• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham are set to sign CSKA Moscow's Russia international Alan Dzagoev, according to his father.

Full story: Daily Mail
Wigan's Victor Moses

Victor Moses is a target for several Premier League clubs

Wigan have warned Liverpool and Chelsea that they want at least £12m for Victor Moses, 21.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Emirates Marketing Project manager Roberto Mancini is playing down the chances of a move for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

Full story: The Sun

Croatian striker Danijel Pranjic, 31, says he would be "honoured" to join Everton after leaving Bayern Munich as a free agent.

Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is available at the right price according to club president Jean-Michel Aulas - and that has put Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool on alert.

EURO 2012

Arsene Wenger has ruled out leaving Arsenal to replace Laurent Blanc as France manager.

Italy striker Mario Balotelli's shirtless goal celebration has been copied by a striker in Japan.

Full story: Metro
OTHER GOSSIP

Former Tottenham midfielder Graham Roberts insists that Andre Villas-Boas won't face any dressing room unrest at White Hart Lane.

Full story: talkSPORT
Bolton striker Marvin Sordell

Marvin Sordell is set to make the GB Olympic squad

Bolton striker Marvin Sordell has won a surprise call-up to Stuart Pearce's GB Olympic football squad.

Full story: The Guardian

Adam Johnson will seek assurances over his Emirates Marketing Project future when he holds talks with manager Roberto Mancini this week.

Five-a-side football teams are being asked to pay VAT on pitch hire in a move that could see players give up the sport.

Full story: Daily Telegraph
AND FINALLY...

A Hungarian TV station decided to recreate every group-stage game at Euro 2012 - using bikini models.

"A very big news"???

Some very big news, surely, to be grammatically correct.

Which means that, unless Jacob is only semi literate (not entirely impossible for an "itk"), my guess is that it's his shot at being cryptic - A Very Big news.

So no stadium, but 3 new players then? I can live with that, for now.

"A very big news"???

Some very big news, surely, to be grammatically correct.

Which means that, unless Jacob is only semi literate (not entirely impossible for an "itk"), my guess is that it's his shot at being cryptic - A Very Big news.

\o/

That photo looks like the old Brompton Road, SW3 to me. Could be from last year.

Or he's picking up his final 1 July severance cheque from Roman, and some bits and pieces he left behind in his desk at the Bridge (staplers etc) before the big announcement later today.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Hello there!

Commendable monicker!

Express say gylfi signing today for us.....

Hopefully it'll be sorted one way or other asap so that we can then start focussing on players which we actually need (ie 2*CF, a back-up winger and a CB....plus a GK would also be nice)

I seriously dont understand where all the hysteria re Gylfi has come from....even last year when he was scoring regularly GG wasnt anyhwere near as in love with him as it is now. Maybe its just because that Liverpoo want him then suddenly he's more attractive?!?

I always wondered what shirt new signings would lift? Ours hasnt been released, our training kit hasnt been released and cant really lift the old one

Hopefully it'll be sorted one way or other asap so that we can then start focussing on players which we actually need (ie 2*CF, a back-up winger and a CB....plus a GK would also be nice)

I seriously dont understand where all the hysteria re Gylfi has come from....even last year when he was scoring regularly GG wasnt anyhwere near as in love with him as it is now. Maybe its just because that Liverpoo want him then suddenly he's more attractive?!?

You cant buy playuers in order of preference, it just doesnt happen. So you have to buy them when they become available/opportunistically.

I think we do 'need' Sigurdsson. VDV is the only goalscoring midfielder we have, and is frequently injured. Sigurdsson will strengthen the squad significantly.

As to his attraction? There were plenty who were big fans last season, but IMO the majority just saw a Reading reject playing at a newly promoted side with distain.

However, now it looks likely he will sign they will naturally look at him in a more positive light. Equally, after the half season he had at Swansea more are "noticing" what he can do

Whenever Liverpool sign someone they automatically become world class in their eyes. Could be a bit of the same.

I always wondered what shirt new signings would lift? Ours hasnt been released, our training kit hasnt been released and cant really lift the old one

New kit is released next week isnt it?

My guess is announcements made tomorrow or so, press conference with the new manager (sooner rather than later!) and all the promotional stuff next week - if we even do it (which often we dont)

Actually, thinking about it, are we likely to hold back on any player announcements for a short while so the new manager can be revealed first?

Would look a bit odd if we did it all at once!

"This is our *ahem* new manager, and theses are his signings! No he didnt start until this morning, we knocked these buys out in about 10 minutes...."

if the club has found a new manager, why not just post an article on the homepage welcoming the new guy bla bla bla, and then say the official presentation will be on lets say weds or thurs

what the fcuk is with all the mystery, i mean if it is AVB then the whole world already knows about it anyway. There is no big surprise

whats the big fricken secrecy, waiting, fan torture

New kit is released next week isnt it?

My guess is announcements made tomorrow or so, press conference with the new manager (sooner rather than later!) and all the promotional stuff next week - if we even do it (which often we dont)

Actually, thinking about it, are we likely to hold back on any player announcements for a short while so the new manager can be revealed first?

Would look a bit odd if we did it all at once!

"This is our *ahem* new manager, and theses are his signings! No he didnt start until this morning, we knocked these buys out in about 10 minutes...."

it should be manager first, then players, and finally the kit with manager, players in attendance.

Back