• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do believe Sigurdsson holds his position with more discipline, roams less, and for a player supposed to support the striker I prefer this.

Based on 1 (one) game of 60 minutes in which he gave a 5/10 peformance at best?

When VdV came on his produced within minutes 2 of the best passes all game and if it wasn't for Lennon's first touch - could have had a classy assits. That's the quality he can bring as a player - a match-winning intervention out of nowhere - exactly what we were missing upfront all game.

More mud slinging and assumptions - is this really necessary? Did we forget the interview he made around a month ago professing his love for the club and fans - that must have been a smoke screen.

Not mud slinging at all, how can you even see it in that post?

He has made no secret of wanting to go back to Germany. And there are very valid reasons as to why he might want to. His interview earlier, the gist seemed to me was that he was happy here but open to moving there. Fair enough, I though.

He is a strong personality, and outspoken Dutchman who believes he should be playing every week. Is it so terrible to suggest that maybe he would rather be at a club where he is the main man that at one where he has to share his position more?

My objection was specifically to your claim that Sigurdsson "isn't fit to lace VDV's boots". That's just taking it too far.

Sigurdsson has to earn his place ahead of VdV, imho (not idea what AVB thinks on this - simply my take) - not assume it by default because of some perceived fitness superiority

Based on 1 (one) game of 60 minutes in which he gave a 5/10 peformance at best?

When VdV came on his produced within minutes 2 of the best passes all game and if it wasn't for Lennon's first touch - could have had a classy assits. That's the quality he can bring as a player - a match-winning intervention out of nowhere - exactly what we were missing upfront all game.

So out of all that you pick one line for a snarky retort? :lol:

Not based upon 60 minutes at all. Based upon watching a whole bunch of Swansea games and Reading games before that.

I dont doubt VDVs QUALITY and never have done, I think he is a fantastic player

More mud slinging and assumptions - is this really necessary? Did we forget the interview he made around a month ago professing his love for the club and fans - that must have been a smoke screen.

I think he's very happy at Spurs. But, if persistent rumours are to be believed, his Mrs needs to be in Germany for her career. So it would be quite understandable (and commendable) if his happiness was dependent, to an extent, on her happiness.

The fact that he says all the right and diplomatic things in public isn't a black mark against him.

Not mud slinging at all, how can you even see it in that post?

He has made no secret of wanting to go back to Germany. And there are very valid reasons as to why he might want to. His interview earlier, the gist seemed to me was that he was happy here but open to moving there. Fair enough, I though.

He is a strong personality, and outspoken Dutchman who believes he should be playing every week. Is it so terrible to suggest that maybe he would rather be at a club where he is the main man that at one where he has to share his position more?

You post insinuated (after examining his mind) that he would rather fudge off and be number #1 superstar elsewhere than fight for a spot (with an inferior player, imv but that's another argument) - to me that suggests a lazy, weak and uncommitted individual.

I honestly don't think we're going to break our transfer record this window. We paid, what, sixteen and half million quid for Modric/Bentley? Can't see us paying more than that for Willian or Damiao. Should still be enough to get them, though. Only question is; do we actually have the money for both plus the Modric replacement/possible GK? Questionable.

Sigurdsson has to earn his place ahead of VdV, imho (not idea what AVB thinks on this - simply my take) - not assume it by default because of some perceived fitness superiority

Again, I repeat that my objection was to your claim that Sigurdsson isn't even "fit to lace VDV's boots".

So out of all that you pick one line for a snarky retort? :lol:

It's pointeless aruging the rest as each one's stances have been made clear in the past - I disagree with your assessment while Defoe's introduction is Managing 101 - we need a goal, bring on a fresh pair of legs, take off the ACM, play with 2 upfront

I dont really see what AVB sees in Willian. Must admit, have not seen a lot of Shakhtar, but the guy looks really lightweight.

(Based on one game) Sigurdsson seemed to be more effective at pressing and this can be key for AVB. I for one think VdV should start.

Back