• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's all in the wording. Some just love intimating that they've got info. He could say 'We're working on several deals, some of which haven't been mentioned by anyone yet, but I can't divulge names out of concern for my source'. He'd still get abuse though. Keep quiet and everyone goes into a frenzy over nothing happening. Can't win really. Everyone's just so impatient these days.

Itk lover! Burn him

Vertonghen told Goal.com on Thursday night that he is in limbo while Spurs chairman Daniel Levy continues to negotiate a fee with Ajax.

“I’m just waiting for it to be done,” said Vertonghen. “I understand the situation and I have to be patient. I am not at the Euros but I hope it will be done soon after.

“There are still other clubs interested but I will wait. Tottenham is an amazing club and are the team I like to join the most.” *

The Belgian centre-back has already agreed personal terms with Spurs after a trip to London in which he was shown around the club’s new training centre in Enfield and was a guest at their last match of the season, a 2-0 home win over Fulham.

However, the transfer has hit a snag over the Dutch club’s ?ú12.1 million (€15m) asking price, with Tottenham unwilling to offer more than ?ú9.6m (€12m) for the defender who has just a year remaining on his contract.

“I am not aware if Ajax are asking too much or not,” added Vertonghen. “I don’t know what they are asking. I am not part of the negotiation.

“Mr Levy was in Amsterdam on Monday and is talking to Ajax and my manager. When they have an agreement they will let me know and I can move.”

The 25-year-old, who was named Eredivisie Player of the Year for his contribution to Ajax’s title triumph, says his desire to move to White Hart Lane has not been changed by events in Munich on Saturday night, when Chelsea’s Champions League triumph relegated Spurs to the Europa League next season.

“Does it matter that Tottenham are in the Europa League? No, not that much,” said Vertonghen. “You don’t just join for one season.”

Spurs made an official move for the Belgian at the start of this month, having failed with an attempt to sign him in January. Vertonghen has chosen Spurs as his preferred destination ahead of other suitors, including Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

The centre-back is preparing to captain Belgium in a friendly against Montenegro on Friday night and will then make the trip to Wembley to face England in a friendly eight days later.

HAVE THAT ARSENAL

He certainly says all the right things, will be very disappointing if we fail to make it happen.

The Vertonghen deal seems to have so many angles right now?
He might Join arsenal
Fee agreed
Spurs close in
He willing to wait 12 months
blah blah, wouldnt mind a bit of clarification from someone!

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official
Yann M'Vila very close to wrapping up a move to Arsenal, 4 year deal, €20million euros

I'd cry if this happened

The Vertonghen deal seems to have so many angles right now?
He might Join arsenal
Fee agreed
Spurs close in
He willing to wait 12 months
blah blah, wouldnt mind a bit of clarification from someone!

Vertonghen and Spurs have agreed terms
Vertonghen wants to join Spurs
Spurs won't pay what Ajax want - although some whispers that a deal has now been agreed

That's the state of play as I see it.

Vertonghen and Spurs have agreed terms
Vertonghen wants to join Spurs
Spurs won't pay what Ajax want - although some whispers that a deal has now been agreed

That's the state of play as I see it.

The whisperings are saying very close on price, working on payment schedule. How much up front and such.

I said that Nelsen was leaving about a week ago. Old news.....

We all knew his contract was expiring. I guess this means we have decided on what to do with Gallas/King/Caulker for next season. Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen with King and one more would be my guess.

If we actually get this deal done then I think it's best for all parties if Caulker goes back to Swansea for another season. I don't know how long his contract is for? Hopefully we can get him on a long term deal, send him back to Swansea and then he and Rodgers can replace Gallas, King and Harry the following season :)

Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker for the 2013/14 season, maybe keep Dawson around if he's happy to be backup.

just read in the daily fail that Giroud has a 12.8 mill pound release clause, and Arse are close to meeting the price. Replacement for outgoing RVP

I guess this means we have decided on what to do with Gallas/King/Caulker for next season. Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen with King and one more would be my guess.

I think you have to treat King as an 'extra' rather than as part of the squad. he misses far too many games to assume he'll be fit and with operations this summer, you could easily see his recovery stretching into next season. Gallas also cant play two games in a week it seems now

I would therefore keep Kaboul, Daws, Vert, Caulker and Gallas as my core CBs. Assuming 1-2 is injured/suspended at any time and I think that works. Loaning out Cauler I think its too risky given King and Gallas' likely availability

Caulker would play all European + CC + FAC games to start with

Back