• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JJetset on rumours VDV is leaving:

"Fortunately for you and Tottenham it is not (true). AVB likes VDV #dontgetridofyourbestplayers‬"

So if we collect up various tweets, ITK ramblings and rumours we are close on Ade for £5m, Lloris is getting closer at £13.5m and we've agreed a fee for Moutinho?

What kind of sorcery is this?!

Seems we've finally decided on what players we want.

Wide attacking player with pace and great promise who never managed to crack it and is soon to be 'released'

So both are wide attacking players who weren't good enough for Barca... One failed so thus signing the other would be silly?

Not buying that, but we disagree to the point of disagreeing about what fundamentals are so not much point in discussing it unless we actually sign the guy.

I'm starting to think AVB and DL have a serious eye on a title tilt over the next couple of seasons. Maybe not next, but the one after that.

JJetset on rumours VDV is leaving:

"Fortunately for you and Tottenham it is not (true). AVB likes VDV #dontgetridofyourbestplayers‬"

Either that or the fact that he's leading out away shirt promos.

Do clubs tend to sell the players that have spearheaded their new shirt photo campaigns?

We don't actually know that we're not in for him do we? Although if he does end up going to Liverpool i would probably be a safe assumption...

i'm thinking of the fact that lennon is the only first team established PURE winger we have at the club. no competition for his place on the field

someone like afellay at the very least would make an excellent squad player

I'm starting to think AVB and DL have a serious eye on a title tilt over the next couple of seasons. Maybe not next, but the one after that.

No more quick fixes and stop gaps to maintain our current position, but rather build a team that will improve over time into something even better.

So both are wide attacking players who weren't good enough for Barca... One failed so thus signing the other would be silly?

Not buying that, but we disagree to the point of disagreeing about what fundamentals are so not much point in discussing it unless we actually sign the guy.

But if that is the player AVB likes/wants - why not keep Gio instead and save 10-12m or whatever those tossers would demand for him?

Completely pointeless signing which doesn't improve the team/squad one notch and adds to a position of considerably low priority. Geezus - our only striker is Jermain 'blast the ball as hard as you can and hope' Defoe and our keeper is about to draw his pension! I'd say AVB has bigger holes to plug

Plus we just signed Sigg, mind you

Either that or the fact that he's leading out away shirt promos.

Do clubs tend to sell the players that have spearheaded their new shirt photo campaigns?

In the opposite direction to this then..

Does the fact that Modric is not a part of the shirt photo campaign make you think he's more likely to be out?

Edit: Plus Dawson is on both the home and away boards.. 8-[

Back