• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rebrab on SC:

One very little snippet worth mentioning - there will be no RVP-esque statements from Modric this summer.

Levy has basically told him that if he comes out with a statement like that to the media, we won't sell him.

uhhhhhh modric doesn't have a year left on his contract though? modric can't make a statement like that really, can he?

Why doesn't Levy plant some fake quotes from Modric into the Sun.

Luka Modric in 'I only want to quit Spurs if they recieve 50 million' bombshell

-Spurs midfielder says 'I have a market value assigned by Spurs that has to be met if clubs want my services, as Chelsea realized to their cost last season'

-Midfield maestro also praises the drive, desire, ambition and good looks of Spurs chairman D.Levy

- 'He's the most beautiful chairman I've ever seen'

Yep. 100 percent convincing. :D

Rebrab on SC:

One very little snippet worth mentioning - there will be no RVP-esque statements from Modric this summer.

Levy has basically told him that if he comes out with a statement like that to the media, we won't sell him.

How could he possibly know that? At least make it plausible Rebrab you pillock.

Manager sorted, backroom team getting there, Caulker and Bale signing extensions, Verts and Siggy officially announced, Ade 99% done.

We're in a really bad position alright.

But all the press and fans from other clubs said we were done for if we got rid of Harry, surely everybody will be leaving

WALOB !!!

But all the press and fans from other clubs said we were done for if we got rid of Harry, surely everybody will be leaving

WALOB !!!

This is what makes the Bale/Caulker extensons and the new signings all the sweeter for me.

This has been a cracking 7 days for us IMO

Where would you play Sig in AVB's 4-3-3 then if not thst right inside forward position?

Think he doesn't retain the ball well enough (he's too direct) or work hard enough defensively to be one of the midfield 3.

Still on that? He is absolutely no where near going to be in one of the forward positions for us.

If that signing on fee for Ade is correct then that has to be the transfer coup of the summer. Even if it is not 100% accurate, I think signing Ade could be our best signing of the summer. Excellent work Danny.

i do agree with that. however we in this case his wages would be quite a significant part of the entire deal. if his wages is truly exorbitant by normal standards, the converse financial logic would apply - the longer we keep him the costlier he would be...

but I trust levy understands the need to keep our wage bill in check and have something already worked out for the "worst case scenario" (think Bentley).

Football Juice ‏@Football_Juice

#BreakingNews - Tottenham agree fee with Dortmund for Polish forward, Robert Lewandowski. More as we get it. #THFC #FBJ

I am not saying I believe this, but a nice thought nonetheless

I posted a video of him earlier, and one of Falcao (at Porto, not Madrid) - while their finishing styles are different they look very similar to me in the position they play in the team and the positions they take up on the field - if AVB is going for his Porto set up it seems quite logical IMO

I am not saying I believe this, but a nice thought nonetheless

That would be very encouraging, he's looked classy every time I've seen him. Another one of the wonderful players at Dortmund. I know they've signed Reus already, but have they signed any strikers? I would be surprised if they were so willing to let Kagawa and Lewandowski both walk in the same window, unless this alleged deal is worth some serious money.

I posted a video of him earlier, and one of Falcao (at Porto, not Madrid) - while their finishing styles are different they look very similar to me in the position they play in the team and the positions they take up on the field - if AVB is going for his Porto set up it seems quite logical IMO

i saw those videos. quality supply from both sides to result in those goals. gotta wonder why Man U didn't want to buy the lewandowski- kagawa partnership instead of kagawa alone.

I guess with Hernandz, Welbeck and Rooney it wasnt seen as necessary?

I think there is similarity in how both were used in those videos though, which adds a certain amount of sense (although not credibility!) to the rumour

Football Juice ‏@Football_Juice

The agreed fee for Robert Lewandowski is believed to be in the region of €20million, with goal based add-ons

Back