• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

My sister in law got stabbed eight times by a random kid at a bus stop last night. Miraculously she survived, as all the stabs barely avoided arteries and what have you. She went to this little town last night, every time I've been there it's been a sleepy little town, and out of the blue this teenager kid just walks up to her and starts stabbing her. Crazy. He's been apprehended, and she's recovering in hospital.

That's shocking, it must have been terrifying. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

My sister in law got stabbed eight times by a random kid at a bus stop last night. Miraculously she survived, as all the stabs barely avoided arteries and what have you. She went to this little town last night, every time I've been there it's been a sleepy little town, and out of the blue this teenager kid just walks up to her and starts stabbing her. Crazy. He's been apprehended, and she's recovering in hospital.

fudging hell, so sorry to hear this, glad she’s recovering and they’ve been apprehended.

That's horrible! I read about it in the newspaper. So many nutcases walking around.
Really hoping your sister in law will recover, as the news said she had serious injuries.

Jeez, that is horrible. Hope she recovers as much as can be expected, that is a very traumatic experience for her and family. Norway, right?

Sweet jeebus. That is mental.

That's horrible! I read about it in the newspaper. So many nutcases walking around.
Really hoping your sister in law will recover, as the news said she had serious injuries.

Yeah, she was incredibly lucky. If one of the stabs were millimeters more to one side, it would've hit her spleen, and then it could've gone a lot worse. I've told my brother that he insist on her going to therapy and sticking with it asap - PTSD can get so ugly if it's brushed under the carpet. She's promised that she will, so that's good.

It's so ironic. She's from the country side. Tough girl. She and my brother live in the dead center of Oslo, in an area where there's a lot of immigrants. This particular area is dreaded as something out of a gangster movie for people from the countryside. It so dangerous in there! So she's lived in this area in Oslo for ten years, never had anything happen to her - then in one of the sleepiest towns in this country, some random teenager almost kills her.

Last edited:
Man, WTF
I’m hoping this kid has some issues and needs help
And more importantly your sisters gets well physically and isn’t too mentally scarred after what must be a horrible, horrendous experience

best wishes to her

Just getting home from 5 days in Paris
Few days sight seeing and 3 days at euro Disney
The French love a strike
Strikes in euro Disney
Strikes on the railway
Strikes at the airport
But the kids loved it (which is enough payback for us to justify taking them)
Bloody hot though

Yeah, she was incredibly lucky. If one of the stabs were millimeters more to one side, it would've hit her spleen, and then it could've gone a lot worse. I've told my brother that he insist on her going to therapy and sticking with it asap - PTSD can get so ugly if it's brushed under the carpet. She's promised that she will, so that's good.

It's so ironic. She's from the country side. Tough girl. She and my brother live in the dead center of Oslo, in an area where there's a lot of immigrants. This particular area is dreaded as something out of a gangster movie for people from the countryside. It so dangerous in there! So she's lived in this area in Oslo for ten years, never had anything happen to her - then in one of the sleepiest towns in this country, some random teenager almost kills her.

Glad she survived - horrible thing to go through, and I hope therapy will heal the mental wounds as well.

Thankfully these incidents are very rare in Norway, but there is an underlying issue with how we handle psyciatric patients in later years (I assume the perpetrator likely has some sort of serious mental issue to do something like this) that could lead to - and maybe already have - and increase in random violence. Basically because recent health care reform provides more autonomy for people with serious mental illness in deciding whether to receive care or not. In itself that's not neccesarily a bad thing, but the consequences are that more people with complex mental issues are not being treated, but instead trying to get by in society with varying degrees of success.

Norwegian police for instance had almost twice as many missions involving psyciatry in 2022 than in 2016. It's fair to assume that in a lot of these missions police officers encountered people who should be receiving care - not ending up in a confrontation with police.

Anyway - don't want to derail the thread, but this is something I'm concerned about. Very glad to know she's allright. That's some scary brick she went through.

Glad she survived - horrible thing to go through, and I hope therapy will heal the mental wounds as well.

Thankfully these incidents are very rare in Norway, but there is an underlying issue with how we handle psyciatric patients in later years (I assume the perpetrator likely has some sort of serious mental issue to do something like this) that could lead to - and maybe already have - and increase in random violence. Basically because recent health care reform provides more autonomy for people with serious mental illness in deciding whether to receive care or not. In itself that's not neccesarily a bad thing, but the consequences are that more people with complex mental issues are not being treated, but instead trying to get by in society with varying degrees of success.

Norwegian police for instance had almost twice as many missions involving psyciatry in 2022 than in 2016. It's fair to assume that in a lot of these missions police officers encountered people who should be receiving care - not ending up in a confrontation with police.

Anyway - don't want to derail the thread, but this is something I'm concerned about. Very glad to know she's allright. That's some scary brick she went through.

Yeah, it's been coming for a long time. I've been working in various psych wards over the years, and ever since 2010 the funding has been gradually slashed across the board, doctors are forced to send home patients that aren't in any way healed or treated, basically back to an empty apartment with no support network. So there's a big host of psych patients that even want to be treated for longer (one of my favorites patients got sent home against his wishes, he was recovering well, but due to finances and pressures from above in the hierarchy, he had to be shipped out - this a guy who a few months prior was so mentally ill he stabbed a woman in a shop for thinking she was the mafia out to get him). So there's lots of people out there that aren't getting the treatment they should, all due to the various government decisions to slash the psych budget - ironically while we're proudly boasting something along the lines of "mental illness is important, we must talk about it" or some such gonads. Talk with your money then!

Question
We're 1st time buyers hopefully buying a new build
How much roughly will we need to have put aside for legal/moving costs, etc ??

Question
We're 1st time buyers hopefully buying a new build
How much roughly will we need to have put aside for legal/moving costs, etc ??
Moving I'd say 1k if you have a house full of stuff to move and do your own packing.

Legal firms can tier fees based on purchase price and some fees are set, I'd say 1.5 to 2k may be less for a new build though. I can recommend one by pm if you like as I'm a little annoyed I scrimped and went with a slightly cheaper one and think she was much better than the local firm I tried. Again maybe the value isn't there when you are dealing with existing residents and working out the finer details of what they are leaving etc.

I guess a survey isn't required as the house has a warranty?

Have you worked out the stamp duty?
https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/residential-property-rates

I've just moved and my other piece of advice is don't leave packing until the last minute and make sure you get your broadband/ sky sorted in advance as it takes a couple of weeks for them to react.

Edit. And mail redirection!

Back