• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would we sign Gylfi just because VdV has two years left on his contract?!?!? We'd just extend VdV's deal......!

Cant see VdV going anywhere - he's one of the 3 best players we have

New manager, new system could equate to no place in the side for VDV. Until the new manager is named and we see what he has planned we just don't know. I can't realistically see where VDV fits into a genuine 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 for example.

Why would you drive from Heathrow, through the city ad west end, to Canary Wharf? Complete and utter flimflam

Because that is where the meeting is / the office is?

It may be bull - but your logic is not really sound here. Loads of people would go from heathrow to Canary Wharf for a meeting.

I really think it is. Ok AS tell me how you think the discussion in regards to "sweeper keeper" is conducted by manager and gk?
you're putting me on the spot here.

Okay, i have never studied it but i do know that its been employed for a while. judging from what i see the barca keeper doing and what van der saar for up to...you would think that its primarily to do with what you said , i.e tell the GK to push up more. thing is though , these keepers are good footballers in the sense that they dont shy away from the ball and can actually pass the ball comfortably..even in dangerous scenarios

i would think that talking to your keeper about being a sweeper would be a group discussion with his back line...and not just him. amongst that would be the GK having his penalty area and that whole part of the pitch that stretches to the goal line as his own personal field so in the same way that playmakers move in accordance to where the ball is ,i would guess your goal keeper would have to learn how to measure where to stand and how far out?

its a good way to nullify pressure if you have those kind of passers as goalies and also i would assume its something you would be comfortable doing if you have a lions share of possession. your goal keeper can allow you to push more guys forward and you wouldnt have to keep building your attack from deep

as for how the discussion would go? honestly i have no idea......maybe tell the keepr to usher the defensive line forward more.....show closer to the defenders on the side where the ball is coming from? i have no idea..this is pure embarrassing guess work

Why would you drive from Heathrow, through the city ad west end, to Canary Wharf? Complete and utter flimflam

to make sure he doesnt think its so easy to simply pop off back to Brazil when he flippin well feels like it

Levy knows

Why would we sign Gylfi just because VdV has two years left on his contract?!?!? We'd just extend VdV's deal......!

Cant see VdV going anywhere - he's one of the 3 best players we have

I seem to be in the minority here, but I think VdV is average, at best. Sure he's talented, but factoring in his lack of mobility, fitness, fight (the odd sliding tackle is not fight) and failure to add anything to the team bar goals (and he doesn't score enough to justify those other deficiencies), I'd say the following are 'better' players: Bale, Modric, (Adebayor), Kaboul, Lennon (and King). Overall, Parker and Friedel added more to the team last season, too.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I think VdV is average, at best. Sure he's talented, but factoring in his lack of mobility, fitness, fight (the odd sliding tackle is not fight) and failure to add anything to the team bar goals (and he doesn't score enough to justify those other deficiencies), I'd say the following are 'better' players: Bale, Modric, (Adebayor), Kaboul, Lennon (and King). Overall, Parker and Friedel added more to the team last season, too.

No way. VDV is a bigger talent than everyone there except Modric and Bale. Just because he doesn't do it all doesn't mean he isn't a top player. Guy is a threat every time he's out there.

Yes, goals and assists are over-rated. Who would want someone in your team that can provide them. Far better off with players who cant create or score. Lets get Crouch back

Last edited:
i will wait for Daniel to confirm on the Spurs site

A picture of him wearing a Locomotiv scarf at Lokomotivs offices on Locomotivs website not good enough for you then?!

Shame, you'd have to assume that Charlie and Niko being the first and only out the door so far is pretty much nailing on Luka's exit. Hope we got good money, I'm not particularly happy to see Charlie go.

There is so much wrong with the above statement, I wouldn't know where to begin..

A picture of him wearing a Locomotiv scarf at Lokomotivs offices on Locomotivs website not good enough for you then?!

Shame, you'd have to assume that Charlie and Niko being the first and only out the door so far is pretty much nailing on Luka's exit. Hope we got good money, I'm not particularly happy to see Charlie go.

no, maybe he is a fan since childhood and is out there doing a stadium tour

:)

It may be bull - but your logic is not really sound here. Loads of people would go from heathrow to Canary Wharf for a meeting.

No flights in to Heathrow from Porto Alegre or Sao Paulo this morning.. Hmmm

i think i know what you are trying to say.

TWO seasons ago statistically we performed just as well, if not better , without him starting the game as the support striker.

there is no doubting his talent as he is IMO the most talented guy in our team, but the application and where he applies his skills are the main issue i find.

still would rather have him in the squad than not, last season when we were on the bad run you coudl tell he was one of the few players that doesnt suffer from a lack of confidence syndome as much as others. he does have a strong will and big balls.

i think 'average at best' is exaggerating what you're trying to say by some stretch.....unfortunately it puts you in the same category as an under developed WUM that posts on the boards alot. never a good company to be with as that person is quite thick

Exactly hence cross rail directly connecting the 2 with the travelling time constantly mentioned in cross rail ads

Back