• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Thinking about moving.

Our housing stock is grim really.

I think I might have to knock something down then re-build it myself.

I didn't look into it properly but I think if you known down and re-build then it's cheaper as you don't get charged VAT. Coming to the end of our reno, been hideous living here at the same time. Didn't have any radiators on for half the winter.

Just been to a funeral for my mates brother
40 years old
Killed by a drug and drink driver
The guy who killed him may only get 2 years because of the way the laws are here in the UK
I’d argue that if you drive under the influence you are at least acting under manslaughter conditions and I personally think it’s murder….
Scary the way out judicial system works
He has left behind a son and a broken family

40 years old
The guy who killed him may only get 2 years because of the way the laws are here in the UK
I’d argue that if you drive under the influence you are at least acting under manslaughter conditions and I personally think it’s murder….
That's tragic. My condolences.
Same thing happened to a distant friend of mine this winter, and unfortunately, the law isn't any better here in Norway. The driver was in court for the accident, which caused the death of two people, and he also had a whole host of drug and violence related charges. Got 3 years and 9 months.
It's really strange that taking a life in such a reckless way, isn't punished harder.

40 years old

Really sorry to hear that. How awful for his family and his friends.
Two years is no time at all for taking a life.

I vaguely heard something on the radio this morning as I was waking up that drug-driving is catching up with drink-driving in numbers. But the item was saying that it takes up to 5 months to get the toxicology results back, and the police only have 6 months from the time of the offence to charge someone, so many get away with it. That didn't sound quite right, and I may have misheard, but it was along those lines.

Really sorry to hear that. How awful for his family and his friends.
Two years is no time at all for taking a life.

I vaguely heard something on the radio this morning as I was waking up that drug-driving is catching up with drink-driving in numbers. But the item was saying that it takes up to 5 months to get the toxicology results back, and the police only have 6 months from the time of the offence to charge someone, so many get away with it. That didn't sound quite right, and I may have misheard, but it was along those lines.
It’s over taken drink driving
I really didn’t know this guy. I went for moral support for my mate who is broken TBH
But the laws are just wrong
If I force my car I have a duty of care to everyone around me, including passengers, pedestrians and other road users

This one below was on the news recently and I was just appalled at it… be warned it’s not a pleasant video because you can see how reckless the driver actually was
https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2023-05-13/shocking-video-shows-drink-driver-running-over-cyclist

Sorry to hear about this. Same thing happened to my nephew. He was 21, killed with his friend 18, in a head on crash with an addict driving on the wrong side of the road. 3 dead, two severely injured, 5 families torn to shreds. Happened a few years ago, his parents will never get over it, still hurts the whole family.

Once they turned the life support off his organs were donated, in hope of giving life to others. He was a talented musician and played in a couple of bands. We all clubbed together to raise enough money to purchase a piece of land. Every year there is a small music festival in his memory.

Back