• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've lacked a goalscoring central midfielder for years.
And no VdV can't play there in the Premier League.

We play 442 so yeah we wouldnt generally have had a midfielder to score a tonne of goals.

433 yeah we might but if we had a limited amount of money I would use the 8m plus get another 15-17m and buy Moutinho. Im thinkin along the lines of finances. Now obviously if we get rid of modric for 30 odd million we will have enough for Moutinho anyways.

Be a bit gutted if we don't get Siggy now, it will just show he really was only coming to us for the money.

Fair enough Liverpool are a big club, and his old manager would be there, but really we have finished above them for 3 years, we have offered more money, and have him completely on the hook only for him to then chose Liverpool, even if they up their offer, it's a bit saddening. Rodgers seems to be a fine coach and has worked with him before but is he really that great that Siggy would follow him round for his career?

He could join a squad full of talent that is at least a year or two ahead of Liverpool in its development. It seems like if we were going for him when it looked nailed on that Liverpool would get him that we would consider him pretty vital to whatever system we are going to play, and to miss out after making a big push, it's a little embarassing. Not massively, because there are obvious pulls for him to go to Pool, but to hijack a transfer and then fail to pull it off...it's a bit lame.

Be a bit gutted if we don't get Siggy now, it will just show he really was only coming to us for the money.

Fair enough Liverpool are a big club, and his old manager would be there, but really we have finished above them for 3 years, we have offered more money, and have him completely on the hook only for him to then chose Liverpool, even if they up their offer, it's a bit saddening. Rodgers seems to be a fine coach and has worked with him before but is he really that great that Siggy would follow him round for his career?

He could join a squad full of talent that is at least a year or two ahead of Liverpool in its development. It seems like if we were going for him when it looked nailed on that Liverpool would get him that we would consider him pretty vital to whatever system we are going to play, and to miss out after making a big push, it's a little embarassing. Not massively, because there are obvious pulls for him to go to Pool, but to hijack a transfer and then fail to pull it off...it's a bit lame.

To be honest mate, of course money plays a big part in a decision like this, but the managerial situation does as well IMHO. He got burnt in Germany when a new manager came in and basically froze him out, even though he'd been Hoffenheim's best player the season before. At 'pool he knows exactly what he's getting with a manager that's been really good to him. It's a far safer move for him personally, although I'm sure he's been told who'll take over here and been given the grand plan for the future, things are really uncertain over here at the moment.

But in terms of boom or bust, we're it in a heartbeat. Much bigger upside, a few signings a way from being a legitimate top 3 contender, new training ground and stadium on the way etc. Tomorrow we will see I guess... :)

Awu_s_tCIAEWzF-jpg-large.jpg

POTL in the background

LYON have put Tottenham on red alert by confirming goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is available for transfer.

France No1 Lloris is rated at around £15million and would provide stiff competition for 41-year-old Brad Friedel at White Hart Lane.

And Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has opened the door for the 25-year-old to leave France for North London.

He said: "Lloris can go, but only for a decent price in relation to the market."

Lloris played a key part in helping Lyon win the French Cup last season.

Matt Sprake ‏@NewsPics_Ltd
AVB, big Arab money, big name signings, all by Wednesday my lovelies!!!

Some AVB related ITK:

My sister came to visit today. One of her friends has recently dated one of the Spurs Midfielders (I wont name him; but she also got 'jiggy' last season with one of Arsenal's forwards as well; I wont name him either but you're getting the picture of the type of girl and the kinds of circles she moves).

Last night apparently she met up with said Midfielder and some other people, probabaly spurs circles (my sister only knew the midfielder was there) for a night out (drinks/clubbing etc) and apparently my sister's friend was told that the new manager is definately AVB. Seems the players already know and this may explain Bale's signature etc.

Last edited:
Looks he's personally showing Doumbia around the city. Hands-on manager, good stuff.

Racist.

On a side note.. I say we bring in Oscar and that moutinho guy. Should make things easier for us and confuse the opposition with a portuguese speaking midfield.

It's ok us being linked to possible Modric replacements and competition for VDV but we are still in desperate need of back up for Lennon and Bale as well as 2 strikers.

Back