• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yea i'd be hoping for a little more from Modric tbh, a 40m package would sell him for me.

It's looking likely that Moutinho is 1st choice replacement and he's looking like costing 30m, i'd be looking to clear more than 5m on the sale of Modric and his replacement.

The problem is Porto know how much money we have after getting rid of Modric. They also know Moutinho is a direct replacement. You cant really blame Porto for wanting 30 mill can you?

yea i'd be hoping for a little more from Modric tbh, a 40m package would sell him for me.

It's looking likely that Moutinho is 1st choice replacement and he's looking like costing 30m, i'd be looking to clear more than 5m on the sale of Modric and his replacement.

I agree fully. Far from a good deal to replace Modric with Moutinho with only a 5m profit. Although if we're "forced" into selling Modric it might still be the best deal for us.

It's an interesting one.

Aquilani's agent is saying he's staying at Liverpool, but with two years on his contract they'll either have to extend or cut their losses come next season, I'd honestly take a punt on him for <8m, he seems to be able to move the ball with his feet well but perhaps doesn't have the passing range. If that'd leave us with 25m from the modric deal to sort out our need for strikers and some proper cover on the wings I'd be happy.

A midfield pool of Sandro, Aquilani, Livermore, Gylfi, Parker and Huddlestone and Verts for cover would be a very good midfield with a range of options as to how we would want to play.

If we make 5-10M profit from Modric going and us getting his replacement, I'm ok.

Would be nice to make a bigger profit, but I think we have two priorities

- Not leave the team with a whole ala Carrick/Berbs
- We actually need to let Modric go if he wants, while our goal is not to be a selling club, it's not a bad message to upcoming great players that if you establish yourself at Spurs, you could move on to Manure/Madrid (biggest clubs in the world).

It's an interesting one.

Aquilani's agent is saying he's staying at Liverpool, but with two years on his contract they'll either have to extend or cut their losses come next season, I'd honestly take a punt on him for <8m, he seems to be able to move the ball with his feet well but perhaps doesn't have the passing range. If that'd leave us with 25m from the modric deal to sort out our need for strikers and some proper cover on the wings I'd be happy.

A midfield pool of Sandro, Aquilani, Livermore, Gylfi, Parker and Huddlestone and Verts for cover would be a very good midfield with a range of options as to how we would want to play.

The guy at Liverpool? No fukking way? He makes Ledley look injury free and full of vigour. No, no, no

They have to have them due to Spanish law I think.

Correct, under employment law in Spain there has to be a way out of a contract (basically, a UK footballer is like a slave and has no way out of a contract) - i believe there is a formula to working out the fee. Think its the same in Italy and Portugal amongst others.

The guy at Liverpool? No fukking way? He makes Ledley look injury free and full of vigour. No, no, no

Managed 34 games for Juve in 10/11, then 25 in 11/12 for Milan and I think he would have played more had it not been for triggering an expensive clause with Liverpool. Think he's over his injury probems. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finally show his quality for Liverpool this season

Mate of mine is a Milan ST holder and says Aquilani hasnt impressed out there whatsoever.

I think at this point he is more of a risk that Moutinho (the strongest linked)

Moutinho has matured nicely, bossed it in Portugal and won everything out there - and has now proven himself on the international stage. Besides which he would be brilliant for AVB in bedding his ideas into the team.

And equally Sahin is no Moutinho. Moutinho knows AVB, knows his system, I genuinely think these are massive reasons to get him in.

He is quality (even if there are players you like more) and added to that he is already "up to speed" with the new managers ideas, this can only help massively with the transition the team must go through.

It could be the single most important signing that decides just how successful AVB is

Managed 34 games for Juve in 10/11, then 25 in 11/12 for Milan and I think he would have played more had it not been for triggering an expensive clause with Liverpool. Think he's over his injury probems. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finally show his quality for Liverpool this season

Nope, not for me

Mate of mine is a Milan ST holder and says Aquilani hasnt impressed out there whatsoever.

I think at this point he is more of a risk that Moutinho (the strongest linked)

Moutinho has matured nicely, bossed it in Portugal and won everything out there - and has now proven himself on the international stage. Besides which he would be brilliant for AVB in bedding his ideas into the team.

i think moutinho would actually be more value for our team than modric actually...ina different way. modders has rare skill for a CM play maker with the ball at his feet...but now that it looks like he is leaving i can pretty muh say that those extra talents arent 'necessary'....i ave liked moutinho for quite some time and never understood why he wasnt the first person out of Portugal....actually the fact that he stayed there made me think that there was something i was missing from not watching Portuguese footy.

but if he comes i will be ecstatic

Back