• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree. With The Sig as well, that's a new spine to our team already.

Add a genuine Modric replacement, an Ade backup and a keeper or two, and we'll be in great shape.

Add Sig to the equation and it's fudging £25m for two proven Premier League talents and a brilliant defender in Vertonghen, that is amazing. Can you imagine what we could do with £35-40m of Modric's money if he does leave, unreal

JJetset saying we have no interest in Lewandoski any more, Oscar and Damiao highly unlikely, strikers coming in will be Ade + 1, things are changing as it's been a busy week with new staff

Add Sig to the equation and it's fudging £25m for two proven Premier League talents and a brilliant defender in Vertonghen, that is amazing. Can you imagine what we could do with £35-40m of Modric's money if he does leave, unreal

I agree, brilliant business if Levy can make it happen.

Ade will of course cost more with wages etc, but no more in wages than most top 4 and top 6 clubs pay their strikers so still good business in my opinion.

I am sorry but Sig is not a proven premiership talent YET. People will lynch me and i dont care but he has only played 18 games in the premiership.

Unless he played before for Reading in the premiership and I cant remember. Im uber skeptical about Sig. He will most probably prove me wrong bu I will reserve judgement like I say.

I am sorry but Sig is not a proven premiership talent YET. People will lynch me and i dont care but he has only played 18 games in the premiership.

Unless he played before for Reading in the premiership and I cant remember. Im uber skeptical about Sig. He will most probably prove me wrong bu I will reserve judgement like I say.

He's still used to the English game though. It's not like he'd have to come in pre-season and play a few games to get used to the english leagues. He's been there and done it before. 18 games is short you are right but it's better than signing someone for example with absolutely 0 games of the same quality.

I agree, brilliant business if Levy can make it happen.

Ade will of course cost more with wages etc, but no more in wages than most top 4 and top 6 clubs pay their strikers so still good business in my opinion.

¨

agree with you. Must admit i have'nt seen Sigurdsson more than highlights on norwegian TV. By the looks of it he has a rather cracking shot. Adebayor is a good, contributing complete forward. Never seen Verthongen, but hopefully he is as good as his reviews :)

He's still used to the English game though. It's not like he'd have to come in pre-season and play a few games to get used to the english leagues. He's been there and done it before. 18 games is short you are right but it's better than signing someone for example with absolutely 0 games of the same quality.

He has only played 18 games in the prem but has about 60 games in English football so he is not new to the English game.

JJetset saying we have no interest in Lewandoski any more, Oscar and Damiao highly unlikely, strikers coming in will be Ade + 1, things are changing as it's been a busy week with new staff

I suspect we moved for Sig as our plan b, after Oscar was our plan a and we'd guaged that that wasn't going to happen. Makes no sense to sign both of them.

Leandro was an old target - I guess AVB has his own idea for an Ade back-up. Someone less well known but with even more potential.

I have a lot of faith in AVB when it comes to transfers. The guy obviously has great knowledge of the world game. Mata, Meireles and Romeu were all very smart signings.

Unfortunately I think at about 2/3 of the Modric money will have to be spent on a replacement - Moutinho probably, but possibly Sahin or Cabaye.

It will still leave us with another c.£10m towards the 2nd #9 or GK fund.

I take it you didn't watch Oscar last night then GB as he looked very good playing as a right forward. If he were to sign then I can see him competing with Lennon in his first season and gradually get more chances centrally once VDV has left the building.

Back