• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
depends very much on the intelligence of our players.....can they take on board his ideas

according to GB , we are going to be bossing it inside the opposition half, with a high line none the less...Barca style baby. Just sit back and chill......going to be a great season for sure according to some.

I find it very difficult to make my mind up when it comes to goalkeepers unless they are obviously crap. So much of it comes down to consistency that I really think you have to watch 10-15 games to say anything at all.

Lloris seems to be good with the ball at his feet, great shot stopper and he's young and experienced. Good combination in my eyes and several France managers have rated him by the looks of it so that's another sign. AVB and the scouts will have had plenty of chances to watch him by now so if he wants him that's enough for me.

according to GB , we are going to be bossing it inside the opposition half, with a high line none the less...Barca style baby. Just sit back and chill......going to be a great season for sure according to some.

:)

GB exaggerating??? surely not

West Ham are set to launch another bid for Spanish forward Joselu as the 22-year-old nears the Bernabeu exit door.

Joselu, 22, has emerged as one of the hottest young forwards in Europe after his goalscoring exploits for Real Madrid B.
The 22-year-old, who was born in Germany, scored 26 goals as the reserve side secured promotion to the second tier of Spanish football.
However, according to Spanish newspaper Marca, the Spain under-21 international is seeking a move away from the capital club as he fears he will not be able to break into Jose Mourinho’s first-team.
West Ham have already seen a £4.4m bid for Joselu turned down, with the Spanish giants holding out for at least £6.3m.
And West Ham will have to be swift if they want to land the 22-year-old, with German Bundesliga sides Hoffenheim and Borussia Moenchengladbach monitoring the forward’s availability.

seriously, how many strikers do the spammers want

Quick question on Lloris since quite a few are saying that he's not good at dealing with crosses.

Do people think that coming for crosses is something that keepers can learn?

I ask because I (naively perhaps) am of the opinion that most skills can be learned and I don't understand why judging the flight of a cross and making a decision weather to come for it or not and then catching or punching a ball that's flying through the air should be impossible to improve on on a training ground.

Signing Lloris would be a step towards that. Now we only have to teach Kaboul and Walker to pass the ball better (will take a while), then teach Sandro or Parker to pass the ball better, or play Hudd as the defensive midfielder.

Paul O Keefe ‏@pokeefe1
Rumour time.....JD to Reading. Fee agreed, Up to player. #THFC #COYS

ReadingFC News @ReadingFC__News
Strong rumours #readingfc have agreed a fee with #THFC and terms with Jermaine Defoe. It's now up to the player. #HTFC#MovingOn

Who: jase_ace_uk
Where: SO
When: 10/07/12

jase_ace_uk said:
Take it or leave it.

As many already know my source is my father in law who is a scout at Wigan Athletic. I have been told that we have expressed an interest in Victor Moses.

On this day 10/07/1978 Spurs shocked the football world by signing Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa. Legends

ReadingFC News @ReadingFC__News
Strong rumours #readingfc have agreed a fee with #THFC and terms with Jermaine Defoe. It's now up to the player. #HTFC#MovingOn

Not the biggest Defoe fan so not unhappy to hear this. And if Levy has agreed a free for an outgoing player we know it wont be cheap!!! He's 29 and wont improve much so if we get a decent offer I would take it and get someone else in

Back