• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When he had unlimited money at Emirates Marketing Project he did yeah!

But at QPR I think he's doing well within the budget, they are no Emirates Marketing Project.

Ji-Sung Park - £5m
Andy Johnson - Free
Ryan Nelsen - Free
Junior Hoilett - Free
Fabio - Loan
Bobby Zamora - £4m
Djibril Cisse - £4m
Nedum Onuoha - £2.5m

All good prices for experienced Prem players

They're all on ridiculous wages though.

Apparently Zamora is on around £80k. Ridiculous. Why else would he go from mid-upper table Fulham to a relegation battle with QPR.

They're all on ridiculous wages though.

Yes, and apart from Hoilett and possibly Onuoha they will have little to no sell-on value, get worse in the coming years and most likely need replacing within 2-3 years.

Decent deals all of them in isolation I think, but filling a team with older players on high wages is not really the way forward for them I would think.

I see they're linked to Santa Cruz as well. Certainly fills Hughes' main criteria: Previously played under me at another club.

When he had unlimited money at Emirates Marketing Project he did yeah!

But at QPR I think he's doing well within the budget, they are no Emirates Marketing Project.

Ji-Sung Park - £5m
Andy Johnson - Free
Ryan Nelsen - Free
Junior Hoilett - Free
Fabio - Loan
Bobby Zamora - £4m
Djibril Cisse - £4m
Nedum Onuoha - £2.5m

All good prices for experienced Prem players

Hoilett won't be free. It'll go to tribunal and he could cost them up to £5m.

Bit meh about Hoilett myself.

Because the club weren't ambitious enough.

They didn't want spend the amount of money Hughes required to build a team. My point is that other managers could achieve the results Hughes do without costing the club as much money.

I always thought he left because he thought he was getting the Villa job, only to then lose out to Alex McLeish :lol:

They didn't want spend the amount of money Hughes required to build a team. My point is that other managers could achieve the results Hughes do without costing the club as much money.

Hughes has done a decent job at every club he's been at. Of course he's going to favour a club that has money spend over one that doesn't, and of course he's going to use the club's finances to build the best possible squad.

I don't know how you can state other managers would do a similar job with less funding, it's very difficult to judge.

Hughes has done a decent job at every club he's been at. Of course he's going to favour a club that has money spend over one that doesn't, and of course he's going to use the club's finances to build the best possible squad.

I don't know how you can state other managers would do a similar job with less funding, it's very difficult to judge.

After he spent some time out prior to QPR I expected him to at least have looked around for some players, but he's just signing players he's worked with before.

After he spent some time out prior to QPR I expected him to at least have looked around for some players, but he's just signing players he's worked with before.

Yeah, I'm not sure what that's got to do with him spending too much money though. QPR were trying to avoid relegation, so probably a good idea to sign players he knew could perform. Would have been a big risk to sign players from foreign leagues.

Yeah, I'm not sure what that's got to do with him spending too much money though. QPR were trying to avoid relegation, so probably a good idea to sign players he knew could perform. Would have been a big risk to sign players from foreign leagues.

Get a two or three in to get them safety, sure. They're continuing down that path this summer, paying over the odds for players at the wrong end of their career. In a couple of seasons they need to replace them.

Get a two or three in to get them safety, sure. They're continuing down that path this summer, paying over the odds for players at the wrong end of their career. In a couple of seasons they need to replace them.

The thing is though - he's never left a club with old, ageing players that need replacing. I'm not sure he's got a reputation for doing so

If Van Persie was to end up at Utd(unlikely imo), does anyone here think Hernandez would be gettable/worth it?

The thing is though - he's never left a club with old, ageing players that need replacing. I'm not sure he's got a reputation for doing so

No, he hasn't, but I don't see any reasonable long term plan to what QPR are doing.

Back