• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in other news, Charlie Nicholas thinks Arsenal will finish higher than Chelsea...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/7979803/Premier-predictions

:ross:

I agree with him to be honest. Wenger hasn't altered the squad much and he's a tried and tested Manager who has succeeded there for years.

RDM hasn't really succeeded ever in management and will be under huge amounts of pressure from both sides. One side he will have Lampard, Terry, the old boys phalanx. The other side he will have £100m worth of new talent to somehow integrate into his squad. I don't think he'll succeed.

If he signs for us he is brick & lacks ambition. If he signs for one of our rivals he is the greatest player to have ever played in his position.

;)

I take that as a given!

Ive heard the name enough times to assume he is well rated, havent actually seen him play.

If we buy him - "Well it was obvious, everyone knows about him"

If we dont - "Why arent we taking chances on these French players, absolute bargain..."

I dont really know what sort of player he is, or M'Vila for that matter

Sky Sports Mobile ‏@SkySportsMobile
Lyon confirm thaty they rejected an offer from Tottenham for 25-year-old goalkeeper Hugo Lloris this summer #THFC #LYON

Anyone think Levy's notorious stance of playing hardball with players is affecting us signing anyone? Players see how 'mistreated' Modric has been and don't want to be part of that?

Lyon have confirmed that they rejected an offer from Tottenham for their goalkeeper Hugo Lloris this summer, while the agent of Gastón Ramírez has claimed the north London club have bid for the Bologna forward.

Spurs' current No1, Brad Friedel, turned 41 in May and the France keeper Lloris, 25, would provide André Villas-Boas with a much younger alternative.

"Hugo wants to play at one of the best clubs in Europe," the Lyon chairman, Jean-Michel Aulas, told the French radio station RMC. "This year there was an approach from Tottenham that was quickly rejected. If he absolutely wants to leave, we will look at the proposals but they must be consistent with what we want. If not, he will stay."

Spurs have also made an offer for Ramírez, according to the Bologna forward's agent.

"The only solid offer is the one from Tottenham, who offered €16m [£12.6m]," Oscar Betancourt told Calciomercato. "But the deal didn't go through because Spurs offered too low a wage to the player and if the wage difference is minimal he would stay at Bologna.

"Tottenham could raise their offer if they sell Modric and in that case the deal could be done, otherwise Ramírez will stay another year at Bologna. We also talked with Liverpool but nothing more."

Sky Sports Mobile ‏@SkySportsMobile
Lyon confirm thaty they rejected an offer from Tottenham for 25-year-old goalkeeper Hugo Lloris this summer #THFC #LYON

lol, ground-breaking revelation

Edit: Basically "He's for sale but we only had a bricky bid from Spurs so if anyone else out there needs a keeper come make a decent offer!"

Last edited:
regarding Lloris.....fcuking hilarious

akqayid ‏@akqayid
Errrrr. This has been on and off more times than a light switch, but the duty free is off. Again. This isn't good now

I feel sorry for these people having to invent things because they want to appear important. There are a few on Twitter like this. Once called Nad who pretends to pull up BS ITK's but will then imply he has sources, or 'released this info first' etc etc. Sad really.

No one has any idea what is going on, however painful we are just going to have to wait to see if Levy rescues this situation.

Anyone think Levy's notorious stance of playing hardball with players is affecting us signing anyone? Players see how 'mistreated' Modric has been and don't want to be part of that?

Certainly an issue of whether he is too clever for his own good. I am worried by the implication that our transfer activity is linked to the Modric move in terms of resources, surely we have cash additional to that available. But regardless of what we as fans think of Modric's behaviour, that this has gone on so long is a potential perception issue.

Levy is a genius, we will sign Damaio, Lloris, Mautinho and Ramirez on the final day for combined fee of 1 £

I agree with him to be honest. Wenger hasn't altered the squad much and he's a tried and tested Manager who has succeeded there for years.

RDM hasn't really succeeded ever in management and will be under huge amounts of pressure from both sides. One side he will have Lampard, Terry, the old boys phalanx. The other side he will have £100m worth of new talent to somehow integrate into his squad. I don't think he'll succeed.

And I for one cannot wait.

It will be like Hazard falling over the ball the other day x10!

Does anyone know of a spurs player with a daughter named Eva because my boss says there is a footballer he believes plays for spurs whose daughter eva attends the nursery. My bosses daughter is friends with this guys daughter and through that connection he has heard that the player is moving to France?

No idea I'm afraid although it's a shame this type of info gets lost in all the other flimflam.

Don't think it is a bad shout to suggest Gooners will finish above Chelsea. RDM is a poor manager who got lucky last season, and for all the talent they have bought it is questionable they have adequate balance in their squad.

Back