• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol at people thinking now we have Sig that VDV is surplus to requirements. He is one of the few proper big game players we have that doesnt bottle it at the first sign of pressure. More than that he is a fantastic player, who is playing at the top of his game for us near enough week in week out and people want to ship him out for a hyped up youngster with some potential. Just laughable.

lol at people thinking now we have Sig that VDV is surplus to requirements. He is one of the few proper big game players we have that doesnt bottle it at the first sign of pressure. More than that he is a fantastic player, who is playing at the top of his game for us near enough week in week out and people want to ship him out for a hyped up youngster with some potential. Just laughable.

Wish that was true but his habit of persistently picking up niggling injuries rather prevents it.

As to the rest of your post, has anyone advocated that VDV should be shipped out?

Does the Shaktar fan rate him?.. Does he think he's worth 30m euros?

He rates him "think he's a great creative addition for any team due to his assisting and wing-maradeuring abilities.", he was sticking to "€30m is his release clause so that's how much he will cost you"

Told him that we wouldn't pay that and our chairman is known to be a hard negotiator.

I'm sorry but if we sell VdV now then I'll lose all faith in Levy and AVB. With the striker situation the way it is one thing we absolutely cannot cut back on is players who score goals. Even if we are going to play with one striker, that formation requires an attacking midfielder to play behind that striker. And if Sigurdsson gets injured, then what? Who is our attacking/creative midfielder?

He may be inconsistent, but he's one of our best players and we have no need to sell a match winning player like him.

I'm sorry but if we sell VdV now then I'll lose all faith in Levy and AVB. With the striker situation the way it is one thing we absolutely cannot cut back on is players who score goals. Even if we are going to play with one striker, that formation requires an attacking midfielder to play behind that striker. And if Sigurdsson gets injured, then what? Who is our attacking/creative midfielder?

He may be inconsistent, but he's one of our best players and we have no need to sell a match winning player like him.

I think nobody here has been pro Sigurdsson and anti VDV

IF we are getting rid, surely then there is something about those Willian rumours

Selling Rafa would be absolute madness, Bale and him are the two players we have that have matchwinning world class ability. I could understand selling fringe players like Dawson and Huddlestone who haven't been fit foe some time but Rafa is the heartbeat of our squad I really would be angry if this happened.

To recap Tottenham's summer trading so far...

P0030.png

Last edited:
I love VDV....but he can't play 90 mins and is slow as fudge......I sense a clear pattern with our transfer strategy and the age and attributes of the targets.

If he goes.....I'll support the decision.....when was the last world class performance for Spurs? Honestly

Yes, I expect there will be a significant savings on Tottenham's annual wage bill, although we will only see this when the annual accounts are released.

As far as I know, it' a Dunne deal with Dawson.

Lao San on COYS re Dawson

I've just been informed by someone (who although not ITK as such, as far as I know, does have family members in the Football 'business') that Dawson has declined to discuss personal terms with QPR because he believes that he can win AVB around!!

Yes, I expect there will be a significant savings on Tottenham's annual wage bill, although we will only see this when the annual accounts are released.

As far as I know, it' a Dunne deal with Dawson.

would be interesting to see last 2 years

I'm very happy to let VDV go now that we have Sig. It makes so much sense, provided we can get someone to replace his position in the squad...someone that's happier to provide competition rather than expect to start every week.

The key was that AVB didn't get to make the changes he wanted at Chelsea, and he's doing that here. And we will play a fairly radical style of football. I think that means that if it fails, it will fail badly, but if it succeeds, we will achieve great things. Give him the players to play it and that's the best chance of success.

Saying 'we shouldn't sell core players' or whatever else will hold us back. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't if they don't fit. AVB plays to a style. He needs the players to do that. If it was a Harry type manager who values character, experience and other such intangibles I'd agree. But AVB needs the players suited to how he wants to play.

Here's the latest from JJetset by the way, who apparently is Swedish;

@jetsetyid
GHod morgon till mina Svenska twits och en ny anfallare är på väg… Arne Hegerfors

translates to: "Good morning to my Swedish twits and a new striker is on the way ... Arne Hegerfors"

@jetsetyid
@GazzehCOYS Brasilien superstjarna

in response to someone asking "toivonen", translates to "Brazilian Superstar"

----

Arne Hegerfors is a well known Swedish commentator, so I don't know what he has to do with it. And how "brazilian super star" translates to "Toivonen" is really beyond me.

amazing......:lol:=D>

i give up...i admit it..i cant speak english

Back