• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stimac should show a bit of professionalism and shut his cake hole. International managers should not be interfering in club business like this. I guess he thinks now that Spurs are soon to have no Croats on the books that he can say what he likes.

TouchlineDrama ‏@TouchlineDrama
Gazzetta dello Sport say Juventus have agreed personal terms with Llorente. Now only agreeing a fee with Bilbao remains. €16m on the table…

The personal terms which Juventus have agreed with Fernando Llorente are a relatively modest €67,000 (that's £52,000) per week, 4-year deal.

50k a wk WTF!!!!!!

To me us and Madrid letting Sahin go to Liverpool tells us:

1) Modric sale is getting closer
2) We (understandably) prefer Moutinho to Sahin
3) We are very confident of getting Moutinho

1 and 2 I agree with. 3 I very much dont agree with. If Sahin wants to go to Liverpool but not us, how on earth does that mean that we're confident of getting Moutinho?!?!?!?

Gazzetta dello Sport say Juventus have agreed personal terms with Llorente. Now only agreeing a fee with Bilbao remains. €16m on the table…

The personal terms which Juventus have agreed with Fernando Llorente are a relatively modest €67,000 (that's £52,000) per week, 4-year deal.

50k a wk WTF!!!!!!

At that money Im amazed we (and others) arent trying to get involved in that one

1 and 2 I agree with. 3 I very much dont agree with. If Sahin wants to go to Liverpool but not us, how on earth does that mean that we're confident of getting Moutinho?!?!?!?

a) Because he has a release clause, not much Porto can do if we meet it
b) Because it seems he wants to come. Weeks ago there was the gushing AVB interview he gave "I would work with him again tomorrow" and then just the other day "You never know what can happen by the end of August *nudge nudge* *wink wink*"

Grant Hall from Brighton has also not been announced and he's played all our Spurs XI preseason friendlies. Tribunal there too.

50k a wk WTF!!!!!!

If it's before tax it equates to £60K a week in England, if it's after tax it's £90K. Not that I believe a random tweeter would know these details.

if as every ITK keeps saying that we have deals in place and are simply waiting for the Modric deal to be concluded, isnt that enough evidence that we dont have money and are selling in order to buy. This completely rules out Moutinho as he will cost near enough what we are selling Modric for, and we will be spending the 30-35 mill on players such as M'Vila, Dembele or Ramirez, and finally Ade. Those 3 for 30-35 mill and it will be end of business for the summer unless we manage to raise more funds by selling crap like Bentley and Jenas

If we brought Moutinho we wouldnt need MVilla, Capoue or Dembele would we? Or would we?

I would have thought with Moutinho we would end up with Sandro, Moutinho and Sigurdsson as a midfield trio, and Parker, Livermore, Huddlestone, VDV... as back up/rotation.

I do agree its likely we need to sell before we can buy, though. Its been the case for a few years now

There's no way Sahin would want to go to Liverpool over us. I'm convinced AVB just vetoed the possibility. Even if not, Madrid want Modric so would have forced Sahin if he was the deal breaker.

if as every ITK keeps saying that we have deals in place and are simply waiting for the Modric deal to be concluded, isnt that enough evidence that we dont have money and are selling in order to buy. This completely rules out Moutinho as he will cost near enough what we are selling Modric for, and we will be spending the 30-35 mill on players such as M'Vila, Dembele or Ramirez, and finally Ade. Those 3 for 30-35 mill and it will be end of business for the summer unless we manage to raise more funds by selling crap like Bentley and Jenas

Could be many factors involved. We might not have the cash available and would have to borrow the money or we actually care about FFP, dont' want to commit to spending loads before Modric deal is certain. Also beneficial to get incomings more or less sorted before we suddenly get a big pile of money. There's also wages to consider and the 25 man squad.

If we brought Moutinho we wouldnt need MVilla, Capoue or Dembele would we? Or would we?

I would have thought with Moutinho we would end up with Sandro, Moutinho and Sigurdsson as a midfield trio, and Parker, Livermore, Huddlestone, VDV... as back up/rotation.

I do agree its likely we need to sell before we can buy, though. Its been the case for a few years now

M'Villa, Capoue and Dembele would be poor substitutes for Modric - more Zokoras to replace Carrick. Moutinho is the real deal though.

I think Rafa will end up playing right inside forward, not as the advanced one of the midfield trio.

At that money Im amazed we (and others) arent trying to get involved in that one
a) Because he has a release clause, not much Porto can do if we meet it
b) Because it seems he wants to come. Weeks ago there was the gushing AVB interview he gave "I would work with him again tomorrow" and then just the other day "You never know what can happen by the end of August *nudge nudge* *wink wink*"

Who says they weren't? Juventus are a big club, not inconceivable that a player would choose to go there certainly ahead of us.

That being said Twitter is the worst source for genuine info I've ever seen.....

M'Villa, Capoue and Dembele would be poor substitutes for Modric - more Zokoras to replace Carrick. Moutinho is the real deal though.

I think Rafa will end up playing right inside forward, not as the advanced one of the midfield trio.

I think Dembele would be very able (and affordable) cover but agree Moutinho is the nuts.

I think Rafa can switch between the attacking of the three (competition with Sigurdsson) and the RWF (competition with Lennon)

It's Ade or nothing for Saturday and it's better to just accept that it will end with nothing. Being angry all the time isn't healthy. Our season starts in September and I've settled for that.

Starting the season in Sept isnt an issue is we take 7 points from our first 3 games. If we drop points against West Brom or Norwich though then we could well be regretting it come May

Who says they weren't? Juventus are a big club, not inconceivable that a player would choose to go there certainly ahead of us.

That being said Twitter is the worst source for genuine info I've ever seen.....

Agreed, but I would have thought a player like Llorente would have produced more of a public bidding war

Back