• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One other thing on Caulker - he does look like he has potential but I also think people are getting carried away with how far along he currently is.

Moving up from playing for Swansea to playing for a team looking to challenge for the top 4 is a huge step

I think you have to treat King as an 'extra' rather than as part of the squad. he misses far too many games to assume he'll be fit and with operations this summer, you could easily see his recovery stretching into next season. Gallas also cant play two games in a week it seems now

I would therefore keep Kaboul, Daws, Vert, Caulker and Gallas as my core CBs. Assuming 1-2 is injured/suspended at any time and I think that works. Loaning out Cauler I think its too risky given King and Gallas' likely availability

Caulker would play all European + CC + FAC games to start with

We don't need 5 CBs plus King. Most teams only have 4, some even 3. Look at Chelsea with Terry, Luis, Alex/Cahill. Ivanovich and Essien able to cover if needed. United have Rio, Vidic, Smalling, Jones. Not sure if I want to count Evans as a footballer.

One other thing on Caulker - he does look like he has potential but I also think people are getting carried away with how far along he currently is.

Moving up from playing for Swansea to playing for a team looking to challenge for the top 4 is a huge step

It is a big step but presumably he will be surrounded by better players which should help him 'look' better and develop. He would have to make that adjustment at some stage and if he has the potential I'd be tempted to have him in and look to expose him in the league as well as the cups where appropriate.

Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker and Gallas &/or King should have games for everyone given our injury rate.

Don't give me that.

Livermore went from struggling out on loan with the likes of Ipswich Town and Leeds to being an important squad player for a team who at one stage were competing for top of the league and throughout the campaign challenging for a top four place.

Sky sources understand Claudio Ranieri & Ray Wilkins have held talks with West Brom about the vacant manager's job.

Don't give me that.

Livermore went from struggling out on loan with the likes of Ipswich Town and Leeds to being an important squad player for a team who at one stage were competing for top of the league and throughout the campaign challenging for a top four place.

thats why i think someone like Townsend should be given more of a chance as a natural back up to Bale....he needs to be made to feel more important, who knows what that kind of support from the management could do to his confidence.

Caulker I liken to Walker at this point, raw but with enough potential to become a very good player. As long as he gets games at Spurs next year which I don't see as an issue I think he will now be in the best place to learn and develop by being surrounded by experienced defenders.

QPR are lining up Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas, 29, as a replacement for Joey Barton, who was banned for 12 matches by the FA on Wednesday. (The Times)

You know you want to Hughesyy!!

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official
Yann M'Vila very close to wrapping up a move to Arsenal, 4 year deal, Ôé¼20million euros

I'd cry if this happened

Is he that good? 20mil and I've barely heard of him.

Who in playing style would you liken him to?

Easy, play him against the smaller teams, play him in europe, play him in the cups.

Don't play him against the 'top 6', and try and avoid playing him against the 'top 10' away from home.

Easy, play him against the smaller teams, play him in europe, play him in the cups.

Don't play him against the 'top 6', and try and avoid playing him against the 'top 10' away from home.

But he played against most of them with Swansea and from my recall at a distance got decent/rave reviews. Have him in the squad and play what works the best. I wouldn't necessarily 'protect' him from big games.

But he played against most of them with Swansea and from my recall at a distance got decent/rave reviews. Have him in the squad and play what works the best. I wouldn't necessarily 'protect' him from big games.

I know, I personally think he is good enough. However if you thought he was not that would be a perfectly acceptable compromise.

It makes me laugh that people are delighted that Nelsen is going.

He was brought in for a very short period to cover a very specific hole we had, he played a half dozen times when needed, he didn't make a single mistake that I can remember, and probably cost fudge all.

You'd swear he was bought as the future of Spurs but is now being unceremoniously dumped. Which is a horrible, horrible failure to discern the different reasons different players are brought in at various stages of the season. It also feeds the nasty insinuation that Harry would have 11 Nelsen's in the team if he could, when it is abundantly clear he was a rather wise and cheap stop-gap, nothing more.

Is he that good? 20mil and I've barely heard of him.

Who in playing style would you liken him to?

He's class. unbelievable work rate and does not shy away from the challenge. He's a sort of deep-lying play maker sort of player, but he doesn't go forward. If i had to compare him to anyone, I'd say Makelele for Rennes. But for France, Blanc plays him as a box-to-box sort of Vieira type player.

He is just WHAT Arsenal need. Surprised Man Utd haven't got in for him though as he is exactly what they are missing. The guy tinkles over Song too, well he's actually a defensive midfielder so no surprise. Song goes forward way too much and gives the ball away to much, don't know M'Vila's passing stats but I doubt he loses the ball often.

We don't need 5 CBs plus King. Most teams only have 4, some even 3. Look at Chelsea with Terry, Luis, Alex/Cahill. Ivanovich and Essien able to cover if needed. United have Rio, Vidic, Smalling, Jones. Not sure if I want to count Evans as a footballer.

You wouldn't think we would need 5 CBs but we did last year. Gallas + King = 1 CB in real terms. If you look at a worse case scenario where King and Gallas are crocked (not too far fetched an idea) then we have Kaboul, Daws and Vertoghen. Probably enough but a bit risky if you ask me.

Aside, Evans was not bad last year either.

Agree but if we want to finish top 4 then we need to be picking up every point we can rather than simply trying to develop younger players.

Assuming Vert signs, if the season started tomorrow I would imagine its him and Kaboul as first choice with Gallas probably 3rd choice

You wouldn't think we would need 5 CBs but we did last year. Gallas + King = 1 CB in real terms. If you look at a worse case scenario where King and Gallas are crocked (not too far fetched an idea) then we have Kaboul, Daws and Vertoghen. Probably enough but a bit risky if you ask me.

Agree - think you should keep more rather than less. Its such a key position that its not easy to patch things up. On the contrary, if you're missing wingers or CFs for instance you can play with your formation to cover it up

He's class. unbelievable work rate and does not shy away from the challenge. He's a sort of deep-lying play maker sort of player, but he doesn't go forward. If i had to compare him to anyone, I'd say Makelele for Rennes. But for France, Blanc plays him as a box-to-box sort of Vieira type player.

He is just WHAT Arsenal need. Surprised Man Utd haven't got in for him though as he is exactly what they are missing. The guy tinkles over Song too, well he's actually a defensive midfielder so no surprise. Song goes forward way too much and gives the ball away to much, don't know M'Vila's passing stats but I doubt he loses the ball often.

A glowing endorsement. I guess he might be taking Song's place in the team, or maybe rotating with Song and Wheelchair.

Back