• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
incidentally how do you say his name? Da-meow ?
if so i'd be purring if we signed him....:lol:

Yeah pretty much. Brazilian commentators say Dammy-ow, I expect the English pundits would butcher his name completely, the less said about Pleat the better ...

I bet we can make it to 1,000.

That would mean either a deadline-day signing or none, in which case none of us will be around to settle your bet because GG will have exploded with the force of a million suns, taking the entire universe down with it in a blaze of apoplectic self-flagellation.

Hello All,

Been a while hasn't it? Apologies.

I believe last time I posted was saying goodbye to pienaar and hello to Ade, 1 has happened, 1 was done but we have had some hold ups- have posted before on the complexities of a transfer. Ade still massively ongoing and confident of completion.

In other news today is a big day at the lodge. Players are being told today who is staying and who will be told that they are free to find new clubs or loans. Andre gave everybody the opportunity to prove themselves in his first month in charge as has been reflected in the number of participents in friendlies. Now we are back in the UK, expect movement from here on in. Haven't seen the forum board so can't comment on any speculation.

POTL

Hello All,

I believe last time I posted was saying goodbye to pienaar and hello to Ade, 1 has happened, 1 was done but we have had some hold ups- have posted before on the complexities of a transfer. Ade still massively ongoing and confident of completion.

In other news today is a big day at the lodge. Players are being told today who is staying and who will be told that they are free to find new clubs or loans. Andre gave everybody the opportunity to prove themselves in his first month in charge as has been reflected in the number of participents in friendlies. Now we are back in the UK, expect movement from here on in. Haven't seen the forum board so can't comment on any speculation.

POTL

It amazes me that some of these do not understand the contradictory nature of the two bolded parts

Mr Blue and Yellow returns, with more insightful info.

Why does he need to see the board to comment on speculation, if you have ITK info, you mention it regardless of what others are speculating.

Once again POTL tells us that he doesn't know anything, but might be connected to one or more player(s).

Jacob on COYS r.e Ade;

deal is not dead.

and Adebeyor is not the one to blame for the hold up as most of the press seem to be making out. might wanna look a little closer to home.

Internacional insist there has been no fresh bid from Tottenham Hotspur for Leandro Damiao, but claim the striker has turned down offers from other clubs.

Tottenham have held a long-term interest in Damiao, and both Internacional and the player claim to have previously rejected a bid from the Premier League side.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is looking to improve his attacking options after a permanent move for Emmanuel Adebayor stalled and Damiao has again been linked with a switch to White Hart Lane.

However, Internacional vice-president Luciano Davi has downplayed the latest speculation and is waiting for Damiao to return from Olympic Games duty with Brazil.

"There was no offer from Tottenham, but there were other offers that he rejected," Davi told Terra.

"Let's wait for his return, with the gold medal, to decide what we will do. He is an Internacional player, but we are ready for what may happen."

Damiao's Olympic team-mate Oscar has already left Internacional for the Premier League this summer after signing for Chelsea and Davi is hoping Brazil can claim gold at the 2012 Games.

He added: "There will be offers for Leandro Damiao, no doubt about that. He has already rejected offers in the last few years.

"Oscar, for example, only left because there was no way we could keep him.

"I hope they get the gold medal. Leandro Damiao, Oscar, Juan and Pato deserve it. May Leandro Damiao win the gold and return to help us.

"I'll think about him when he gets back."

So he's for sale then? It seems that they are willing to sell, perhaps have even accepted offers but's not interested in anything previously offered?

So Internacional will sell but only for the right price. There has been a big change in the economics of Brasilian football recently. They can now offer competitive packages to the players that only the richest European clubs can beat, whereas in the past they had to sell to stay afloat. They have sold Oscar so presumably are in are in a stronger position. When there was first speculation we were in Oscar the numbers mentioned were in the £10-12m range. Chelsea had to blow that away. I suspect its the same now with Leandro Damiao. Its not a question of haggling over a price, more a need to make an offer they can't refuse, which is not something I see happening.

So Internacional will sell but only for the right price. There has been a big change in the economics of Brasilian football recently. They can now offer competitive packages to the players that only the richest European clubs can beat, whereas in the past they had to sell to stay afloat. They have sold Oscar so presumably are in are in a stronger position. When there was first speculation we were in Oscar the numbers mentioned were in the £10-12m range. Chelsea had to blow that away. I suspect its the same now with Leandro Damiao. Its not a question of haggling over a price, more a need to make an offer they can't refuse, which is not something I see happening.

the new Kaka, the best no 10 in Brazil right now, there was no way they were going sell so cheaply....20-25 mill was always going to be the range

but yeah, lots of money in Brazilian football right now so they dont have to selll if they dont to

Hello All,

POTL

If true, now watch for stories of dressing room unrest

Back