• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could offer decent cover out wide

Kakuta keen to leave Chelsea

French youngster hoping for first-team football at Marseille

By Patrick Haond. Last Updated: August 14, 2012 10:41am

The France Under 21 international joined the Blues in 2007 and still has three years remaining on his contract but is unwilling to sit on the sidelines any longer.

The 21-year-old told L'Equipe: "Chelsea's sporting director Michael Emenalo told me (in July) it will depend on the coach's choices. I explained I would wait to see how it goes in pre-season.

"My decision is definite now. It is an important moment in my career. It is better for me to leave the club and find one where I could play matches regularly.

"Chelsea told me they rely on me. It is nice to rely on me, but I am 21-years-old. You can tell me that at 17-years-old or 18-years-old, but I need to play. I thought more players would have left the club."

Interest

Marseille are reported to have shown an interest in the former Fulham loanee with a part-exchange deal with Cesar Azpilicueta mooted, but a loan with an option to buy appears more likely.

That is a move Kakuta would welcome, despite the club finishing a dismal 10th in the French top flight last season.

"Stepping back, I believe Ligue 1 will be good for me," he added. "It will be a good stay. My objective is to play a complete season with 25 matches.

"Marseille is a club I like. In France, they are one of the three clubs I am following the most with Lyon and Lille. With the players they have, I have no concerns. The club is not finished."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7988676/Kakuta-keen-to-leave-Chelsea

My thinking too. He must have once had a good contact with Liverpool and/or Rafa. Based on that he set himself up as an expert on all things Liverpool and Spanish. But since Rafa left, "Billy gonad*s" has become the ITK of journalists.

ofcourse I was being sarcastic

apart from a few of us Icelandic blokes who know Gylfi or his friends, there is nobody that knows brick before it happens

Defoe admits Spurs concerns

Striker may have to consider future if he is not playing

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: August 14, 2012 10:52am

The 29-year-old found himself playing a back-up role for most of last season with loan signing Emmanuel Adebayor leading the line.

Former Portsmouth and West Ham hit-man Defoe netted 17 goals for Spurs last term despite his lack of starts in Harry Redknapp's starting XI.

A number of clubs are thought to be monitoring Defoe's situation at White Hart Lane and the England international has conceded he could be forced to quit the club if he is not playing more regularly this season.

Heartbreaking

"Everyone knows how much I love Tottenham. Everybody knows that they are the club I want to play for," Defoe told the Daily Mirror.

"But last season was heartbreaking for me in terms of putting my body on the line, being prepared to give everything for the club and not getting a game.

"Obviously I have to think seriously about my future. I will talk to the club and see what happens but right now all I want to do is what is best for Tottenham."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7988726/Defoe-admits-Spurs-concerns

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: August 14, 2012 10:52am

The 29-year-old found himself playing a back-up role for most of last season with loan signing Emmanuel Adebayor leading the line.

Former Portsmouth and West Ham hit-man Defoe netted 17 goals for Spurs last term despite his lack of starts in Harry Redknapp's starting XI.

A number of clubs are thought to be monitoring Defoe's situation at White Hart Lane and the England international has conceded he could be forced to quit the club if he is not playing more regularly this season.

Heartbreaking

"Everyone knows how much I love Tottenham. Everybody knows that they are the club I want to play for," Defoe told the Daily Mirror.

"But last season was heartbreaking for me in terms of putting my body on the line, being prepared to give everything for the club and not getting a game.

"Obviously I have to think seriously about my future. I will talk to the club and see what happens but right now all I want to do is what is best for Tottenham."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7988726/Defoe-admits-Spurs-concerns

The way things are going he neednt worry. At the moment he'll being playing every bloody week as he's the only f#ckin striker we've got and look likely to have.
This forward situation is an utter shambles.

Fellas - follwoing yet another flimflam wum '6pm announcement' last night as well as the F5 home-page fiasco - could we ban postings from certain ItK qunts who've been proven wrong countless of times already

What is the point?

Who said this?

but he is still a Spanish journo, probably close to Alonso and certain figures at Real, so is it that unreal that he could have some inside knowledge on what is happening with Sahin?

True, he is a journalist and will have some genuine contacts. However, he has gone beyond that in setting up his blog site and speculating on nearly any move involving a Spanish or Liverpool player. In this, he is like the ITKs who once had genuine information setting up twitter accounts. There is no way of determining the good and bad information and in writing his own blog is no longer restrained by journalistic standards. Since Rafa left Liverpool he has got notably less reliable and more opinionated.

Heartbreaking

I know he's spent his whole career being second fiddle to Keane and van der Vaart, but now he's not even confident he'll be able to keep Kane out of the side!

How can you possibly enjoy something so despicably wrong and outright ridiculous? Some are decent but a selected few are taking the tinkle by now

At the end of the day Its a football club, your such a drama queen its not life or death like your almost making it out to be

Dembele, who arrived in England as a striker, has moved more and more into a midfield role where it is believed Real see him playing.

And he admits that is where he sees himself, adding: "I feel more of a midfielder than striker. It is even my favourite position."

Can we put this one to bed now? Dembele = Midfielder

i am 100% confident Ade will sign by Saturday. Also is that Defoe interview not a hint? why would he come out and say that if we were not bringing in a ST? not unless Bale is going to be used up top against Toon?

Dembele as a centre mid could be like viera in a few years if he play regularly he's certainly got the engine and I was surprised how much he tackled when he got moved back there

Back