• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. I just remember it from about this time last year. It was assumed they did it to smooth a transfer to Chelsea. They bought back Sporting's final 25% for about £3.5m.

Again from Wiki:

"The transfer fee was priced at €11 million, with €1 million being paid for 50% of the rights to central defender Nuno André Coelho. Additionally, Sporting would receive 25% of any added value occurring during that time frame, provided it surpassed the previous value. Soon after, Porto sold 37.5% of the player's economic rights to a third party, Mamers BV, for €4.125 million."

If it was what they would owe Sporting I don't think it was the part ownership, but rather a sell on fee that they might have bought out. A third party had the part ownership of him as stated above, Porto then re-acquired that in cooperation with another third party (or fourth party) that ended up with 15% or thereabouts. Again, according to Wiki, but there are some sources.

Again, unless you have a link to the contrary.

I think the too early to tell thing still stands. This season will be a big test for him.

That's if he gets any meaningful games. I don't know how they're planning to use Kagawa, but he's a #10 so that'll further limit Hernandez's game time, signing Van Persie would just about kill his chances of playing anything but cup games.

That's if he gets any meaningful games. I don't know how they're planning to use Kagawa, but he's a #10 so that'll further limit Hernandez's game time, signing Van Persie would just about kill his chances of playing anything but cup games.

I would expect them to play Kagawa in central midfield

No. I just remember it from about this time last year. It was assumed they did it to smooth a transfer to Chelsea. They bought back Sporting's final 25% for about £3.5m.

You really are stubborn. Serious question gutterboy how old are you? Most people I can make some sort of educated guess on but you just baffle my spidey senses?

I would expect them to play Kagawa in central midfield

Ferguson said last week he spoke to Grady and they both agreed long term powells best position will be as a centre mid fergie then went on to say kagawa will play further forward

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uka-Modric-exclusive-I-want-join-Chelsea.html

here you go

i dont know why we are trying to get some extreme revisionism at the last hour though

Daily Mail...

There is no extreme revisionism. Modric wants to leave. But he doesn't want to leave as much as Daily Mail seem to want him to. And they can stick their quotes up their ass, they'll stick quotation marks at whatever they like.

My argument is that last summer was made much worse than it was because we all have to read newspapers with an agenda. What happened to objective journalism? I suppose it doesn't sell...

Daily Mail...

There is no extreme revisionism. Modric wants to leave. But he doesn't want to leave as much as Daily Mail seem to want him to. And they can stick their quotes up their ass, they'll stick quotation marks at whatever they like.

My argument is that last summer was made much worse than it was because we all have to read newspapers with an agenda. What happened to objective journalism? I suppose it doesn't sell...

Reporting news is boring, creating the news on the other hand...

What does 'dibs' mean? I mean yeah sure if we get a player exchange like Sahin then 25m + Sahin is a great deal since that would make Sahin much cheaper than Moutinho, but just having 'dibs' on a player doesn't mean they'll actually agree to come (and wouldn't we still have to pay for their transfer then?). I'm hoping that's just the ITK's casual wording rather than some sort of floofy access-to-a-player option.

With Hernandez, I think his problem is that he's a poacher in an era where few top teams can carry a poacher (hell, certain teams don't even carry a striker ;)). I've seen great movement and obvious goalscoring ability from him but I don't think it's surprising SAF will rarely if ever start him.

Ultimately if we want to get anywhere with a non-442 formation we need those rare multidimensional strikers who get involved in build-up and link-up play along with 'goals from the sides'. In that sense I think the transition from Harry's team to AVB's system will be more difficult than hoped, since we've typically used wide playmakers and traditional wingers for an asymmetrical 442.

So the Spanish Tactic seems to be to get them to say they will only Join one club then offer less than what they are worth. Hope DL tells them to go F**K themselves!

And the endless tapping up through their own players saying in the media how much they want a certain player to join them.

I still think we will get Debuchy, a centre back, central midfielder and a striker.

Sounds like Debuchy is going to go on strike to try and force things, same agent as Hatem Ben Arfa, best mates with Cabaye.

I still think we will get Debuchy, a centre back, central midfielder and a striker.

Sounds like Debuchy is going to go on strike to try and force things, same agent as Hatem Ben Arfa, best mates with Cabaye.

Good ability sounds like a **** not sort of player I'd want at my club plays well will do same thing at yours demanding his move to united

A PHOTO taken in St Albans of Andre Villas-Boas with Porto and Brazil striker Hulk sparked internet transfer rumours earlier this week, but the Spurs boss last night [Wednesday] admitted he had not planned to meet the forward.

The Brazilian Olympic football squad, which also includes Tottenham midfielder Sandro, are staying in Hertfordshire ahead of the London 2012 Games.

The picture of the former Chelsea manager with the forward, famed for his powerful left foot shots, began circulating on social media websites earlier this week.

Speaking after his side’s 2-0 pre-season success over Stevenage at the Lamex Stadium, Villas-Boas said: “I went to see Sandro he’s a Tottenham player.

“Hulk is a very special player for me, I worked with him, we achieved in a very good year at Porto and the relationship is there.”

www.hertsad.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham_boss_villas_boas_on_that_photo_with_hulk_1_1451440

Good ability sounds like a **** not sort of player I'd want at my club plays well will do same thing at yours demanding his move to united

Ben Arfa did the same to come here and apart from a broken leg that has worked out well, he loves it here.

Debuchy has said he isn't going to turn up to pre season training as he has no intention of playing for LOSC again.

Ben Rosenthal ‏@Ben_Rosenthal
Hulk - "AVB is a good friend of mine was just a friendly chat. I still have a contract with Porto, I intend to stick to it until the end!"

That's all well and good Jordinho, however:

Danilo blasts Spurs boss AVB for visiting target Hulk at Brazil team hotel
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Porto’s Brazilian defender Danilo has criticised Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas for meeting his club-mate Hulk at Brazil’s team hotel after they arrived on Tuesday.

‘I did not like seeing Villas-Boas at the national team’s hotel,’ he wrote on Facebook.

‘This isn’t a market. It’s a workplace.’

Tottenham are interested in signing Chelsea target Hulk, but Villas-Boas is friends with the attacker so could have visited for other reasons than business.

Interesting no?

Back