• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because he is more of a VDV / Sig type player rather than a Modric player.

Dembele, who arrived in England as a striker, has moved more and more into a midfield role where it is believed Real see him playing.

And he admits that is where he sees himself, adding: "I feel more of a midfielder than striker. It is even my favourite position."

Jol pushed him further back, and the player himself prefers this

Just because Defoe is 10th on the all time THFC scoring charts & soon to be 8th (with another 7-8 goals) he is still brick.

I know this to be an irrefutable fact because i read it on Glory Glory.

:-"

can he play as a lone striker? we shall soon see i guess

The Spanish press tasked with covering Luka Modric and his move from Tottenham Hotspur have upped sticks to Split in Croatia for a few days as the midfielder prepares for an international friendly and they've been happy to almost stalk him whilst he's there. Modric refused to comment to AS about the transfer directly but told them, whilst smiling, that he feels the breath of their journalists on his neck everywhere he goes.

Igor Stimac, the new Croatia coach, wasn't as shy and when AS managed to get in a Modric question during the press conference he told them the situation isn't ideal, with Modric getting no game time as yet, but he knows the player will be at Real Madrid before the transfer window closes.

"I do not like the situation as it is, without him playing any matches this summer.

"He will end up signing for Madrid before the end of the market."

AS then say something which sounds entirely made up, they claim that during the following training session, his Croatia team mates kept shouting 'Spain, Spain, Spain' at him which sounds odd to say the least.

The newspaper admit they then stalked Modric again at the hotel to try and get a comment but again he refused and said he wasn't able to talk about the situation, he then entered the plush hotel and met with Davor Suker, the former Real Madrid player who is now president of the Croatian football federation. Suker has already said this summer that a move to the La Liga champions is the best thing for Modric's career and in turn the Croatian national team.

Dembele, who arrived in England as a striker, has moved more and more into a midfield role where it is believed Real see him playing.

And he admits that is where he sees himself, adding: "I feel more of a midfielder than striker. It is even my favourite position."

Jol pushed him further back, and the player himself prefers this

Plus the fact that Mourinho is now looking at him as a direct alternative to Modric.

Does anyone know of a spurs player with a daughter named Eva because my boss says there is a footballer he believes plays for spurs whose daughter eva attends the nursery. My bosses daughter is friends with this guys daughter and through that connection he has heard that the player is moving to France?

Uruguay striker Gaston Ramirez has rejected an approach from Tottenham after not being satisfied with the wages he was offered.

According to the Uruguay international’s representative, Spurs are the only side to have made a concrete offer for the Bologna striker, although Liverpool are believed to have shown an interest.

However his agent Oscar Betancourt has not ruled out the posibility of a move in the future suggesting that the sale of Real Madrid target Luka Modric could fund a move.

Betancourt told Calciomercato: ‘The only solid offer is the one from Tottenham, who offered €16 million [£12.6m].

‘But the deal didn’t go through because Spurs offered too low a wage to the player and if the wage difference is minimal he would stay at Bologna.

‘Tottenham could raise their offer if they sell Modric and in that case the deal could be done, otherwise Ramirez will stay another year at Bologna. We also talked with Liverpool but nothing more.

‘Inter? They are interested in the player, but can’t afford a cash offer similar to the English clubs.

‘The Nerazzurri would wish to include some players in the deal, but Bologna only want cash, also because of the arrangement with Penarol [Ramirez’s former club] who receive a percentage if the player is sold.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188106/Gaston-Ramirez-rejects-Spurs-move.html

From AS:

Sahin said no to the opportunity to be part of the transfer of Modric and now take weeks hearing from Xabi Alonso mouth of the benefits of a special club where he could play regularly. Apparently, Xabi work is paying off and Sahin seems convinced. A year at Anfield will give you the confidence (and rhythm) of scarce. Ian Ayre, executive director of the English club, is in Spain because he and Rodgers believes it Sahin (and perhaps Tello) is more than possible.

The Spanish press tasked with covering Luka Modric and his move from Tottenham Hotspur have upped sticks to Split in Croatia for a few days as the midfielder prepares for an international friendly and they've been happy to almost stalk him whilst he's there. Modric refused to comment to AS about the transfer directly but told them, whilst smiling, that he feels the breath of their journalists on his neck everywhere he goes.

Igor Stimac, the new Croatia coach, wasn't as shy and when AS managed to get in a Modric question during the press conference he told them the situation isn't ideal, with Modric getting no game time as yet, but he knows the player will be at Real Madrid before the transfer window closes.

"I do not like the situation as it is, without him playing any matches this summer.

"He will end up signing for Madrid before the end of the market."

AS then say something which sounds entirely made up, they claim that during the following training session, his Croatia team mates kept shouting 'Spain, Spain, Spain' at him which sounds odd to say the least.

The newspaper admit they then stalked Modric again at the hotel to try and get a comment but again he refused and said he wasn't able to talk about the situation, he then entered the plush hotel and met with Davor Suker, the former Real Madrid player who is now president of the Croatian football federation. Suker has already said this summer that a move to the La Liga champions is the best thing for Modric's career and in turn the Croatian national team.

I don't like the insinuation that this was somehow Spurs' fault when Modric pretty much went AWOL.

Back