• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive been a fan of Moutinho since we were linked with Veloso (about 5 or 6 years ago?) and so I started catching Sporting games. Moutinho is the one who impressed and still does. I thought he was incredible against Spain.

From smokeyidyid on SO about the Tavistock group:

Just recieved this from a gooner mate!!!

For those of you that are interested and have been wondering where the spuds have been getting their money from read on… for those of you who are not interested skip this post!!

I am currently on holiday in Mauritius staying at the Le Saint Geran and today i met Nico Van Ditmar, a director at The Tavistock Group which is owned by spuds “sugar daddy” Joe Lewis.
http://www.tavistock.com/

A piece came on the BBC World News about AVB and how he plans to take the spuds forward and we started talking footy. He started by telling me how he is a big spurs fan to which i retorted that i am a gooner, his next words were “Oh, we’ll soon be overtaking you guys in a big way” I asked him what he meant and he said “Lets just say that the gloves are off! Apparently, the one and only reason spurs de-listed themselves from the stock market recently was so that the The Tavistock Group i.e Joe Lewis, was able to pump funds and liquidity into spurs in a big way (non disclosure). They are just about to open a 67acre £45 million world class training facility in Enfield, this is the reason they have been able to attract AVB, Vertonghan and stole Sigurrdsen from Liverpool. They did not borrow any money to fund this build and it is considered that it will be one of the best if not the best facility at any football club in the world.

Bale is now on £105,000 per week and spurs are willing to pay Ade £140,000 to prise him away from City. City want £7 million but spuds only willing to pay £5 million Worst still, Modric (currently on £105,000pw) will not leave for less than 40 million euro’s and Real Madrid are his preferred option. Real are trying to dilute the transfer fee with Carvalho but spuds stance is that they want 40 million euro’s and will negotiate for Carvalho separately as he is one of AVB’s targets anyway. Modric is contracted until 2016 so spuds hold the upper hand in negotiations, if he leaves they WILL replace him with Moutinho who spuds think is a better player anyway, captained Portugal at 20 yrs old and more aggressive.

Hugo Lloris has chosen spurs over us, personal terms agreed but transfer fee is stumbling block, Lyon want 20 million euro’s spuds have offered 15 million, this Nico fella assured me he will be a spuds player by July 15th

Their new stadium build is at a cost of £450 million but they will only have to borrow £180 million!!!! Big daddy Joe is funding the rest!! To make things even worst AVB has been given a transfer kitty of £100 million to spend which must also include wages. This was the one and only reason Redknapp was sacked, it was decided that between Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis that Redknapp could not be trusted to take spuds forward in the way that they want given the commitment in funds the board are now making.

So there you have it maybe not from the horses mouth but definitely from near the arsehole area!! I asked him he if he could shed any light on Kronke and all he said was “He’s a very conservative fellow and keeps himself to himself so i can’t tell you much about him” He carried on by explaining that Lewis is a massive spurs fan and has always been spurs “petty cash” tin when they’ve needed it and that “you could not have a better owner of tottenham hostpur football club than Joe lewis”

Apologies if some of the transfer info is old hat as I’ve not been able to keep up with things and please don’t shoot the messenger!!

It does beg the question what the f**k is going on at Arsenal though doesn’t it? .

Some bits and bobs from Dragon1 on FTL yesterday:

Re: Oscar

Been told we are still very much in there for him,he may well end up at the bridge but not a foregone conclusion

AVB has told dl he wants as much biz done before we fly to la on 21st as possible so players can get used to each other ,moutino and ade should be done by then

Not done yet we are still trying as of this morning,he may well end up there though

Someone asked "We surely wouldn't sign him and Moutinho though?"

Yes we would buy both,luca is a goner ,no guarantees on toms fitness,Tim and AVB think we r light in midfield area

Re: Moutinho

moutino will happen

Re: Strikers

jd is a goner,will be ade,vdv,one other top striker plus kane we know we need strngthening up top too

Not exactly the best source but I'd be happy for Kane to stick around in the early stages of cup competitions and then most likely be loaned out, either to a prem club if he excells or to a championship club he'll definitely get games at. It sounded like Milwall would be more than happy to have him back.

It's good to see that we have made several moves before the pre season fully kicks off, a nice change.

And equally Sahin is no Moutinho. Moutinho knows AVB, knows his system, I genuinely think these are massive reasons to get him in.

He is quality (even if there are players you like more) and added to that he is already "up to speed" with the new managers ideas, this can only help massively with the transition the team must go through.

It could be the single most important signing that decides just how successful AVB is

Fully agreed.

I reckon that Danny boy will be able to knock the price down to the mid 20's - which would be acceptable, IMO.

Modric, Charlie and Niko out basically pays for Sigurdsson, Vertonghen, Ade and Moutinho. In transfer fees anyway. Should leave us good to get in Lloris and maybe one more.

From smokeyidyid on SO about the Tavistock group:

i don't buy any of that

Joe Lewis doesn't strike me as the type of person to throw loads of money at a Football Club - why not do it earlier when we didn't have to compete with the likes of Abramovich and the Sheiks ?

Last edited:
2012-07-14_1635.png

This is what i hope is the line up come Saudi Sportswashing Machine if we sign everyone we are heavily linked to.

Neither do I, unless Lewis at his age has decided to roll the dice.

i do find it strange though that we're seemingly ditching our wage structure - anyone know how much extra the new tv deal nets us ? maybe it's down to that, that we think we can up one or two players wages ?

if he was going to be pumping in loads of cash surely we'd be giving Modric a 100k contract and getting him to stay

also the training ground costs were covered by a bank loan i seem to think ??

i think that post is purely some deluded Gooner trying to make sense of us seemingly showing some ambition in the market - i think it's down to two things - firstly, Levy not being sold on Redknapps transfer targets the past few windows so we have a bit of wedge in reserve and secondly the new tv deal

Last edited:
A part of me believes we're not selling Modric - not sure why but I think he plays another season here.

Back