• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Time running out to sign anyone to be available for WBA. So much for the ITK's spouting there will be at least one new signing plus Ade v the BAggies

Time running out to sign anyone to be available for WBA. So much for the ITK's spouting there will be at least one new signing plus Ade v the BAggies

A deal being agreed is slightly different from the player being available. If we're close to anyone now they're probably not based in England. I wouldn't play anyone new unless he's an exceptionally talented midfielder.

Ive seen virtually nothing of him, so cannot form a full judgement - but from what I have seen and read he scores no where near enough for an attacking player, disappears from games/is inconsistent.

:lol:

Yes, I think it's a good move - he'd improve the overall squad quality, much like Vertonghen and Sigurdsson did. He's a dynamic player who would offer much needed competition out wide in AVB's 4-3-3. A working class man's Hulk but still a great option to have, imv

Mate, you are wasting your time - the knives have been out for months and soon the feast will begin

I sometimes think we don't deserve players of his ilk because their true qualities are never appreciated be some while every single little shortcoming is memorised during games, written down and regurtitated here afterewards while in turn magnified significantly in terms of poportion and magnitude. Much like Utd fans moaning about Berbatov not 'running' enough, or Ginola being too 'selfish'.

If Sigurdsson achieves half of VdV's career, I'm sure he will retire as a happy man one day

I dont understand all these VDV haters. fcuk me, hes our best scoring midfielder and hes VDV FFS. Top top player. I dont even know anything about Siggurdson and hes not even close to being as good looking as VDV is!!!

Yes, I think it's a good move - he'd improve the overall squad quality, much like Vertonghen and Sigurdsson did. He's a dynamic player who would offer much needed competition out wide in AVB's 4-3-3. A working class man's Hulk but still a great option to have, imv

I have a feeling working with AVB and in our team that has a lot of attacking talent he will get a lot better too.....

I think the phrase used was 'parading' not 'playing'. ie Suited and booted non-playing new signing gives us all a wave before the game starts.

I dont understand all these VDV haters. fcuk me, hes our best scoring midfielder and hes VDV FFS. Top top player. I dont even know anything about Siggurdson and hes not even close to being as good looking as VDV is!!!

You're right, he is a top player. I'm not sure there are any VDV haters on here, just people who think Sig adds more value or at least the potential to do so....

Whats so funny?

Do you not think £20m is bloody steep for a squad unit?

Seems to me that there's an awful lot of straw men being constructed around these parts.

Who has been hating on VDV?

I've seen no such thing.

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

According to Sky Italy,Inter signed uruguayan Alvaro Pereira from Porto for 10m € + 3m linked to bonus

Seems to me that there's an awful lot of straw men being constructed around these parts.

Who has been hating on VDV?

I've seen no such thing.

I think straw man is a much better defintion around the CSI-like investigative skills which have been used to deduct (mostly from no quote articles) that

- he wants to go back to Germany because of his wife (massive assumption based on a Sun article, iirc)
- does not want ot fight for a spot with a younger player
- cannot last 90 minutes in a competitive game
- does not fit AVB's pressing game eventhough he has not played a single game this season as a starter

Back