• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Moving I'd say 1k if you have a house full of stuff to move and do your own packing.

Legal firms can tier fees based on purchase price and some fees are set, I'd say 1.5 to 2k may be less for a new build though. I can recommend one by pm if you like as I'm a little annoyed I scrimped and went with a slightly cheaper one and think she was much better than the local firm I tried. Again maybe the value isn't there when you are dealing with existing residents and working out the finer details of what they are leaving etc.

I guess a survey isn't required as the house has a warranty?

Have you worked out the stamp duty?
https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/residential-property-rates

I've just moved and my other piece of advice is don't leave packing until the last minute and make sure you get your broadband/ sky sorted in advance as it takes a couple of weeks for them to react.

Edit. And mail redirection!
Thanks
We’ve worked out stamp duty already
And we will have the bonus of staying where we currently live until everything is pretty much sorted with the new build, we’re in no rush

That may take a year longer than you expect.
Watch some of this guy's videos
Is that the 'absolutely shocking' guy?

I've watched a few of his and he's not wrong.

My sister in law has just moved into a Miller Homes new build. The new neighbors setup a WhatsApp group to all get to know each other and pass on tips...it's descended into a catalogue of moans and complaints about tinkle poor workmanship and faults.

Ps. I held off sending her a link to these videos.

Is that the 'absolutely shocking' guy?

I've watched a few of his and he's not wrong.

My sister in law has just moved into a Miller Homes new build. The new neighbors setup a WhatsApp group to all get to know each other and pass on tips...it's descended into a catalogue of moans and complaints about tinkle poor workmanship and faults.

Ps. I held off sending her a link to these videos.
The new build where we're hopefully going is part of an area that has been developed over 10 years or so, hopefully we're lucky with ours !!!
We have a 10 year warranty included

The sun finally came and hopefully it will stay for the whole weekend.

Having my first beer on the balcony of the new apartment. Not as sunny or warm as the previous one, which was basically an oven as it was almost completely enclosed and only had some glass panes you could slide open to let the sun in. Much improved view though. Got the fjord and some green stuff instead of a parking lot and the rear of another building.

Tomorrow it's my brother's wedding. Going to be low key affair with family only. Not even sure how many will be there as the bride's family live in the Netherlands and England.

On Sunday it's Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard (unfortunately) and a bunch of Scandinavian bands.

• 10-year NHBC Buildmark policy
So…. It’s not a warranty
NHBC is a bit of a con
I own a house building business (well part of one)
Honestly. Once it’s finished, pay for an independent check. It’s worth the money
We only build 5/8 houses a year and they are high end and well done. By business partner meets the owners face to face and they have his number for anything that may go wrong. We also have to agree an independent guarantee but it just means the house has been inspected at varying points. They don’t check for things that will matter to you
That doesn’t mean your house will have any issues of course :)

And Peter (Mr. Annoying Cnut) Drury takes his place.

There are very few people who can do commentary on sports without feeling the need burden the world with their opinions on every subject under the sun, apart from naming horses they are pointless, I don't need one when I go to games why do I need one when watching on TV?

So after being out the game for a while and spending the last 3 years in Project Management I had an interview to get back into Travel looking after the sales and marketing for two hotels in London, early doors but I feel like I aced the interview to the point the head was giving me next interview coaching tips on what the Commercial Head wants to hear amongst other things. Getting a 2nd and final interview on the spot also felt good.

Don't wanna get too ahead of myself but felt very good coming off the back of that.

Back