• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ramirez is to this transfer window what Remy was in 2010. kittend around everywhere by his agent, but not much in terms of firm interest.

Some agent bloke on twitter suggested Levy preferred using certain agents, possibly the kind that don't run to the papers with everything.

is that why we havent made a bid for Damiao, because their chairman is too quick to blabber everything to the media? maybe Levy prefers certain chairmen too

is that why we havent made a bid for Damiao, because their chairman is too quick to blabber everything to the media? maybe Levy prefers certain chairmen too

We don't really know what we have done regarding Damiao, but if you want to believe ITK, they're constantly changing their demands to us, making negotiations kind of pointless.

Some chairmen probably just loves to see themselves in the media, while others will try to use it as a tool. We're not offering enough - go public with your asking price. We've not been in touch for some time - pretend there's interest from someone else. Etc.

Just because Defoe is 10th on the all time THFC scoring charts & soon to be 8th (with another 7-8 goals) he is still brick.

I know this to be an irrefutable fact because i read it on Glory Glory.

:-"

Glory-Glory IS on the internet. I get all my knowledge from it.

He played in one of our Spurs XI or U18 games recently so I guess it's just waiting for the official tribunal fee.

Fulham star Moussa Dembele has emerged as one of the options for Real Madrid, if they fail to push through a deal for Luka Modric, Sky Sports understands.

The Belgium international has been strongly linked with a move away from Craven Cottage this summer, with the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham believed to be monitoring his situation.

Now Real Madrid have made contact with Dembele's representatives, with a view to making a move for the 25-year-old as they are yet to agree a deal with Tottenham for long-term target Modric.

And Dembele, who is currently on international duty with Belgium, has admitted that he knows Real have made contact.

Interest

"My manager has already talked with Real," he told Het Nieuwsblad.

"There have been contacts between my agent and Real Madrid. They have wanted information and that was it.

"I cannot say much else about it - everything is calm, but I cannot say where I will be playing."

Dembele, who arrived in England as a striker, has moved more and more into a midfield role where it is believed Real see him playing.

And he admits that is where he sees himself, adding: "I feel more of a midfielder than striker. It is even my favourite position."

Sky Sports understands that Dembele could be leaving Craven Cottage this month, and Real's interest could alert his English suitors.

We also understand that the fact Dembele has a release clause of less than £20million is an appealing factor.
------------------------

cant understand why we havent signed him

Because he is more of a VDV / Sig type player rather than a Modric player.

You realise that thisw debate has been had about 10 times so far on here in hte last couple months?!?

If something is worth discussing it is worth discussing ad infinitum (apparently).

Now, if someone wouldn't mind reminding me how Nuri Sahin fits into the gooner system again...............

Just because Defoe is 10th on the all time THFC scoring charts & soon to be 8th (with another 7-8 goals) he is still brick.

I know - he isn't all that. But he IS a recognised striker. Admittedly one only suited to a dinosaur formation no-one plays anymore.

We can't expect every new player to be more or less a replica of a previous one. Teams evolve, playing styles change to fit the players at the club.

If something is worth discussing it is worth discussing ad infinitum (apparently).

Now, if someone wouldn't mind reminding me how Nuri Sahin fits into the gooner system again...............

We certainly don't get enough of that. :lol: "Maybe THIS time I can convince everyone else I'm right" (not me, or you, or anyone in particular :-")

Defoe's good, but not really a 'lead the line' striker. More a selfish shoot on sight striker. If we play a system that doesn't involve a striking partnership, then I think you need an intelligent (football brain) striker. I don't think that is Defoe - he is greedy and instinctive - judging by his link up play, the runs he makes (and the number of times he continues to be offside), and his tendency to smack it in front of goal, instead of taking a moment to see what the best option is.

All of which doesn't mean that he isn't a very good striker in the right context e.g. when the other side play a very high line and he gets lots of opportunities to run in behind.

He also has 48 England caps, yet will he be remembered in 20 years time as one of the greats, I find JD a bit of an enigma, when you think that every transfer window he might leave no one ever comes in for him even with the stats that he has, It definately has not helped him being in and out of our side.

Back