• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly think I'd prefer Cabaye over Sahin and Moutinho. Mainly due to the fact he's played in English game and he looked outstanding last season. I like Sahin but he had a very bad injury last year and do we need to wait for someone to bed in? Moutinho too a bit inconsistent and can blow hot or cold.

Everytime i've seen Sahin (well mostly highlights and occasional games in his dortmund days) he's looked impressive. Cabaye i like but nah i'd prefer Sahin.

Anyway what if United were willing to offer Anderson plus ££££££? personally i think he has a lot of potential but i'd much prefer Cleverly and £££££.

Everytime i've seen Sahin (well mostly highlights and occasional games in his dortmund days) he's looked impressive. Cabaye i like but nah i'd prefer Sahin.

Anyway what if United were willing to offer Anderson plus ££££££? personally i think he has a lot of potential but i'd much prefer Cleverly and £££££.

I agree about Sahin, watched him quite a bit for Dortmund. If Modric leaves he would be the one I hope we get, like you say about the money as well as I think he would leave us with more money to strengthen other areas as well.

I like Cabaye too, but he won't be cheap or anything close to it at this point. Anderson and Cleverley both have some potential, but I wouldn't be happy with that at all tbh.

Never been impressed with Anderson. I just don't know what role he's supposed to play at United. I mean sometimes they've played him deep at times theyve played him attacking, I believe he has like 4 goals and 2 assists in something like 4 or 5 years at United now?

I take it you didn't watch Oscar last night then GB as he looked very good playing as a right forward. If he were to sign then I can see him competing with Lennon in his first season and gradually get more chances centrally once VDV has left the building.

Where would you play Sig in AVB's 4-3-3 then if not thst right inside forward position?

Think he doesn't retain the ball well enough (he's too direct) or work hard enough defensively to be one of the midfield 3.

The point of a midfield 3 is that you can afford someone in the centre who has less defensive responsibility and freedom to attack.

Sigurdsson is very good at hunting and winning the ball in the final 3rd, also very good at holding it and finding support.

If we look at a 433 then the obvious place for Sigurdsson is the top of the middle 3, with then a striker ahead and two wide forwards to bring in...

Where would you play Sig in AVB's 4-3-3 then if not thst right inside forward position?

Think he doesn't retain the ball well enough (he's too direct) or work hard enough defensively to be one of the midfield 3.

Do you not think he was part of the midfield 3 at Swansea?

He actually has been getting quite a bit of praise for his work rate and stamina.

Competing with VDV(if he's still here) at the top of the central three alongside Sandro and Luka/replacement.

If that signing on fee for Ade is correct then that has to be the transfer coup of the summer. Even if it is not 100% accurate, I think signing Ade could be our best signing of the summer. Excellent work Danny.

Manager sorted, backroom team getting there, Caulker and Bale signing extensions, Verts and Siggy officially announced, Ade 99% done.

We're in a really bad position alright.

Manager sorted, backroom team getting there, Caulker and Bale signing extensions, Verts and Siggy officially announced, Ade 99% done.

We're in a really bad position alright.

Durham will still put a negative spin on it to bait the callers. But dont care, great news, couldnt celebrate until it was on the OS, but its on there now

That will ding-dang-do for me

He doesn't work hard defensively? you obviously haven't watched him much.

Back