• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Stoke - Official match thread

For the hundredth time... the Mason / Bentaleb is simply not good enough
There is plenty about or side that isn't good enough (depending on what your aiming for of course).

Poch has done well in his first season to get us to where we are in the league. There is no hiding the fact that the past 5-6 games have been a shambles and incredibly disappointing. Not addressing the issues is creating a growing frustration. But overall i think he's done a decent job in his first season.

Our playing staff is promising but average currently.

What does Levy, who's at the game, do? He has to stick with Poch, back his man I guess. Poch has done wonders with younger players to be fair. But his inability to make us hard to beat is a massive concern.

Last edited:
Our season ended a long time ago. In the players heads anyway. Don't understand why Stambouli hasn't been given a shot

De Gea who was voted by his peers as the best goalkeeper in the league.
Courtois who is clearly better
Forster who has been solidly consistent.

I wouldn't even say Lloris was better than Cech.

De Gea is a great shot stopper. I don't see what else sets him apart.

Defensively we have been a shambles. Both goals were preventable, but again our mistakes have cost us. The first 20 was poor but I think we conceded just as we were starting to play our way into the game.

We are never gonna get through the middle of them with the way they are defending though.

We're impressive aren't we? Thing is, this is pretty much the same all season, but without eriksen doing what they've done, and now even Lloris not saving us points.

We don't create enough, our defence is too disorganised and our delightful midfield combo not offering enough in defence or attack. ARGH!!

How can porch not see our midfield is incredibly weak and limited? We need so so so much more from them and we haven't had it all season. So frustrating pretty much every single game, the same thing.

Saying all that, still think we can get something from this. Edlin for Chricihies and move Dier in the middle. And Dembele on, actually today i think Mason has been better than bentaleb so not bothered which, but I'd still keep bentaleb on.

Poch will probably leave it until 60 minutes then bring on Dembele for mason. Then on 70 minutes Towsnedn for Chadli. then on 80, still losing, Soldado for Arisen.

at least youd think Levy will decide to give Poch his OWN signings this summer as opposed to second rate ones who he probably didnt approve of. Roll on the summer.

Our season ended a long time ago. In the players heads anyway. Don't understand why Stambouli hasn't been given a shot
Its quite bizarre. You have to wonder how bad things need to get in the middle of the park before dembele or stambouil see some playing minutes.

if the substitution is townsend for eriksen im going to be an angry chap.

Back