• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Van Persie was to end up at Utd(unlikely imo), does anyone here think Hernandez would be gettable/worth it?

Maybe and no way. He's perfect to come off the bench and score against tiring defenses at United. As a regular starter elsewhere, nothing special.

Maybe and no way. He's perfect to come off the bench and score against tiring defenses at United. As a regular starter elsewhere, nothing special.

There was a "Buy all the players" or something like that jpeg around. For Chelsea, but could be used for QPR as well I think.

Who: Madrid Spur
When: 19th July
Where: FTL

Very close now apparently.

We wanted £40m and 5% sell on. Settled for considerably less with dibs on a player, dunno who.

Also

Hulk. Premiership bound but not Chelsea?
Moutinho. Complicated by 3rd party deal

PSG causing many clubs problems as paying big money up front so "small" teams looking to get max whack. Once PSG burned their cash things should move.

We wanted £40m and 5% sell on. Settled for considerably less with dibs on a player, dunno who.

Also

PSG causing many clubs problems as paying big money up front so "small" teams looking to get max whack. Once PSG burned their cash things should move.

What does "dibs" mean in this situation? If the player wants to go to us and we agree a fee and no one else out bids us we can sign him?

I'd like a "Get linked to all the players" for West Ham.

Serious "going to end up with Rasiak fears!"

As a regular starter elsewhere, nothing special.

Sorry but for me that is utter, utter nonsense

He a great striker with tremensous spatial awarness around the 18 yard box and lightning pace. Good finisher and still young and nowhere near his full potential as a player. Had a great first season but was cast aside in favour of Welbeck - would start in most top teams, fantastic player

"We interviewed many well-known and high profile figures but we truly believe Sean O'Driscoll is the best man for the job," Forest's owner said.

O'Driscoll was assistant to Cotterill for a while before taking over Crawley. Getting a Wolves deja vu here.

He a great striker with tremensous spatial awarness around the 18 yard box and lightning pace. Good finisher and still young and nowhere near his full potential as a player. Had a great first season but was cast aside in favour of Welbeck - would start in most top teams, fantastic player

It is my view that he is overrated and wouldn't be nearly as effective playing for a lesser team.

Also

That's just factually wrong because Porto bought out the remaining 25% from Sporting during last season.

That's just factually wrong because Porto bought out the remaining 25% from Sporting during last season.

From Wikipedia:

On 3 August 2011, Porto partnered with Soccer Invest Fund to buy back 37.5% of Moutinho's economic rights. The private investment fund acquired 15% after the overall transactions, while Porto recouped 22.5% for €4 million.

You have some links to the contrary?

By that same logic for me Welbeck should be a Stevenage / Barnsley player at best

I'm not saying he's poor, but he's made to look better by the team he plays for and his goalscoring stats aren't very useful as most of them come late in matches where he's a sub. He'd be priced far above his actual worth.

I think it is too early to say. He had a good first season but I think that is mainly because teams hadn't done their homework on him and defenders hadn't worked out how to play against him. When they did his form dipped off. Can he adapt his game and improve?

He s a confidence player for me, Milo. Being often benched in favour of the painfully average imv Welbeck along with a few minor injuries broke his rhythm for most of the season.

Rooney is naturally the king man so the other 2-3 strikers often fight for crums and are hardly ever given a solid run of 4-5 consecutive games to build up confidence and momentum. Look at Berbatov for example - class player who offers so much in the final third creativly, reduced to a shadow

From Wikipedia:

On 3 August 2011, Porto partnered with Soccer Invest Fund to buy back 37.5% of Moutinho's economic rights. The private investment fund acquired 15% after the overall transactions, while Porto recouped 22.5% for €4 million.

You have some links to the contrary?

No. I just remember it from about this time last year. It was assumed they did it to smooth a transfer to Chelsea. They bought back Sporting's final 25% for about £3.5m.

He s a confidence player for me, Milo. Being often benched in favour of the painfully average imv Welbeck along with a few minor injuries broke his rhythm for most of the season.

Rooney is naturally the king man so the other 2-3 strikers often fight for crums and are hardly ever given a solid run of 4-5 consecutive games to build up confidence and momentum. Look at Berbatov for example - class player who offers so much in the final third creativly, reduced to a shadow

I think the too early to tell thing still stands. This season will be a big test for him.

Back