• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's all well and good Jordinho, however:

Danilo blasts Spurs boss AVB for visiting target Hulk at Brazil team hotel
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Porto’s Brazilian defender Danilo has criticised Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas for meeting his club-mate Hulk at Brazil’s team hotel after they arrived on Tuesday.

‘I did not like seeing Villas-Boas at the national team’s hotel,’ he wrote on Facebook.

‘This isn’t a market. It’s a workplace.’

Tottenham are interested in signing Chelsea target Hulk, but Villas-Boas is friends with the attacker so could have visited for other reasons than business.

Interesting no?

He was just there to meet Sandro as he wont get a chance to work with him for a while because of the Olympics and he is his new boss and all. And whilst he is there he says hello to a guy he used to manage. Nothing to see here.

Ben Rosenthal ‏@Ben_Rosenthal
Hulk - "AVB is a good friend of mine was just a friendly chat. I still have a contract with Porto, I intend to stick to it until the end!"

Really Hulk thats why you were flirting with the idea of going to Chelsea? because you are fully dedicated to Porto? :lame:

He was just there to meet Sandro as he wont get a chance to work with him for a while because of the Olympics and he is his new boss and all. And whilst he is there he says hello to a guy he used to manage. Nothing to see here.

Do you really believe that?

One to give Arcy a good start to the day:

Daily Fail linking Arsenal with a bid for Llorente.

Not sure what would be harder to swallow - Berbatov or Llorente joining those scummers

If the Lion is evenly remotely possible (and willing to move abroad) - we should be pestering them like flies on a watermelon - he's a special, special player.

No enquiries for Adrian

Spain forward will stay at Atletico for four years, says club president

By Lucas Brown. Last Updated: July 19, 2012 3:27pm .

Both Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are reportedly interested in the 24-year-old Spain international, who scored 11 Europa League goals to help Atletico to European triumph last season.

But club president Enrique Cerezo has sought to end speculation about the former Deportivo man's future.

"Adrian is an Atletico player for the next four years and nobody has called to ask about him," he said.

"Nobody has called him or the club.

"You would have to ask those that are talking about him because it appears that they know a lot more."

No return

Cerezo had little to add in terms of players coming to the Vicente Calderon Stadium either, with former loanee Diego unlikely to be returning from Germany.

"Diego is a Wolfsburg player and will continue as one, I imagine," he added.

"On the signings front things are still the same. There is nothing new and coaches are the ones that will say something.

"If there is anything new to announce then we will do so."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7913872/No-enquiries-for-Adrian

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has revealed the Spanish giants will not pay more than £27m for Luka Modric, 26, despite Spurs revealing they will let the Croatian leave for £35m.

Full story: Daily Mirror
Tottenham's Luka Modric

Tottenham want £35m for Luka Modric

Spurs are eyeing Malaga's Spain midfielder Santi Cazorla, 27, as a replacement for Modric should the Croatian leave White Hart Lane.

Full story: talkSPORT

Tottenham have also begun negotiations to bring Lyon and France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 25, to White Hart Lane but the move has stalled as the French club are demanding £16m.

Emirates Marketing Project and Zenit St Petersburg have been alerted to Martin Skrtel's possible disenchantment with Liverpool after the defender revealed that contract extension talks with the Merseyside club had stalled.

Full story: the Times (subscription required)

QPR are trying to secure a work permit for Junior Hoilett before signing the 22-year-old forward, who is out of contract at Blackburn.

Full story: Daily Mail

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will send his scouts to watch Brazilian midfielder Ganso, 22, in his country's London 2012 warm-up game with Team GB on Friday.

But Wenger will refuse to sell star striker Robin van Persie, 28, to rivals Manchester United.

Full story: the Sun

However, Arsenal have lined up Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente, 27, if Van Persie fails to sign a new deal with the club.

Emmanuel *Adebayor

*Adebayor spent last season on loan at Spurs

Qatari side Al-Sadd hope to beat Zenit St Petersburg to the signature of Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin, 31.

Chelsea are set to land another Hazard this summer as they look to sign Eden's younger brother Thorgan, 19, from French club Lens.

Full story: Metro

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is hoping to sign midfielder Joe Allen, 22, from his former club Swansea for £15m.

Full story: Daily Star

Emirates Marketing Project are willing to offer Birmingham midfielder Foday Nabay the most attractive package for a 13-year-old ever in British football as they bid to gazump Manchester United to his signature.

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says defender Rio Ferdinand, 33, will never play for England again following his omission from Roy Hodgson's Euro 2012 squad.

Ferguson believes Kenny Dalglish was sacked at the end of last season for his handling of the Luis Suarez racism row.

Full story: Daily Express

Emmanuel Adebayor, unhappy that Spurs are asking him to to take a £3m-a-year pay cut, is threatening to see out the remainder of his City contract.

Hugh Robertson has called on the Football Association to adopt a zero tolerance policy on verbal abuse, the Sports Minister citing evidence given in John Terry's recent court case as a reason why a line must be drawn.

Full story: the Times (subscription required)
AND FINALLY...

Barcelona striker David Villa, 30, has marked his return to training after a lengthy lay-off with injury by leaving keeper Jose Manuel Pinto with a bruised arm.

Full story: Metro

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll sneaked in a bit of pre-season training during his summer holiday in Brazil - by running on the beach with a boogie board under his arm.

Birmingham supporter Rob Shannon has not missed one of his team's matches for 38 years, seeing the Blues play 1,800 consecutive games since 1974. And he only missed one that year because he was too ill to get out of bed.

Full story: Daily Star

Originally Posted by milo
I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that AVB went there for a couple of reasons and lied to the press.

The tone of your post......"do you really believe that?".....implied that you considered Sandman's post to be somewhat naive. But perhaps I just inferred it.

Regardless, let me ask you this: do you believe:

a) that if AVB wanted to tap up another club's player, he would choose somewhere so public to do so?
b) that if he wanted to tap up another club's player, he would need to take his fitness coach and first team coach with him?
c) that Spurs would be remotely interested in signing Hulk, given that his buyout clause is valued at not much less than £40 million?

Does it not seem plausible to you that he would want to introduce himself to a player who is likely to be pivotal for him during the upcoming season and that he likely won't get another chance to do so until shortly before the season? Does it not also seem plausible to you that the reason he would take his fitness coach with him on this visit is that they wanted to tell Sandro what is expected of him in terms of fitness and diet?

And finally, does it not seem plausible to you that, if AVB bumped into a former player with whom he enjoyed a highly successful season, he would stop to have an amicable chat which had nothing to do with business?

Of course, it is possible that AVB was trying to tap up a player. But there is no proof of it and, given all the circumstances, it is by some margin the less plausible possibility.

Last edited:
And told Hulk to lie too?

He's a great player, but unfortunately I doubt it was more than a friendly convo

Who knows? All I'm saying is that I do not think that we should necessarily take everything AVB says at face value. You wouldn't get very far as a manager if you always told the truth to the press and when it comes to potential transfer targets, telling the truth could be very expensive.

I don't think that we have a hope in hell of signing Hulk BTW

The tone of your post......"do you really believe that?".....implied that you considered Sandman's post to be somewhat naive. But perhaps I just inferred it.

Regardless, let me ask you this: do you really believe:

a) that if AVB wanted to tap up another club's player, he would choose somewhere so public to do so?
b) that if he wanted to tap up another club's player, he would need to take his fitness coach and first team coach with him?
c) that Spurs would be remotely interested in signing Hulk, given that his buyout clause is valued at not much less than £40 million?

Does it not seem plausible to you that he would want to introduce himself to a player who is likely to be pivotal for him during the upcoming season and that he likely won't get another chance to do so until shortly before the season? Does it not also seem plausible to you that the reason he would take his fitness coach with him on this visit is that they wanted to tell Sandro what is expected of him in terms of fitness and diet?

And finally, does it not seem plausible to you that, if AVB bumped into a former player with whom he enjoyed a highly successful season, he would stop to have an amicable chat which had nothing to do with business?

Of course, it is possible that AVB was trying to tap up a player. But there is no proof of it and, given all the circumstances, it is by some margin the less plausible possibility.

Jimmy, see my last post. I agree with you. The reason I asked the question is that Sandman appeared to be implying that AVB said something, so it must be true. I've got no idea why he was there. I'd image that he is enjoying the rumpus it's caused though, it does no harm to the profile of our club.

Jimmy, see my last post. I agree with you. The reason I asked the question is that Sandman appeared to be implying that AVB said something, so it must be true. I've got no idea why he was there. I'd image that he is enjoying the rumpus it's caused though, it does no harm to the profile of our club.

Ah! Okay, fella. My bad.

AVB has no problems lying to the press - he even told them the Spurs link was 'all lies' before he joined us. And he did the same before he joined Porto too.

But I think this time, it probably was just to meet Sandro. Who the feck is this Danilo to say who AVB can and cannot talk to, when it is one of his club players who he hasn't met yet? Douche.

Its a politically insensitive move, IMO. And especially foolish getting snapped doing it.

Im not convinced AVB was tapping up anyone, Im happy to think it was innocent and he was meeting Sandro.

That said, how it looks is all important, almost more so than how it is. We are reportedly dealing with Porto RE Moutinho, how will they feel if they see this as us tapping up Hulk? How will they want to deal with us then? If at all!

Its a politically insensitive move, IMO. And especially foolish getting snapped doing it.

Im not convinced AVB was tapping up anyone, Im happy to think it was innocent and he was meeting Sandro.

That said, how it looks is all important, almost more so than how it is. We are reportedly dealing with Porto RE Moutinho, how will they feel if they see this as us tapping up Hulk? How will they want to deal with us then? If at all!

That's only if we show an interest in Hulk. If we go about our business with Moutinho then there is no problem.

Back