• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everton boss David Moyes is bringing French starlet M'Baye Niang in for talks as he looks to start spending Jack Rodwell's transfer fee.

Moyes has moved ahead of Arsenal, Tottenham, Emirates Marketing Project and even AC Milan in the chase for the Caen attacker who is coming to discuss a potential £5million move.

Niang looked set to sign for the Gunners after Arsene Wenger moved first for him and the top prospect spent a week with his squad, but the clubs fell out over payment.

City and Spurs have both invited Niang for talks - Tottenham chief Daniel Levy expected the player to arrive on Monday, only for Moyes to flex his new-found financial muscles.

Niang is open to a potential £5m move to Goodison if the terms are right, and Caen will be happy to finally sell after weeks of protracted discussions with seemingly wealthier clubs.

Meanwhile, Everton's refusal to budge on their valuation of Leighton Baines has Manchester United looking at Swansea's Neil Taylor instead.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-everton-now-lead-the-mbaye-1259521

From Calciomerato:

Juventus have finally abandoned the idea of getting a superstar? Maybe so, although there are so many class players to bet on. One of those is Seydou Doumbia CSKA Moscow striker. An operation of low profile but which could also be a stroke of the market.

Meanwhile, we look for the stand-in for Ibrahimovic. Pepito Rossi AC Milan in January. There is a project to bring Italy into the Villarreal striker. (Corriere dello Sport)

After the close on August 20 against Bologna. Inter, the goal is Ramirez. De Jong has to lower the pretensions otherwise assault Paulinho. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken directly to his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger to try and ensure a new £20m bid for striker Robin van Persie, 29, is a success.

Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool will look to replace centre-back Daniel Agger with Swansea's Ashley Williams, 27, if they sell the Dane to Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: Daily Mirror
Manchester United hope to sign Robin van Persie before the Premier League begins this weekend

Manchester United hope to sign Robin van Persie before the Premier League begins this weekend

Inter Milan have joined Chelsea and Liverpool in expressing an interest in signing Arsenal winger Theo Walcott. The 23-year-old is out of contract next summer.

Full story: Daily Star

Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin will decide on his future this week after Arsenal and Liverpool are two of a number of clubs to make loan offers for the 23-year-old.

Full story: Metro

Aston Villa could sell full-back Stephen Warnock after manager Paul Lambert decided to overlook him for the friendly against Werder Bremen. The club are yet to receive any enquiries for the 30-year-old, however.

Full story: Birmingham Mail
OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck, 21, has agreed a new five-year contract, worth £75,000 a week.

Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel, 27, will sign a new four-year deal this week to stay at Anfield.

Full story: the Sun
Marouane Fellaini has made 137 appearances for Everton since he joined the club in 2008

Marouane Fellaini has made 137 appearances for Everton since he joined the club in 2008

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe, 29, does not want to go through another "heartbreaking" year on the substitute's bench.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas is unsure whether to select Sandro, 23, for the club's Premier League opener against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday as he has not seen the midfielder in action while he has been away on international duty with Brazil at London 2012.

Full story: Guardian

A groin injury could see Marouane Fellaini, 24, miss Everton's match with Manchester United next Monday.

Full story: Liverpool Echo
AND FINALLY

Eyewitness video footage shows that Robin van Persie was actually cheered during Arsenal's friendly win against Cologne on Sunday, contradicting reports the striker was booed by the Gunners' travelling support.

Full story: Metro

Its never been as hard to buy players - our wage bill and wages in general are already at an all time high, on top of that the 50% tax hits footballers hard and every agent knows it, so they can make more money keeping their players on lower wages in Spain and Italy.

Any top player is hoping for a move to the really rich clubs and will only come to us as a last resort and stepping stone. On top of that artificially inflated prices thanks to those clubs means that any selling club expects a premium for quality players and credit isn't as affordable as it was thanks to the recession.

Then we have uefa fair play to consider, how much can we spend and still balance the books? Only a few million levy is haggling over? What a cheap skate! Or is it the difference between meeting fair play and not. The money bid for aguerro may have ben affordable at the time but now, 12 months later, will be harder to balance out in time. Unless that modric money comes in to boost our books thins are going to be tight.

We would hope that levy and avb will start looking at the top end of the market given where our squad is, where all these problems lie. Would everyone rather they went out and bought 2 crap/half decent players straight off the bat, or tried their best to get in top quality players for as long as possible? Ambition is a double edged sword, in that if we want to bring in great players then deals are going to be harder to seal.

JJetset is a complete tool - a week ago he said there was lots of movement, the future was bright, rondon was far too good for us and he didn't do false dawns anymore - now its groundhog day as its going to be a quiet week? What a complete vagina

M'Vila calm over future

Spurs strongly linked with midfielder

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: August 13, 2012 8:52am .

Rennes revealed on Sunday that they had received a concrete proposal from England, but reports suggest that it is from Tottenham and not long-time suitors Arsenal.

M'Vila remains calm about his future, insisting he would happily remain at Rennes if the move he wants does not come to fruition.

"For now, I'm here and I'm not complaining," he told Sport24.

"I am available to the coach and I give my best as always.

"In France we have until September 4th [when transfer window closes].

"If I have to stay with Rennes for another year, I'll stay - if I go, that is life - but whilst I am here, I am 100 per cent focused."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7986806/M-Vila-calm-over-future

Spurs keen to move for duo Capoue and M'Vila as Bentley nears exit

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 21:36 GMT, 13 August 2012 | UPDATED: 22:42 GMT, 13 August 2012

Tottenham have scouted Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue and firmed up interest in Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila with a £12million offer.

Manager Andre Villas-Boas is keen to tie up midfield targets with Luka Modric's situation yet to be resolved and Scott Parker out for two months with an Achilles injury.

Tottenham scouts watched Capoue, 24, against Montpellier on Friday and then took in Rennes' game with Lyon on Saturday. Rennes want closer to £17m for M'Vila though.

Villas-Boas is hopeful Tottenham can beat Emirates Marketing Project to striker M'Baye Niang, 17, from Caen but has been pipped by City to 16-year-old Le Havre midfielder Jules Olivier Ntcham.

Talks are continuing over a compromise for striker Emmanuel Adebayor with City poised to follow the signing of Jack Rodwell from Everton with an £8m deal for Swansea's Scott Sinclair this week.

City also have an interest in Tottenham defender Steven Caulker, 20, who is valued at around £15m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...m-scout-Etienne-Capoue.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Man Utd have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov and are still busting a gut to buy RVP

we have Defoe and Kane and we are...........errrrrrrrrrrrrm, relaxed

Caulker @ £15 million?

Lolz - that said, young player and future England centre half? Shows where the market is at!!

Anyway - he signed a new deal not too long ago and we aint selling bitches!!

RVP to Utd would make me very happy though.

Caulker @ £15 million?

Lolz - that said, young player and future England centre half? Shows where the market is at!!

Anyway - he signed a new deal not too long ago and we aint selling bitches!!

RVP to Utd would make me very happy though.

Imagine if he scored against the arse... Any chance he could run the length of the pitch and slide on his knees in front of the their fans!

Ezekiel Fryers

What has happened to Ezekiel Fryers? In early July all the pares said we'd made Alec Ferguson cross by nicking this brilliant full back prospect from Man Utd. Since then nothing. Did he change his mind and go back?

Back