• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can see why there are people at the club that don't like Roberts much.

Don't think you'd be able to tell him anything in confidence, would you!

Graham Roberts has just stated on the radio that his sources into the club have informed him that the AVB deal will be announced within the next 2 days together with details of "Arab investment" into the club

Interesting..

Although i think i am going to assume that the 'investment' is going to be likely a stadium sponsorship deal, or something of that sort.. If they frontload it perhaps Levy would use some of the money for signings.. though i would doubt that, as the prudent option is to pay off the stadium as soon as possible, which is the option i think Levy would most approve..

That he may do but both of those are rumours well heard over the last few weeks so he could be right.

The thing is, these kinds of rumours tend to be recycled. The people who are telling GR this info have probably heard the same stories themselves rather than being genuinely itk. Most people involved in football know as little or as much about what is really going on with regard to transfers, buyouts etc as those of us who just follow it on the internet.

That's not to say that GR's info is wrong. Just that it might originally have come from people posting on internet forums.

pen-mont-blanc-dupont-dunhill-cartler-stationery-17063068003.jpg
? ;)

We're appointing Garry Parker as Coach from Celtic???

From Ledley's statement a while back, seemed like it was a case that if he can't play for us, he won't play anywhere else.

He's got the heart of a lion. If there's any chance of getting back playing, he does his damn hardest to do it.

Generally I do not think players need testimonials but I think there are exceptions and Ledley is one of them

Jacob has clarified that Ledley has had to retire.

Well, if it is true it's a sad day, but I prefer to see him retire, rather than try to play on, only to be a shadow of his former self. I trust the club will find a suitable role for our great captain.

So if reports are to be believed we are going to smash our wage cap and buy good players on big wages?

Even though it would be nice to compete with the big teams in terms of wages i would hate us to go down the road of Chelsea / City.

We should be able to sign someone better than Ade, never have I seen such a waster i front of goal. The guy cant finish of chances.. it's unreal. I know he offers a lot with his general play, but that is not enough IMO.

20 league goals last season, all things being equal.

plenty good enough.

So if reports are to be believed we are going to smash our wage cap and buy good players on big wages?

Even though it would be nice to compete with the big teams in terms of wages i would hate us to go down the road of Chelsea / City.

Depends how we are affording these wages i'd assume. I would hate to go down the Chelsea/City route. But that is not the only way to afford larger wages. primarily a bigger stadium would be, secondary better/new sponsorship deals. I would think we'd see one or the other before increasing the wage brackets...

Brynjar Ingi Erluson ‏@brynjarerluson

-According to sources. LFC boosted Gylfi's wages to compete with Spurs. Not saying Gylfi is LFC bound, but they are back in the mix. #TheSig

Bongani Khumalo is set to join Greek side PAOK Thessaloniki on a season-long loan deal from Tottenham.

The Bafana Bafana defender will be hoping to reignite his career after failing to make an impact at White Hart Lane.

Now, the 25-year-old's agent claims that the only thing which is holding up the deal going through is an agreement over the player's personal terms.

Glyn Binkin says he will travel to Greece with the former Preston and Reading loanee later this week to complete the deal.

"The clubs have agreed and the player and myself will be travelling to Greece this week with a view to agreeing and finalising the player's personal terms for the loan deal," Binkin told KickOff.com.

Khumalo joined the north London club from Supersport United for a fee in the region of £1.5 million in January 2011 after the centre-back impressed during a trial.

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7857723/

Back