• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been chatting to a Shakhtar fan on teletext today about Willian, he's adamant they won't sell for less than €30m, so unless Levy is pull out all the stops I can't see us paying £24m for him

Arsenal have probably shown more consistency over the last decade than we have - maybe a slight decline from the first couple of years.

yes, consistant in form, that was not what I was talking about, what I was talking about was running with the same squad year after year, the have not done that, they have invested much and sold key players almost every season for the last 4 years. Henry, Flamini, Ade, Cesc, Van Persie, Song.. although I hate that brickhole of a club, these are pretty much world class players that they have been dishing out but still managed to stay in the top 4

Been chatting to a Shakhtar fan on teletext today about Willian, he's adamant they won't sell for less than €30m, so unless Levy is pull out all the stops I can't see us paying £24m for him

Does the Shaktar fan rate him?.. Does he think he's worth 30m euros?

Getting rid of VDV this season would be ridiculous. Yes they occupy the same position, but you need a plan B if plan A hits a bad patch of form or is ineffective. Siggy is as yet unproven in our team and Rafa has proven effective every season he has been here. If Siggy grabs the bull by the horns and smashes in 15 goals, fair do's we can talk about selling Rafa next year, but to do it this year would be a bit pre-emptive

it would be hard for him to grab 15 with vdv still here. VDV would have to leave or play marginally for siggy to do that. yes you need a b option but you wont get a happy one with vdv and siggy both in the squad..we arent big enough , paying enough and competing in CL enough for both to be happ being bit part guys

i agree though..selling vdv would be a bad idea, but if he goes i know it in my bones that siggy will score at least 7

consistency is the best way that teams develop.

good teams dont make whole sale changes to their core memebers unless forced. infact they mainly make changes to the fringe players or supporting cast.

chopping and changing doesnt reall help nearly as much as consisency and conitnuity

Arsenal could make their second Spanish swoop of the summer by launching a bid for Sevilla winger Jesus Navas.

The Gunners have already raided La Liga for Malaga forward Santi Cazorla but reports in Spain suggest boss Arsene Wenger is lining up Navas as a replacement for contract rebel Theo Walcott.

The 26-year-old has a £35million buy-out clause but Sevilla are willing to accept a bid of around half that amount.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192414/Arsenal-target-Sevilla-winger-Jesus-Navas.html

it would be hard for him to grab 15 with vdv still here. VDV would have to leave or play marginally for siggy to do that. yes you need a b option but you wont get a happy one with vdv and siggy both in the squad..we arent big enough , paying enough and competing in CL enough for both to be happ being bit part guys

i agree though..selling vdv would be a bad idea, but if he goes i know it in my bones that siggy will score at least 7

At least 7
Definitively more than 8
Most likely more than 9
Probably more than 10
Most likely stop at 11
Could be 12
13 would be great
14 might be pushing it
15 would be fantastic
16 is pushing it
17 is getting ridiculous
18 n'oh my GHod