 31."

Well it was hard for us to play Modric on the US tour because Modric refused to get on the plane. Modric broke the legally-backed promise he made when he signed his contract. So according to Croatian Ethics 101, Modric can ignore his legally backed promise, while Levy must comply with something he would have to be stupid to have made?

What is Levy supposed to have done to Berbatov? Not play him before his move or break a promise to give him away at a fee determined by Fergie? It seems to me that Levy let Berbatov have his dream move when a suitable offer was made. Its the same for Modric.

I laughed too

Sorry Ganter

haha, no problem. This was not meant as a banter against Roy1983. I just find this story so incredibly laughable. I´ve been watching Spurs for the last 23 years, thing like this just don´t happen! We are not owned by a oil family and we can not afford 200k pounds a week. And there is no chance in hell a sane person would go from CL football and possibly the biggest and best club in the world, to north London, playing in the Europaleague on Thursdays. This is the definition of a pipe dream.

I think though, without knowing brick, targets like M´Vila, Niang and Lloris very possible, and seem like a step in the right direction for them. We need a striker though, and I´m not confident we have the financial means to sign Leandro, and it´s almost written in the stars that Chelsea will sweep in on august 31st and sign him as a Drogba replacement.

Quite a bit this morning, not every comment is ITK but i have tried to pick out relevent bits of conversation to add context

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
I hate to say this but forget this week& knowing our plans for the future I think it will come good.

"it seems that everything you tweet is negative at the mo. Interesting if u could state something specific and positive."
We will be alright mate do not fear but we have to take the fans on a journey first ;0) #didntyoureadthescript?

"have you got any good news JJ? Doesn't seem that way"
Yeah loads!! Just nothing about our incomings at the moment! New training facilities are amazing!!!

"thats good, they look top class. Incomings is the immediate worry though. Dont expect 5 top class but some sensible ins surely"
@steverevill Yes definitely

"Question does Daniel Levy care if we get battered 1st game of the season?"
Yes massively

"Re adebayor and a conversation about the daily mail article"
Look I rate him massively as he had a big big impact as a player but unfortunately very unreasonable regarding money.

The Sahin ferry has sailed up the Mersey.....:0( oh well.

"no way has he gone there"
Way ! Don't know if the fans know yet?

"well if he would rather play for the bindippers I dont want him anyway. We need players who wnat to play four our club."
Agree ones like Moutinho who is better too!! #alwayslookonthebrightsideoflife

"Sahin to pool. Seems Levy is blinded , he doesn't seem to realise everyone around us has strengthened. WHF !"
Not Levy.

It does amaze me that someone like Sahin would want to go to Liverpoo. Yes they have history however they have no genuinely world class players like they did when Torres was there, they arent in the CL, they are far from guaranteed a top 4 position, with the yanks coming in they're likely to be more sensible on wages....

What the fcuk is this, the Sopranos! Im sure you would get banned mate, but I would love to register just to give them all one mahossive post calling them mother fcuking cnuts of the highest order ever...I know you cant register though.

You'll just be giving them attention, they wouldn't care one bit what you say.

Über**** HoofHarted, on 15 August 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

We already have deals in place. Just waiting for the confirmation that a deal was done for Modric first.

Re the thread about letter of credit yesterday and offsetting invoices.
smiley20.gif

It does amaze me that someone like Sahin would want to go to Liverpoo. Yes they have history however they have no genuinely world class players like they did when Torres was there, they arent in the CL, they are far from guaranteed a top 4 position, with the yanks coming in they're likely to be more sensible on wages....

To me us and Madrid letting Sahin go to Liverpool tells us:

1) Modric sale is getting closer
2) We (understandably) prefer Moutinho to Sahin
3) We are very confident of getting Moutinho

Croatia coach Igor Stimac has taken a swipe at Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy over his handling of Luka Modric's transfer situation.

Real Madrid are pushing hard to sign the Croatia midfielder, but Levy refuses to budge from his €40 million asking price.

Stimac told AS: "Yes (it's a complicated situation), because on the other side is a guy who does not fulfill the promises he makes. Daniel Levy promised a year ago that if he got an offer from Madrid he'd let him go. And when the offer came, he changed his mind.

"I think this guy tries to become famous in the world of football, but that's not the way to go. When you promise something you always have to comply. He did the same with (Dimitar) Berbatov before he joined Manchester United. That was on August 31."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/stimac-spurs-chairman-levy-wants-become-world-famous-3450811

fudge off ****.

I love the way they are trying to portray this idea that Levy promised to sell Modric for the first offer received from Madrid

RM "Levy, we want Modric - we will give you €3 euro and a duty free carton of cigarettes

Levy "Well I did make a promise, so he is yours,. Ill have him boxed up and shipped over immediately"

Back